TheGod

How to become a full-time traveller ?

25 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

I realized that the biggest joy I experience in life is when I travel. Seeing new places and experiencing new cultures something that makes me happy. 

I don't care about making a lot of money, I don't want to have a high social status. I just want to travel for at least 10 years. 

The problem is I'm stuck in a wage slavery. I work in a hotel and I'm not earning much money. 

How can I make my dream come true ? 

Travel for 10 years and not worry about money? That sounds like the need for a lot of money, especially when inflation is a huge thing everywhere now.

How about being stuck in wage slavery while travelling? You could go it Luke Korns style (https://www.youtube.com/@LukeKorns).

21 hours ago, ted73104 said:

Travel for 10 years and not worry about money? That sounds like the need for a lot of money, especially when inflation is a huge thing everywhere now.

How about being stuck in wage slavery while travelling? You could go it Luke Korns style (https://www.youtube.com/@LukeKorns).

I've been thinking about travelling and making videos, seems to be a good idea but i need at least 40k to start I guess

Posted (edited)

It is possible but as said above, hard to do without proper income.

A lot of companies offer remote working, although most won't allow you to work from a different country each month (for tax purposes mostly because you are being paid in accordance with the law of country where your employer is based) . 

So there are a few ways to do this: 

1. Think about how you could increase your income - maybe get additional training/education so that you could go for a higher-tier income job. This way, after a year or two, you could earn enough to take a sabbatical. I personally know a few people who have done it. The risk is going to far into your savings if you don't have an income and losing touch with the market a bit. 
  2. Get employed by a company with a generous holiday policy so that you can make the most of short retreats (probably not what you wanted) 
  3. Get employed in the travel industry such as a travel guide (requires additional licensing but is a possible and rewarding career for anyone who enjoys travel) 
  4. Acquire a skill that will allow you to become self-employed and work from anywhere in the world
    (digital nomadism) - this might be the most viable way to do this, but it may require you to spend your mornings, evenings and weekends acquiring a new skills that the market cares about and that people will pay you for, It is even better if you could sell this skill to businesses. Easier said than done, I know. I'm in the middle of something similar myself. Leo's Life Purpose Course is a good start of such journey 

Finally, it is important to understand why travel is so important and whether it simply isn't an escapism from a life that, perhaps, isn't feeling as fulfilling as you would like. A lot of people use travel to escape their problems only to find them waiting for them, once they come back. 

I have known people who did an escapism trip and ended up broke and out of touch with their inner purpose because they never took time pursue this strategically (e.g. acquiring valuable skill). 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Posted (edited)

im glad to introduce you to the concept of " vanlife " or " carlife " if you weren't awere of it already.

i've done it for 6 months and it can definitely work for certain people at certain points in their lives. if you do it properly, you minimize the cost of living while maximizing adventure and travel. It's not absolutely free, but it certainly is affordable. You decide how little you're willing to settle for .

You can work at any job for half a year and travel for another half a year, and eventually save up money, or apply for goverment paychecks . In Spain we get 4 months off per 1 year worked ,  up to 2 years free time at once ( if you have legally worked for 6 years ) 

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

2 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Finally, it is important to understand why travel is so important and whether it simply isn't an escapism from a life that, perhaps, isn't feeling as fulfilling as you would like. A lot of people use travel to escape their problems only to find them waiting for them, once they come back. 

I have known people who did an escapism trip and ended up broke and out of touch with their inner purpose because they never took time pursue this strategically (e.g. acquiring valuable skill). 

It’s fascinating how these principles can also apply to people who use psychedelics to trip. Used improperly and without proper planning they can really mess up your life. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 27/03/2024 at 10:09 AM, mmKay said:

In Spain we get 4 months off per 1 year worked ,  up to 2 years free time at once ( if you have legally worked for 6 years ) 

Bro it's just crazy.

People here in Canada don't get that many days in a year. It's just insane. The weather sucks as well, but I can buy psychedelics easily haha

I should probably move to Spain.

On 27/03/2024 at 8:25 AM, Michael569 said:

I verified my life purpose on psychedelics (on 5MeO and mushrooms) so it's not a form of escapism. Actually, because i'm the creator, I want to explore myself. 

On 27/03/2024 at 10:35 AM, Yimpa said:

mess up your life. 

Definitely. 

A year ago I would smoke 5MeO on the way to work. Crazy.  

Digital nomad is probably the most accessible way.

Get a tech job at a chill startup that’s kinda small, as they don’t have to worry about the tax implications of you being abroad a lot. Or go freelance and get some clients, then you have total flexibility.

I’m travelling for 10 months just now, and so far I’ve met a few people trying the travel vlog thing to make money while travelling and its always really cringy. None of them are unique in any way and none of them are making any money. 

If you’re going to do it, you need to do something different. Focus on some kind of niche type of travel, like minimalism or no-plane travel for example.

Posted (edited)

Travel vlogging is the obvious way.

There are also some jobs and careers that involve lots of travel.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, TheGod said:

"Bro it's just crazy."

-----

I realized that the biggest joy I experience in life is when I travel. Seeing new places and experiencing new cultures something that makes me happy. 

I don't care about making a lot of money, I don't want to have a high social status. I just want to travel for at least 10 years

---------

People here in Canada don't get that many days in a year. It's just insane. The weather sucks as well, but I can buy psychedelics easily haha

That's fine, but I pointed out a real and direct way to be living the values you laid out here. And you answer implies that you value tripping and comfort more than travel

I'm not trying to push any lifestyle on you, but this is what I see. People have done vanlife in Canada and more extreme places. But the point is that you can leave the extreme weathers because your house has wheels

Edited by mmKay

On 27.03.2024 at 5:09 PM, mmKay said:

You can work at any job for half a year and travel for another half a year, and eventually save up money, or apply for goverment paychecks . In Spain we get 4 months off per 1 year worked ,  up to 2 years free time at once ( if you have legally worked for 6 years )

Do you know how it had happened that Spain introduced such policy? Is that because of tourist-based economy in big swaths of the country or what?

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Girzo said:

Do you know how it had happened that Spain introduced such policy? Is that because of tourist-based economy in big swaths of the country or what?

It's not just Spain. Any developed country with a center-left+  government provides social security wellfare disemployment benefit payments to some degree or another , specifically the Scandinavian countries . Most of the big name countries in Europe have that 

Edited by mmKay

Posted (edited)

Flight attendants get paid well for a minimum amount of studying and do plenty of traveling . Idk what's your level of ambition though 

Edited by mmKay

You could make your own camper van or RV and travel around the country making videos of your nomad lifestyle. People on YouTube do such things.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

What country you are from ?
you need to learn about money saving tactics + money making online
while you can travel a lot as a pilot or other occupation the best way and more realistic one is to build passive income stream you can't effectively travel, when you are working full time at your business but one you have some passive income you can start visiting Egypt bail Thailand that are not too expensive, and you need cut a lots of expensive and learn to be efferent to afford to travel full time unless you start making 200k-1m a year you can afford much more luxuries in travel, learning about finance can make the difference between a 150$ and 2k$ for visiting a place it did happen to someone here the trip that cost me fraction of the price costed him insane money, and learning to work online or be a successful travel YouTuber can give you so much flexibility and freedom tho everything in life has a price and being successful like that has a really high price
you definitely need a lots of money if you wanna travel a lot but there is a difference between being able to cut cost and visit many places and being able to afford it and going broke because you spend way too much on a trip to india

A van house would be amazing but am specking from my experience

btw just to add traveling it not all rainbow and butterfly its really hard to travel sometime other time its really cool so dont set a positive expectation only and it can grow you a lot

i should make a video tutorial how to shift your life from normal life into traveling style since a have a lots of experience traveling in egypt being born in a poor family in Syria  being able to build my my financial freedome little by little i just come from a trip btw xD

i do agree with leo travel youtube is the best way but it could take you several year before you make decent income from it it depend on your strategy, start saving money from now

Edited by Ash55

11 hours ago, TheGod said:

Definitely. 

A year ago I would smoke 5MeO on the way to work. Crazy.  

lmao

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Posted (edited)

That's an example of high quality production. There are thousands more on YT

You can do way simpler stuff. The question is how much do you value travels compared with comfort and luxury

Also your build can be absolutely basic like a car without any seat besides the drivers one  with blankets and cans , a decent 10k build that's basically a small apartment on wheels... For 25k you literally have a super reliable vehicle and a fully functional house on wheels. Anything above is overkill imo. RVS are extremely, extremely overpriced 

And I have tripped in my van before, you just have to take extra precautions but if you're wise you will figure out a way

Edited by mmKay

Posted (edited)

My absolute favorite build for urban stealth camping

Smaller things are more practical for travelling. Better gas mileage

Edited by mmKay