royce

The IDF War Crimes Are a Perfect Reflection of Israeli Society

178 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Yes chris hedges. The one from that lecture. He knows us better than we are 😂

In 12 years of my school education I have not heard even one single word against the Palestinian civilians.

We have learned about Israel's war and about the hope for peace.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

The smear campaign marches onward I see. Go study the victims of 7/10 and what kind of people these were. It's absolutely laughable how you guys dare to have the balls to claim you know Israelis while engaged in your crusade of bias, deceit and demonization. 

@royce Another Israel/Palestine thread? This is approaching low quality posting and duplicate threads. Please engage in the already existing threads about this issue.

5 hours ago, royce said:

5 hours ago, royce said:

Israel’s religious right has a clear plan for Gaza: ‘We are occupying, deporting and settling’

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2024-03-13/israel-religious-nationalists-gaza

@Nivsch  and  @Vrubel behave yourselves. @Leo Gura, @Thought Art, @Carl-Richard, @Infinite, @NoSelfSelf are watching you guys for low quality posts and instigating heated exchanges. Keep your violent event denial, right wing and conspiracy thinking tendencies to yourselves please.

5 hours ago, Nivsch said:

Yes chris hedges. The one from that lecture. He knows us better than we are 😂

In 12 years of my school education I have not heard even one single word against the Palestinian civilians.

We have learned about Israel's war and about the hope for peace.

4 hours ago, Vrubel said:

The smear campaign marches onward I see. Go study the victims of 7/10 and what kind of people these were. It's absolutely laughable how you guys dare to have the balls to claim you know Israelis while engaged in your crusade of bias, deceit and demonization. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@royce Another Israel/Palestine thread? This is approaching low quality posting and duplicate threads. Please engage in the already existing threads about this issue.

@Nivsch  and  @Vrubel behave yourselves. @Leo Gura, @Thought Art, @Carl-Richard, @Infinite, @NoSelfSelf are watching you guys for low quality posts and instigating heated exchanges. Keep your violent event denial, right wing and conspiracy thinking tendencies to yourselves please.

Okey ,i will engage)

Edited by royce

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Vrubel said:

+1 ❤

See when you have enough confidence in your side's implicit missed out qualities and beauty, because you know your side for decades, you don't need to dehumanize or call down others to feel better with yourself.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

Posted (edited)

@Nivsch @Vrubel

Nobody is saying ALL Israelis are bad nor IDF soldiers are bad, but a part  of IDF including high command people are animals that should be hanged for war crimes.

Just like not every German that served during WW2 was bad but a proportion of them were war criminals that did bad things.

This is the case with Russian Army too in Ukraine.

However a highly conscious society would not be ok with the way the war is being conducted in Gaza and this shows Israeli society is still quite blue.

An advanced society would say "If we do to Palestinians the same evils Hamas did to us, we are not better then Hamas. We will not go down that path".

Edited by Karmadhi

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

a part  of IDF including high command people are animals

They aren't animals, they are just fundamentalists and nationalists.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura By animal I mean what most people would call them. You can make the same claim that Hitler was also a nationalist and fundamentist.

I will correct my wording to "War criminal".

Edited by Karmadhi

Posted (edited)

@Karmadhi You are highly doesn't know IDF soldiers and their level of humaneness nor developement.

I live in a liberal town fulled with IDF air force families and they are humane and liberal as you will be surprised.

Edited by Nivsch

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

You are highly doesn't know IDF soldiers and their level of humaneness nor developement.

I live in a liberal town fulled with IDF air force families and they are humane and loberal as you will be surprised.

Please read what I wrote in more detail.

I will write it again in brackets

"Nobody is saying ALL Israelis are bad nor IDF soldiers are bad, but a part  of IDF including high command people".

What you said can co exist with what I said.

Also as you said, you live in a liberal town.

If you lived in a overly conservative town perhaps the IDF there would be different.

You dont need 100% of soldiers to be war criminals, even 20% is enough to wreck havoc.

However the issue here is high command more than individual soldiers, if the high command is loose about war crimes then it will give room for atrocities to occur.

Ben Gvir literally gave an apploud to a soldier that shot a 12 year old boy in the West Bank.

A normal country would have that person either trialed or at least discharged. 

If such behaviour is encouraged people will do it.

Israel security minister praises officer for shooting dead 12-year-old | BBC News (youtube.com)

And before you say "not all Israelis are like that nor support that"; well not all Germans supported Goebbels yet he was democratically elected. Such is this guy. Neither do all Palestinians support Hamas.

Edited by Karmadhi

Posted (edited)

@Karmadhi Ben Gvir represents up to 5% from the Israelis. Don't believe me just look at his party's relative size.

IDF is in average FAR more moderate than the current most extreme ever government what is well known long before this war. This government is horrible I have no interest to deffend it.

About the war, however, this is more fair to look at the picture with a real context of all the countless operations Israel already had in Gaza before this war, the character of your guerilla sophisticated enemy and the trauma you went through when someone breaks what you thought as your ever protecting home.

Edited by Nivsch

Posted (edited)

@Raze When your perception of the other side is highly skewed to begin with, you will automatically translate every action he does in the field as an action of evil, because of the network of dozens of assumptions and interpreptations you do subconsciously.

Edited by Nivsch

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

@Raze When your perception of the other side is highly skewed to begin with, you will translate every action he does in the field as an action of evil, because of the network of dozens of assumptions and interpreptations you do subconsciously.

subconsciously  lol , i like how you choosing you words to defend your side , read this if you have a time , but consciously read it plz ;) 

moral-matters-in-hard-times.pdf

Edited by royce

@royce  Are you proud of what you started here? Another heated debate thread.😂

1 minute ago, Danioover9000 said:

Are you proud of what you started here? Another heated debate thread.😂

I was totally not expecting any backlash after the original thread was locked 9_9

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

12 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@royce  Are you proud of what you started here? Another heated debate thread.😂

No I'm not proud) , I can delete the topic  now

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Nivsch said:

Ben Gvir represents up to 5% from the Israelis. Don't believe me just look at his party's relative size.

IDF is in average FAR more moderate than the current most extreme ever government what is well known long before this war. This government is horrible I have no interest to deffend it.

And who put them in power? Israel is a democracy is it not?

You keep ignoring the fact that these people were DEMOCRATICALLY elected.

Hence they represent the will of Israelis, otherwise they would not get votes.

Since Israel is a democracy, everything that the government does is directly a responsibility of the people at large that elected them.

It is not like Iran where the people are held hostage and the government is not really accountable to its people.

And I am not just talking about Ben gvir and smotrich.

Also Bibi has been in power for like 15 years or something no?

How come?

That whole Likud party of his is a bunch of fascists.

Who elected them?

Why didnt Israelis largely elect the liberals you keep talking about?

Even Bennet does not seem much better, I saw some old interviews of his before this war, justiying annexing West Bank over religious nonsense.

The only sensible Israeli prime minister seems to be the one that got assassinated by extremists over the two state issue.

Also that justice minister lady that abolished Palestinian childreen being put in cages.

Why so little of these and so much of radical fascists?

Edited by Karmadhi