Javfly33

Xiaomi phones have become awful

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I remember 4-5 years ago I had a xiaomi cost me about 150-200$ but for that price the performance and battery duration was pretty flawless compared to other mid-high phones . I bought another one after that that wasn´t that bad either at all.

But my god, the last one I´ve bought. Is absolutely ridiculous how fucking bad it is.

About 6 months after buying it I get an update of the last OS and things just work awful.

1. Lag is usual when opening lots of apps or doing visual transitions like opening the keyboard, opening the camera...etc.
  2. Most of the times when I start the phone (I usually shut it down at night), the system just stalls LOL. It says 'system is not responding'. So you can either touch 'accept' and the screen will go dark or either ignore it and it will just freeze.
  3. Brutal lag in the camera app
  4. The alarms. The FUCKING ALARMS. Like how difficult is to at least make the damn alarm app at least be the one that works fine. Well that is not the case neither. I actually missed a fucking appointment in work due to the alarm one day just not working. THANK YOU XIAOMI FOR YOUR GREAT PHONE.
  5. Calls. Sometimes I get a call, it starts ringing but the app UI does not come up in order for me to be able to receive the call. So it just keeps ringing and ringing but there is no way for be to accept the call. Hahaha great xiaomi, great. Keep working like this. Your software devs are doing a great job.
  6. Alarm second round: Today at 6:10 on a SATURDAY suddenly the alarm starts ringing, but oh surprise! Now as like happened with the calls, the ability to stop the alarm is not there HAHAHA. What a fucking joke. There is no way to stop the alarm. I enter the alarm app to see if I can deactivate from there, but turns out there´s not a single one scheduled. The fucking phone just decided to start the alarm at 6:10 on a Saturday morning and there´s not even a way to stop it. GREAT XIAOMI! GREAT WORK IM SO HAPPY WITH YOUR PHONE lmao. So basically I have to shut off the phone to make it stop. 

DO NOT BUY LOW END TIER XIAOMIS THEY ARE COMPLETE UTTER GARBAGE

Edited by Javfly33

Why would you buy a Chinese Communist phone?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

DO NOT BUY LOW END TIER XIAOMIS THEY ARE COMPLETE UTTER GARBAGE

Fortunately for me, I own a mid-tier Xiaomi phone. (Not a joke btw)

Which one specifically are you talking about? I've been using mostly xiaimi. Getting adds in system apps is ridiculous. 

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

I own a mid end Xiaomi and it works well since 3 years. Now that I have more money, I'll probably buy something better like a oneplus or smth. I want to add that Apple sucks even if nobody asked me.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Why would you buy a Chinese Communist phone?

To get to the other side! 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, mmKay said:

Which one specifically are you talking about? I've been using mostly xiaimi. Getting adds in system apps is ridiculous. 

Apple also has ads in their own system app. For example, in the Settings app, setting up a brand new iPhone alerts you to sign into iCloud, enable Apple Pay, and upgrade your iCloud storage plan if you ran out of the free storage!

Y’all take government for granted

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Posted (edited)

Android Phone companies are playing a dangerous game by squeezing out their low end phone market customers. If you pander them to buy a premium Android phone, they might as well switch to, hate to say it, an iPhone. 

I have been getting ads in system apps too. Reported it to the customer care and they said to bring the phone physically to their office for "physical inspection". Wtf. All their phones have ads in their system apps.

A part of the problem is thag people simply accept whatever is shoved down their throats. A large enough group of people protesting is more than enough to get these companies to change their minds. But slaves be slaves. 

I will never buy any apple product though. Screw capitalism and all those who enable it. 

15 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Apple also has ads in their own system app

Unreal. Why do people even put up with this?

They are slowly moving to "You will own nothing and you will be happy" kind of great reset. 

Edited by Bobby_2021

Root your Android phones and remove the ads, or buy another phone, like a OnePlus.

There are no ads on Samsung phones.

Posted (edited)

Many low end phones have bad, old chips that are slow and not power efficient. 8gen3 is now on par with apple A17 in terms of power efficiency but it's only installed in high end phones. 7gen3 and dimensity 8300 are almost as good and there are some ~285$ phones with it

https://www.socpk.com

Edited by CosmicExplorer

Posted (edited)

Does anyone have a Google Pixel phone? How was your experience with it?

I love Google Apps minimalist looks. I don't like other companies putting their system apps on an Android, because either Google has an app that does the same thing or the app is just not well developed and/or useless. Google's apps are way better, imo.

Edited by Understander

43 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There are no ads on Samsung phones.

Because they are 3 times more expensive.

Xiaomi keeps their prices low by giving you ads. They can be removed by using a software.

@Javfly33

Your experience is based on one specific model? Is it maybe a software issue?

You can remove ads on any Xiaomi phone by using a software in 30 sec.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

Fortunately for me, I own a mid-tier Xiaomi phone. (Not a joke btw)

Why not Just get a Samsung or an iPhone and work a job to pay for it?

Edited by MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI

• Feminist 

Posted (edited)

Wouldn't you be better off buying a used previous-gen Samsung phone?

A Samsung phone from a few years back will still be great.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Wouldn't you be better off buying a used previous-gen Samsung phone?

If you are experienced enough to change the battery so you have a full capacity, yes. Changing a battery in phones these days is a pain in the ass.

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

A Samsung phone from a few years back will still be great.

Only if you are okay with using an older version of Android and no more Security updates. Also, they all became sluggish with time, even a clean system reinstall, doesn´t help much.

Edited by shree

Posted (edited)

Security updates are a bunch of BS. Never updated any of my phones in 15 years.

And Samsung phones never slow down.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura

How are security updates BS?

It's not only security updates. The apps' size and memory usage increases over time. If you only use a few apps, maybe you'll be fine.

I just buy renewed samsung phones from Amazon. 
The one I bought for like 140$ is Samsung s10e, and omg it is amazing. It has a very fast chip and works flawlessly. It has been with me for 3 years now without any problem.

14 hours ago, MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI said:

Why not Just get a Samsung or an iPhone and work a job to pay for it?

It cost me around 350$. It's sort of a more mid-high tier, I guess.

It's the POCO F5 if you want to check it out.
Pretty good specs, Stereo speakers, but the kicker for me is it still had a 3.5mm headphone jack.