Heaven

Hamas is a perfect reflection of Islam

87 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Karmadhi said:

You may call Ben gvir just a nutcase but he is the one making a lot of important decisions about Israel, not Bennet.

So if Ben Gvir is a nutcase= Israeli actions will be that of a nutcase.

At least on the areas he is responsible for.

There are still substantial checks on his power. Serious leaders and commanders don't take advice from him but he can manage to squirm in some populist measures here and there. He is an unhinged nutcase which is problematic but he is also kind of predictable and really not that powerful when it comes to serious national decision-making.

1 hour ago, Karmadhi said:

Those are fair points. Personally I do not agree with the statement my friend said. Seems quite biased to me. 

It was to give you guys insights into how people from that region see this conflict.

Relatively recently I met an Assyrian girl from Iraq and she told me that for her it is crystal clear that the land belongs to Jews and not Palestinians. It was a somewhat dogmatic statement but just to show you the diversity of thought in the region. In her eyes, as an Assyrian, she along with other indigenous Middle Eastern nations like the Copts, Berbers, Kurds and JEWS are the true indigenous nations of the Middle East that got conquered, overrun and out-populated by the Arabs who were originally only indigenous to the Arab peninsula. I heard a similar story from an Egyptian Coptic taxi driver. This kind of paradigm is no more dogmatic than the highly toxic and untruthful "white colonial-indigenous" paradigm some Western left-wing extremists project onto Israel.  

To be clear personally I believe the land belongs to both Jews and Arabs. Furthermore, I would say that Jews also have the right to the lands in other Middle Eastern countries they are from or were part of their homeland. But just the same Arabs have the right to Israel's land. So for example in some ideal future a Jew can go skiing in Lebanon and have a vacation home there and a Lebanese can go scuba diving in the Red sea in Southern Israel and invest in some property there. However, current reality does not allow for this so a two-state solution is the best we can do realistically which is already hard enough and might not even work out.

Edited by Vrubel

Posted (edited)

51 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

There are still substantial checks on his power. Serious leaders and commanders don't take advice from him but he can manage to squirm in some populist measures here and there. He is an unhinged nutcase which is problematic but he is also kind of predictable and really not that powerful when it comes to serious national decision-making.

His attitude can embolden people to commit atrocities. For example a 12 year old boy throwing a ballon or something was shot by an Israeli soldier. That was clearly unacceptable. Instead of apologizing, Ben Gvir literally congratulated him to the point where it angered even BBC. That gives the message that killing kids is rewarded and gives you an applaud from a key government figure. That can embolden soldiers to act more carelessly knowing they will not face any consequences nor condemnation from their higher ups.  The fact that that soldier is not in a military trial for possible child murder (arguably the most unforgivable crime someone can commit) shows how messed up Israeli army and society is. 

51 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

Relatively recently I met an Assyrian girl from Iraq and she told me that for her it is crystal clear that the land belongs to Jews and not Palestinians

Humans have been conquering and kicking out people since the dawn of time. "These people were here before you" is a dangerous way of thinking which only leads to further conflict. Truth is we do not know for sure who was there 5000 years ago. Many can make an argument that most of current Israelis are White Europeans that should not live in land populated by Brown people. It can also start becoming about race too, not just religion. So this whole thing is a mess.

Ironically this is the same logic Putin uses. He says that 1000 years ago Ukraine and Russia were 1 nation and therefore we can make Ukraine part of Russia again. That may be true but it does not justify Russia annexing Ukraine because they were the same people 1000 years ago. They are separate countries now. Israel says that 2000 years ago we used to live here before Palestinians and therefore we should live here and not them. You cannot use that as a reason either to take most of the land there and treat the remaining locals like shit.

It is a dangerous mindset which has caused 2 horrible wars. And countless before hand. Balkan is also full of these land driven conflict.

Personally it is irrelevant who lived there 2000 years ago. I have no issue with jews having a state in that land but as long as it is done by accomodating the people that already lived there for centuries. The UN partition plan gave Jews like 2/3 of the land while being a minority which is why Arabs probably went to war against them.

I have even read that the Palestinians living there used to be Jewish and the European Jews are phonies. But I did not see much proof for it.

Edited by Karmadhi

4 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

95% of Islam are of sane people who don't support this.

But it's hard to ignore the loud minority. They dictate the terms these days in every faction. 

“In the Arab world, approximately 80% of people support armed resistance, whether it’s called Hamas or by any other name. Despite previous animosity, the primary obstacle  faced by the people is the presence of dictators in the Middle East. These rulers, especially in Jordan and Egypt, maintain their positions by controlling borders and preventing dissent. Essentially, their primary role is gatekeepin

for example : In Jordan, over 4 million Palestinians reside, sharing a 300 km border with Israel. Since October 7th, more than 2,000 individuals have been arrested. This genocide radicalized people in enormous way

6 hours ago, Raze said:

Palestinians were actually a more secular leaning population in the Middle East, Hamas and religious extremism was popularized there as an adaptation to survive the brutal oppression by Israel. Israel and the US also supported fermenting radical violent interpretations Islam and crushing the peaceful movements and secular groups.

This is so true , Hamas gains its legitimacy from resisting the occupier. The paradox lies in how this conflict is often portrayed globally—as a war between Israel and Gaza, akin to major countries like Britain and Germany. However, when we consider the physical dimensions, it’s like comparing the size of Gaza to that of a small city in any other country. The disparity is striking. that's why they're gaining the respect 

3 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

Ironically this is the same logic Putin uses. He says that 1000 years ago Ukraine and Russia were 1 nation and therefore we can make Ukraine part of Russia again. That may be true but it does not justify Russia annexing Ukraine because they were the same people 1000 years ago. They are separate countries now. Israel says that 2000 years ago we used to live here before Palestinians and therefore we should live here and not them. You cannot use that as a reason either to take most of the land there and treat the remaining locals like shit.

I told you it was a dogmatic view. When I told her I don't mind Palestinians having some of the land she thought of me as some kind of meek fool. People in the Middle East don't fuck around. It's quite literally an all-or-nothing mentality and no alternative worldviews are tolerated. You can see it in how they are cheering on "armed resistance" even if it means that the brothers they supposedly "love" will get hammered down. These people don't think like you and me.

18 hours ago, Vrubel said:

Still, some cultures more than others are severely missing in the "chill factor".

Life in South America is poor, hard, and unequal yet the people have a certain attitude and chill in life. Sure I might get robbed there by some bad actors in a big city but that's about it. Despite often being religious Latino culture scores very high with the chill factor. In South America they just had one major war in the 19th century and that's it. 

The problem is definitely deeper than just stage blue Islam.

I hate when foreigners presume things about my country. How do you know if my country has ambition or not? probably you have never been here you don't know shit about what you are talking about.

I hate when even Leo builds his geopolitical theories based on some stereotypes he has about some country or people.

1 hour ago, Tudo said:

I hate when foreigners presume things about my country. How do you know if my country has ambition or not? probably you have never been here you don't know shit about what you are talking about.

I hate when even Leo builds his geopolitical theories based on some stereotypes he has about some country or people.

You live in Brazil, i just saw on your profile. Great country. Vrubel thinks he is superior to everyone, don’t take offence. 

In a literalist religion like Islam, you have the belief in life after death.  If you follow the dogma you are assured a pleasant eternity.   This belief can make men brave.  Thus, in history, these religions have offered a major advantage in war and conquest.   The religion also gives comfort to the Palestinians in the face of enormous sacrifice and suffering.   Without Islam, the resistance would not be possible, because their collective will would have been broken a long time ago.   It makes me wonder that if literalist religions die, will the world end up in tyranny, because only a literalist religion can successfully lead a resistance.  A modern population habituated to the material comforts of capitalism have little desire to fight oppression.  Be careful about looking down on ancient systems.  They have survived this long for a reason.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

2 hours ago, Merkabah Star said:

You live in Brazil, i just saw on your profile. Great country. Vrubel thinks he is superior to everyone, don’t take offence. 

I was expressing my admiration and respect for Latino culture which I personally hold in high regard, how is that feeling superior? 

4 hours ago, Tudo said:

I have been to almost every country in South America. Mostly for the nature but I also love to observe and experience other cultures, don't be so petty and sour if you think I have some observations wrong. 

It is impossible for Islam to evolve into a setting that is not blue since Islam is blue/red at its core. It is not comparable to Christianity or Buddhism, which would be green and turquoise in their essence. Going beyond blue is blasphemy against the Koran and is punishable by hell. Islam is an absolutely toxic ideology that castrates minds through terror, a true disease of humanity

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

In a literalist religion like Islam, you have the belief in life after death.  If you follow the dogma you are assured a pleasant eternity.   This belief can make men brave.  Thus, in history, these religions have offered a major advantage in war and conquest.   The religion also gives comfort to the Palestinians in the face of enormous sacrifice and suffering.   Without Islam, the resistance would not be possible, because their collective will would have been broken a long time ago.   It makes me wonder that if literalist religions die, will the world end up in tyranny, because only a literalist religion can successfully lead a resistance.  A modern population habituated to the material comforts of capitalism have little desire to fight oppression.  Be careful about looking down on ancient systems.  They have survived this long for a reason.

Muslims have always been inferior warriors, since their entire motivation is threat and reward imposed from the koran. Some of them have that belief completely internalized and will not doubt but the majority are hypocrites who pretend to believe. The problem with Islam is that it is an inherently false religion, which does not resonate with the human interior, and that is perceived and creates doubts.

Edited by Breakingthewall

5 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Muslims have always been inferior warriors, since their entire motivation is threat and reward imposed from the koran. Some of them have that belief completely internalized and will not doubt but the majority are hypocrites who pretend to believe. The problem with Islam is that it is an inherently false religion, which does not resonate with the human interior, and that is perceived and creates doubts.

Lol, it’s funny how in one breath Islam is a religion of violence and war that brainwashes everyone, but in the other breath they are bad warriors who don’t actually believe their religion. You’re just blindly demonizing them at this point with no basis in understanding.

Islam is a religion
Hamas is a gang of young men raised in violence, given a gun and told to shoot people.

6 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

The Taliban managed to defeat the United States as well as all of NATO using vastly inferiour weapons.   I am personally impressed by their warrior abilities.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

On 5.04.2024 at 11:03 AM, Leo Gura said:

Like people, some nations have ambition and some do not. The higher one's ambition the more people one will step on to acheive it.

With all respect but as a Pole I find it quite offensive ;d Poland is one of the fastest growing economy in region, we work hard and wisely. We've got some innovative companies like CD Project. What do you mean no ambition? 

1 hour ago, Jodistrict said:

The Taliban managed to defeat the United States as well as all of NATO using vastly inferiour weapons.   I am personally impressed by their warrior abilities.  

The Afghans were always brave warriors, but their way of defeating us was to wait for them to leave. Muslims have been brave warriors historically, the Turks created a great empire, and the Arabs too, but they have never reached the Western level in war or the  Asian resistence and surrender

2 hours ago, Raze said:

Lol, it’s funny how in one breath Islam is a religion of violence and war that brainwashes everyone, but in the other breath they are bad warriors who don’t actually believe their religion. You’re just blindly demonizing them at this point with no basis in understanding.

My basis of understanding in those topics is the same that everyone, my knowledge. Just my opinion, Islam is a religion of slaves

38 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

The Afghans were always brave warriors, but their way of defeating us was to wait for them to leave. Muslims have been brave warriors historically, the Turks created a great empire, and the Arabs too, but they have never reached the Western level in war or the  Asian resistence and surrender

My basis of understanding in those topics is the same that everyone, my knowledge. Just my opinion, Islam is a religion of slaves

A while back I recall you saying war with Muslim countries is easy because they collapse quickly since “Islam is false” or something, but now you say they are warriors who can wait out their opponents.

Slaves is how you describe a group that follows orders and gets beaten down, yet you portray Islam as a religion of violence and instability.

This is my point, your criticisms aren’t consistent. This indicates a large bias. 

15 minutes ago, Raze said:

This is my point, your criticisms aren’t consistent. This indicates a large bias.

True , I ve bias against Islam, I see it as the most false religion, very negative, castrator of the creative human spirit . Really I'd like to have a better opinion.

On 5.4.2024 at 2:29 PM, Raze said:

Palestinians were actually a more secular leaning population in the Middle East, Hamas and religious extremism was popularized there as an adaptation to survive the brutal oppression by Israel.

That is the crux of the situation. Oppression leads to radicalization, which is then answered with more oppression, which leads to more radicalization.

It's a vicious circle, and it doesn't look like it is going to be broken anytime soon.

11 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

True , I ve bias against Islam, I see it as the most false religion, very negative, castrator of the creative human spirit . Really I'd like to have a better opinion.

Put yourself in their shoes and read books from their perspective