Santiago Ram

What is the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

17 posts in this topic

So I recently converted to Christianity in a drug rehab and had a few God realizations without consuming anything.

Then I read this quote from the book of Matthew:

Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. Therefore I tell you, people will be forgiven for every sin and blasphemy, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

I said some terrible things and now I feel paralyzed by guilt.

What is this sin and why would someone as wise as Christ mention it?

Posted (edited)

It's not like Spirit is holding a grudge against you for something you said. It's that one who continuously speaks badly of Spirit refuses to see it. That's the problem. Jesus is speaking of those who deny the existence of Spirit. So long as they do that, they will live without it and suffer, by their own denial and blindness. It's pride.

So long as you have opened your heart to the possibility of experiencing Spirit, then you have nothing to worry about. As for forgiveness, you need to balance guilt with forgiveness yourself. 

https://www.biola.edu/blogs/good-book-blog/2021/what-is-the-unforgiveable-sin-what-is-blasphemy-against-the-spirit

Edited by tuku747

Posted (edited)

If this is true when God forgives you he kills you with Love so nothing to worry about as you aren't the same person afterwards.

An atheist has to die to become a believer.

If you are not a believer God will appear to you as purgatory. If you know you are evil God will appear as evil. If you know love god God will appear loving.

You arent a 'Whoever', You are the holy spirit.

The way I read this is if you shit talk yourself you wont stop shit talking yourself and no one can save you from it.

Which is what your guilt is doing.

Edited by Hojo

Posted (edited)

Sounds like bullshit

Like, it’s the HOLY spirit, not the partial or biased spirit, the sensitive soy boy spirit

boohoo don’t hurt my feels spirit

… 

God forgives everything.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

58 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

God forgives everything.

Nothing to forgive. It IS everything.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Posted (edited)

As for those who are bent on denying the truth, it makes no difference to them whether you warn them or not, they will not believe. Allah has sealed their hearts and their ears, and over their eyes there is a covering. They will have a terrible punishment.

- The Quran; 2. The Heifer (Al-Baqarah)

So what? You will not be forgiven. You are screwed.

And of course you won't be forgiven. You are full of sin, full of bullshit, NOT PURE.

Isn't that true?

Now, accepting that is accepting the Will of God. Accepting that is not denying the Holy Spirit or Allah. Accepting that is Love of Reality.

Why? Because that is reality, isn't it? You are not perfect. If you were to be judged whether you are a perfect saint or whether you have still some "sin" hidden there somewhere, .... Maaan, sin would be very likely found.

That is Reality. Coming to terms with that, accepting that is... paradoxically not denying [whatever name you have for that which is Holy/Sacred/Real].

Not denying Reality is being ok with yourself if you are a sinner (damned lol), or a saint. Because it's true.

Don't worry, then. Open up. See what's here, without fear. Love.

:) 🙏 ❤️

Edited by Vajra

Posted (edited)

That almost sounds like a riddle to me.. basically if you deny the existence of HS (which is a pointer to God and Kingdom) or attack the idea of it in your mind then there's not even a chance for you to be forgiven and enter the Kingdom.. so it's really a self-denial. Though I can't be sure exactly if that was the intention.. just a hunch lol.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

20 hours ago, tuku747 said:

It's not like Spirit is holding a grudge against you for something you said. It's that one who continuously speaks badly of Spirit refuses to see it. That's the problem. Jesus is speaking of those who deny the existence of Spirit. So long as they do that, they will live without it and suffer, by their own denial and blindness. It's pride.

So long as you have opened your heart to the possibility of experiencing Spirit, then you have nothing to worry about. As for forgiveness, you need to balance guilt with forgiveness yourself. 

https://www.biola.edu/blogs/good-book-blog/2021/what-is-the-unforgiveable-sin-what-is-blasphemy-against-the-spirit

This, basically if you keep denying spirit or fighting against it as ego you're denying your own salvation. I actually had an awakening last night about it in my dream.

I saw myself in a dream house/school with a bully that used to bully me, in the dream he apologised and i accepted and we hugged. It was god himself/myself asking myself for understanding and forgiveness since there is only you. And at the end of the dream i saw this God state, i was in this god state before on LSD,

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

Posted (edited)

The Holy Spirit in a Christian context is essentially the entity and/or process which gives a person what they deem to be a spiritual experience which verifies the teachings of Christianity. From what I’ve gathered, to blasphemy the Holy Spirit is to experience that Jesus is Lord and God is who and what Christians claim He is and then deny the accuracy of the Christian path. If this is in fact the case, I’m fucked because I’ve done precisely that in a sense. I’ve had plenty of radical spiritual experiences in the context of Christianity which convinced me of its truth, but now I’ve changed gears and favor a much different outlook. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

I would say it means the same thing as "don't attack the heart". Don't attack what some might call the inner child of someone. I remember Osho mentioning something to that effect in one of his books, and I never forgot it. I always knew it was the most important thing to not do, and was surprised to see how common it is.

5 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

The Holy Spirit in a Christian context is essentially the entity and/or process which gives a person what they deem to be a spiritual experience which verifies the teachings of Christianity. From what I’ve gathered, to blasphemy the Holy Spirit is to experience that Jesus is Lord and God is who and what Christians claim He is and then deny the accuracy of the Christian path. If this is in fact the case, I’m fucked because I’ve done precisely that in a sense. I’ve had plenty of radical spiritual experiences in the context of Christianity which convinced me of its truth, but now I’ve changed gears and favor a much different outlook. 

You don't understand, Christianity has nothing to do with God. It's just a path, and all religions are paths. It's all the same, read my message above. You don't blasphamy the spirit or God because when you start awakening and are shown the truths don't fight it because you will fight yourself. It's all about your own purity, and purifying yourself

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

Posted (edited)

If there was something that love could not embrace and forgive, then love would have a limit. And what has a limit is not of God. So in reality there's nothing that love could not accept or forgive, because that would simply be a limitation on God. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

16 hours ago, Jowblob said:

You don't understand, Christianity has nothing to do with God. It's just a path, and all religions are paths. It's all the same, read my message above. You don't blasphamy the spirit or God because when you start awakening and are shown the truths don't fight it because you will fight yourself. It's all about your own purity, and purifying yourself

The creator of the thread has questions about Christianity, so I answer those questions. I think you’re the one who doesn’t understand. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

Oh ya I forgot to say though that it can be forgiven, everything can be forgiven. 

if you knowingly do bad things, you know it's bad, and you don't want to change, that's a sin against the holy spirit