Raze

Israel / Palestine news thread

354 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@Danioover9000 Vrubel seems to have a lowkey racist undetone where he sees Jews as more worthy of a group of people to have land and have their way. This line of thinking is why Zionists have such a bad reputation throughout most of the world. The belief itself is inherently racist.

Edited by Karmadhi

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

Then why are Palestinians born there exiled for life? 

Not only are you a thief but again a coward. Bro you have someone else fight your battles for you. Next time someone offends your girlfriend don't worry I will be there to protect you both. I am your daddy. You would not feel so comfortable on stolen land without the USA

If you represent them in that style then I don't need to explain how I feel about the other side's disadvantages in their actions and ever victimized irresponsible attitude because you already do this so well.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

2 hours ago, Lews Therin said:

Tell me you can't undertand nuance without telling me you can't undertand nuance.

Oops, my bad, you essentially spelled it out that you can't undertand it.

For the people by the people 

This channel overstates things, but they provide helpful summaries on the ground regardless.

So take this as Russia threatening Israel not to respond further, no more or less.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

@Danioover9000 Vrubel seems to have a lowkey racist undetone where he sees Jews as more worthy of a group of people to have land and have their way. This line of thinking is why Zionists have such a bad reputation throughout most of the world. The belief itself is inherently racist.

That's your projection and vilinization of me (and Zionism). My post was sincere and not judgemental, I find those "medieval" houses beautiful. I always admire historical and cultural beauty regardless of culture. I routinely step inside churches and sometimes mosques to admire their beauty and history. 

In other posts, I criticize Arab culture, which I also have the right to do. Maybe you don't like that but all you do is rip into and demonize Israelis. 
And yeah I don't hold all cultures as equal. some have more problematic stuff in them than others. Riff-raff behavior, treatment of women and lack of "chill" are just some examples of what turns me off from Arab culture. Personally, I have most affiliation with Russian, Ukrainian and Belarussian culture, Western cultures and Latino culture. Indulging in those cultures and aspects of my life brings me great satisfaction. Of course, being Jewish by nationality brings me also great satisfaction and pride. 

Edited by Vrubel

6 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

Nothing has changed on this forum after so much discussion. It's still the same problem 

WESTERNERS HAVE SO MUCH COMFORT AND THEY ARE ISOLATED FROM WAR SO THEY ARE EASILY TEMPTED TO START WARS 

Once the war comes to you. Like in 9/11 or Oct 7th it destroys your egos so much that you talk about it for 20 years and beg for sympathy. If your AC stops running for an hour you cry haha. Palestinians have been stuck in the past for 100 years still living in stone huts they are more resilient and accepting of life than ya'll can imagine even with all your acid and mediation.

Ya'll can't handle smoke 

You seem depressed but the comment about Americans and their air conditioning is so true. They are such pampered babies. 😂 

its fair to blame America as they have enabled Israel to a crazy level but if American people are saying what’s happening is not right and calling it out, those people are exempt from blame. Just like i dont blame the Iranian people for their awful government, nor Gazans for Hamas. Not everyone is voting for these people calling the shots.

It’s pretty obvious the link between Israel, the USA and the UK. Everything always cancels back to just one.

44 minutes ago, Merkabah Star said:

@BlueOak Yes Russia and Iran, wouldn’t surprise me if Russia stepped in. 

Russia would not start a fight with nuclear armed Israel and risk more US a intervention when they’ve already got their hands full with Ukraine.

I was thinking Russia could try and encourage Iran to fight Israel to distract the US and redirect its funding so they can finish the job in Ukraine, but they’d risk losing a potential major ally in the region if Iran falls.

54 minutes ago, Merkabah Star said:

You seem depressed but the comment about Americans and their air conditioning is so true. They are such pampered babies. 😂 

its fair to blame America as they have enabled Israel to a crazy level but if American people are saying what’s happening is not right and calling it out, those people are exempt from blame. Just like i dont blame the Iranian people for their awful government, nor Gazans for Hamas. Not everyone is voting for these people calling the shots.

It’s pretty obvious the link between Israel, the USA and the UK. Everything always cancels back to just one.

Not depressed just annoyed

You don't have to convince me. Convince the next ISIS or Bin Laden. All I am saying is whenever American citizens were punished for who they vote for and give tax to it always results in them complaining about the attacks such as 9/11. And the next time there is an attack Americans will cry all the way to the bank. They are so feeble that they simply can't handle it. Even though it's what they do to everyone else. Similar mentality as the Israelis they are super aggressive but play the victim

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

Not depressed just annoyed

You don't have to convince me. Convince the next ISIS or Bin Laden. All I am saying is whenever American citizens were punished for who they vote for and give tax to it always results in them complaining about the attacks such as 9/11. And the next time there is an attack Americans will cry all the way to the bank. They are so feeble that they simply can't handle it. Even though it's what they do to everyone else. Similar mentality as the Israelis they are super aggressive but play the victim

It’s their culture, they are conditioned and highly wound up to be pro war, and yes, just like the Israelis. 

Edit to adds. You could say that’s why false flags work so well on them.. 😀 

Edited by Merkabah Star

15 minutes ago, Raze said:

Russia would not start a fight with nuclear armed Israel and risk more US a intervention when they’ve already got their hands full with Ukraine.

I was thinking Russia could try and encourage Iran to fight Israel to distract the US and redirect its funding so they can finish the job in Ukraine, but they’d risk losing a potential major ally in the region if Iran falls.

If a full scale war, with the US stepping in to help Israel, I wouldn’t be surprised if Russia stepped in to shut it down. Threats alone would shut it down, as the US only attacks weaker countries. That’s just my hunch and feeling.. 😀😀 might not happen. 

24 minutes ago, Raze said:

Sorry to quote the same post again, but the bold part says it all. It’s logical to think they will help in some capacity if need be. 

@Karmadhi

16 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

I agree, and similar energy from @Heaven and @Nivsch. It's like talking to holocaust deniers that give back weak arguments and are in deep denial of what Israel has did and what IDF are doing today, slowly taking lands from Palestine. 

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

I agree, and similar energy from @Heaven and @Nivsch. It's like talking to holocaust deniers that give back weak arguments and are in deep denial of what Israel has did and what IDF are doing today, slowly taking lands from Palestine. 

To see a genocide happening in real life and people even that follow Leo's work to be ok with it shows you how bad Israel society is.

I cannot imagine what ur average right wing person must think.

I have seen some Israelis call out the war and genocide so it is not like there is nobody that has that view but it is such a minority it is scary.

Edited by Karmadhi

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, Vrubel said:

That's your projection and vilinization of me (and Zionism). My post was sincere and not judgemental, I find those "medieval" houses beautiful. I always admire historical and cultural beauty regardless of culture. I routinely step inside churches and sometimes mosques to admire their beauty and history. 

In other posts, I criticize Arab culture, which I also have the right to do. Maybe you don't like that but all you do is rip into and demonize Israelis. 
And yeah I don't hold all cultures as equal. some have more problematic stuff in them than others. Riff-raff behavior, treatment of women and lack of "chill" are just some examples of what turns me off from Arab culture. Personally, I have most affiliation with Russian, Ukrainian and Belarussian culture, Western cultures and Latino culture. Indulging in those cultures and aspects of my life brings me great satisfaction. Of course, being Jewish by nationality brings me also great satisfaction and pride. 

Fair points but you seem to be more chill with Arabs dying than other groups like Ukranians dying.

And that is a dangerous mindset.

Liking a culture more is fine but caring more when  kids from a specific culture suffers shows insane bias.

That is what I meant.

I will tolerate you caring more when Jews die since they are your people and therefore you will prioritize them. Everyone will prioritize their people. I cannot hold you to such an insane standard not to.

But when you start caring more about X group than Y group when neither are your people, that is when things get disturbing.

And I have met plenty of Arabs and they are some of the kindest warmest and most chill people ever. Just like Iranians are. Their cultures are super super similar. But that is my personal pov, you can disagree ofc.

Edited by Karmadhi

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

Fair points but you seem to be more chill with Arabs dying than other groups like Ukranians dying.

Liking a culture more is fine but caring more when  kids from a specific culture suffers shows insane bias.

That is what I meant.

I will tolerate you caring more when Jews die since they are your people and therefore you will prioritize them. Everyone will prioritize their people. I cannot hold you to such an insane standard not to.

But when you start caring more about X group than Y group when neither are your people, that is when things get disturbing.

And I have met plenty of Arabs and they are some of the kindest warmest and most chill people ever. Just like Iranians are. Their cultures are super super similar. But that is my personal pov, you can disagree ofc.

I appreciate the tone though also forgive me for being a little skeptical as well. When I properly explain myself and maybe short-circuit your narrative I’ll still get lashed out at because your worldview (or the hivemind you part take in) seems to have a particular “evangelical” and pushy nature to it. You can be nice now but how are you when your narrative is most tested. Will the mask come off? 

6 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

There Is a monster in this equation called Hamas. Because Hamas is morally Incapable of holding responsibility or even caring about the lives of their own people does not mean this absolute irresponsibility should be projected upon Israel. I understand seeing children getting caught up in this war is hard and painful but this does not dissolve one from critical thinking and empathizing with Israel's POV. And yes, you must empathize with Israel and I am not saying this as some petty or needy plea for love for my side (I don't care about that.) but because understanding and empathy seem to be part of your core values. Deeply understanding Israel's side will make you more mature, less whiny and less prone to lashouts. It's untenable to divide the world into simplistic victim/perpetrator and strong(bad) vs weak(good) paradigms. 

Because again don't let your bias overlook the monster lurking in plain sight. The same way you don't want me to overlook the occupation and empathize with the Palestinian side.

While Hamas being a monster, it's also nothing unique. Islamic extremism is also a wider Issue in Muslim societies in the region. Most victims are fellow Muslims or different minorities in the region. Can you see how Israel has no choice but to defend itself against these fanatics with great potential for barbarity. 

Yes, Israel definitely holds some responsibility including for the upholding of certain standards. 

But also war is war. Israel needs to do what it has to, to secure itself and achieve its goals. Israel must be smart and steadfast but war is nonetheless an inevitably ugly thing.

The bottom line is that Hamas cannot hold power. This is for the sake of everyone involved. Personally, I do believe it’s possible for Hamas to be removed from power. But if that will be impossible due to for example persistent organizing by Hamas and effectively intimidating the moderate alternatives. Then by the end of this war, Israel will still have control over the Gaza-Egypt border to avoid weapon smuggling, a larger buffer zone and some checkpoints/operating bases from where they can operate and break up terrorist organizing. 

A Gaza without Hamas can also be genuinely included in a future Palestinian state if both sides get mature enough and make peace. 

Edited by Vrubel

@Karmadhi

1 hour ago, Karmadhi said:

To see a genocide happening in real life and people even that follow Leo's work to be ok with it shows you how bad Israel society is.

I cannot imagine what ur average right wing person must think.

I have seen some Israelis call out the war and genocide so it is not like there is nobody that has that view but it is such a minority it is scary.

Technically it's a minority because of a combination of mainstream air time not covering the pro Palestinian side cuz most west control those air times, and most people even in today's age is still generally ignorant and too busy with their own life in other countries, got too much life baggage to spare enough empathy or care about some Gazans in some faraway country they don't care about, they just don't care about the Israel/Palestinian conflict and frankly too exhausted from the 9-5 or more job they do to make ends meet if they're being honest with themselves.