WaterfallMachine

Newbie Here. What's The Purpose Of Enlightenment?

86 posts in this topic

Hey thanks for all the people who replied to my question! And thank you to anyone else who'd like to explain after I posted this update. It's still one of the most confusing ideas I ever bothered to understand, if not the most,  — but it seems a little bit clearer. It helped in making my decision on whether I should follow through with this or not. 

I've watched the intro video on spiritual enlightenment from Leo and it did highlight on some major rewards mentioned here  (Finding the "Truth") and not mentioned here ("Absolute freedom from negative emotions.") . I actually got depressed and intensely fearful for a day before recovering the next day. Heavy stuff, huh? Haha. But at least it didn't last a week like other people did — I guess I went through too many intensely horrible experiences in my life and got through them to be that affected. 

But I am curious on what this Truth is. I certainly haven't experienced it but something does seem off to me — and now that I heard the explanation, I recognized that I actually introduced to some meditations made to this but I was never really directly told what the point was as directly as Leo explained. I guess I'm convinced enough from the posts here and what Leo said to try this idea out. 

But it seems the decision to follow through with this is settled. After watching the second video for spiritual enlightenment with Leo, I don't have any major problem in life I need to focus on. I do have issues to go through — but not anything particularly urgent and too time consuming. I've also spent some years already in personal development somehow. (Though, not high as 10 years. More half of that.) Maybe I'm ready. Maybe I'm not. Heh. What do you think?

I guess I'll ask more questions if I need to. Tell me if you have any advice to me please.

Well, I'd guess I'd see you guys around. 

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

Purpose of enlightenment ?

WORLD DOMINATION !!!

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAZQAAAAJDRiM2JhZDZhLTI2NTIt

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Let me sound wise, allow it guys pls my ego needs 

Enlightenment has no purpose,  it is the only reality!

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

20 hours ago, Dingus said:

@WaterfallMachine What is it that made you look to "spiritual pursuits"? In other words what are you looking for, what are you hoping to get out of it, what's the reason you're doing all this in the first place?

It's important to be clear about this for yourself or you might end up going after all the wrong things and not actually getting anywhere. You certainly wouldn't be the first.

I guess what first led me to meditation these past few years was my mental health problems — depression and anxiety all over. These days I'm a lot calmer and tend to be relaxed most of the time — that the difference in having absolute happiness  and happy most of the time doesn't seem to have much difference and reward to it. Though, it could be beneficial really. I have some ambitious dreams about helping people in the world and the emotional stability could help in whatever problems might come in my journey to this. My life is good now but who knows in the future? If I don't remain strong for others, how can I change things for other people? 

Another thing is that I'm curious. I've had a history of going through different philosophical ideas obsessively, questioning my major beliefs and changing large parts of my worldview. I just get a kick out of learning new perspectives, especially if that perspective connects to about every major part of my life — which from my impression over learning about Enlightenment seem to be going to way bigger than anything I've learned in this area. Also, the part that it mentions having a lot of fear is something familiar to me — I'm not saying I'm not going to be scared going through this, from the sounds of how intense this experience is, it probably would. It's more that I've been through intense fear going through changing my worldview in the past — even crying for several days — yet I continued because I was so damn interested. It's like I'm an adrenal Junkie — but for ideas rather than physical pursuits. I was scared shitless over learning about enlightenment but it was also very exciting somehow.

it will take years from the sounds of it, if it's even possible, — but hey, I can wait. Meditating for so long has made me attached to my time meditating and it's already a simple pleasure just going through this practice. Usually other people know me as the kind of person who wants new ideas all the time and that's true, but meditation's repetitiveness, discipline and need for consistency provides something lovely on the hidden side of me that wants that. This sounds harder emotionally but I guess I can follow through. I like learning new things and there is a pleasure in slowly understanding something that you put effort in. My own life philosophy is built with curiosity in the top of it all — with the idea that curiosity will win over fear more than bravery could. I guess I wanted to test my curiosity over fear — see how far I could go and work on it. I already do this in following through with different projects and hobbies but this one sounds like a major project that sounds especially interesting and challenging.

Honestly, throughout my spiritual practice, I've struggled with needing success and affirmation. But this seems to be going away — mostly, at least. But a few times here and there can still appear and this could apply to my practice here.

Are those good reasons? Or no? Looking forward to a response.

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

Because

1716921-Eckhart-Tolle-Quote-Death-is-a-s

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@SOUL Ive been reviewing my emails.  The profound thing that you know after Awakening is that you were always here.  You Are.  I Am.  There is no beginning, nor an end.  There is just Om.  Namaste!

On 4/16/2017 at 6:17 PM, Fidelio said:

This is not exactly true. The "purpose" of awakening is to end suffering in yourself and others. This is fundamental in both Buddhist and Hindu teachings.

That's absolutely right!

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Fidelio That's definitely NOT it's purpose. Absolute Truth can have no purpose.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Prabhaker when oh when will you stop quoting Osho!

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

2 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

when oh when will you stop quoting Osho!

Until I find the Truth.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Fidelio That's definitely NOT it's purpose. Absolute Truth can have no purpose.

Absolute truth? The jiva/person's only reason to seek, is to end suffering, imo.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

11 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Until I find the Truth.

On the Eckhart Tolle forum you claimed to have already found the truth and stated you were going to write your own posts from now on. Why not on this forum?..... 

Edited by Anna1

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

2 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

On the Eckhart Tolle forum you claimed to have already found the truth

I post only on this forum, I never claimed to have already found the absolute truth.

1 minute ago, Prabhaker said:

I post only on this forum, I never claimed to have already found the absolute truth.

You are a liar "Borris"! (Name on tolle forum) I would know your posts anywhere! ... 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Just now, Anna1 said:

I would know your posts anywhere!

I am not the only person possessed by Osho.

10 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

I am not the only person possessed by Osho.

You are so full of .......

I outed you and you can't own up. Ok, whatever.

Edited by Anna1

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Your other name on this forum is- Shanmugam. You going to still deny it? Yes people, he has 2 accounts. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

15 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Your other name on this forum is- Shanmugam. You going to still deny it? Yes people, he has 2 accounts. 

Shanmugam criticized Osho many times.

Just now, Prabhaker said:

Shanmugam criticized Osho many times.

Lol...your alter ego? Look "Borris" you have link on the Tolle site to your Shanmugam blog with your pic on it and you posted Osho out the "...",  until I called you out on it. Then, you finally  changed your tune. So, don't try to play me. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?