Yali

Sadhguru undergoes emergency brain surgery after ‘life-threatening bleeding’

333 posts in this topic

There's somebody right now in a hospital bleeding to death, nobody cares. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

26 minutes ago, Phrenic said:

and I did it because Shambhavi was very helpful in my life

That's the only reason why you care. 

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Even a yogi is a stubborn workaholic.

This is the most unreasonable criticism coming from you I have ever read. He has a life purpose, no? Dude, your teaching is workaholism. And what he has to lose? He is going on because of the vision he has and supposedly he even took account that he will be fine without surgery.

Besides,he was worse when he was consecrating Dhyanalinga.

I would love to know why you said this.

Besides, because of people like him, people are practicing health lifestyle which cuts directly in many cartels of food, alcohol, drug and pharma industries and medical malpractices to keep people hooked on treatment forever and because of people like him people are acctually reversing climate change by planting trees on mass. I don't see any government doing this. 

Another point, he is creating people that will not support people like Trump and Putin or whatever mediocre politician because they have the capacity to care due to Sadhguru's work.

Edited by Applegarden8

16 hours ago, Yali said:

Very "normie" criticism. Just like saying no amount of enlightenment will save you from staring at a pair of big breasts or whatever. Bro, their quality of life and life experience is orders and orders of magnitude better than you. They are where they are because nobody has invented an infrastructure so that they could have been better, only ignorant naysayers saying like in this quote. You will fall sick and want sex (especially if you are pursuing celibacy where it will be the hardest to abstain from sex, but the benefits you will never know), so don't pursue enlightenment and start drinking and gambling? This is so funny, they are far more evolved and know what to do with their life and after all if they die it's definitely not bad for them experientially.

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Again, so what?

There is no good reason for Sadhguru to work these people to death along with him.

When someone works more than 8hrs per day for free, that's not "voulenteering" anymore, that's exploitation. That's disingenious spiritual horseshit.

If you're so spiritual, start by paying people for their labor rather than exploiting their admiration of you. This is legit cult behavior. Exactly what Scientology does.

No one is going to awaken working 8hr+ a day for Sadhguru.

Isha is a lived in experience that a lot of people have committed their entire life to. Spiritual foundations and cults tow the line and due to the nature of the work that can be no other way, it can only be something so profoundly life-changing that causes these people to commit themselves to a foundation full time, or brainwashing as you're alluding to. All of the advanced programmes are conducted for free and Isha has struggled for money in the past. People volunteer for free for non-profit animal sanctuaries, it isn't an uncommon practice if people think the work is worthwhile

I've gone through the programmes and experience their benefits myself so I'm only pointing out how important and invaluable experiencing potent yoga outside of substances can be. To put multiple paths into perspective it's important not to crystallize yourself in one or the other, and as much as I'd urge people to try new things and take a long break from psychedelics it's still important to remain consciously critical. Psychedelics open the gates and have an invaluable place along our journey in that regard

Edited by Phrenic

Posted (edited)

48 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Again, so what?

There is no good reason for Sadhguru to work these people to death along with him.

When someone works more than 8hrs per day for free, that's not "voulenteering" anymore, that's exploitation. That's disingenious spiritual horseshit.

If you're so spiritual, start by paying people for their labor rather than exploiting their admiration of you. This is legit cult behavior. Exactly what Scientology does.

No one is going to awaken working 8hr+ a day for Sadhguru. If Sadhguru wants to be a workaholic that's his business. But it's shameful to then goad your followers into that same lifestyle.

This is fine but revolutions are voluntary is what I will say to you. Peaceful systemic change (even with conflicts here and there) requires incredible, incredible amount of work. People also want to work and live there, that tells something to me at least.

If you have better system, please, implement it.

Paying or not paying for people's labor has nothing to do with spirituality, it's an ethical/moral question.

There are good reasons I named in my comment prior. I am sorry that you think it’s useless. With all the applied models of systems thinking I am surprised to hear it's an useless exploit. I am really sorry to hear.

Edited by Applegarden8

Meanwhile.....the poor stays poor.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Applegarden8 said:

Dude, your teaching is workaholism.

It's not.

I don't work round the clock nor do I demand that of anyone I work with. And for free. That would be unethical.

And what he has to lose?

His health and happiness.

he will be fine without surgery.

This is a dangerous idea to implant into the minds of his followers.

Besides,he was worse when he was consecrating Dhyanalinga.

I know. That only strengthens my point. Just because he survived that does not make it right.

I would love to know why you said this.

Because he's setting a bad example of work-life balance.

I say it of Elon Musk so I must say it of Sadhguru too.

Besides, because of people like him, people are practicing health lifestyle which cuts directly in many cartels of food, alcohol, drug and pharma industries and medical malpractices

If you actually loved Sadhguru you would not want him working himself into ill health.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

So yogis are not simply people who meditate to be happy, peaceful, you gain some level of control over reality with those yogic practices specialy your own body, energetic system, and Sadhguru does make some radical claims to have extraordinary abilities in his exclusive vids, so either those are all nonsense and he can get sick and die like any normal person or theres something wrong I dont understand.

@Phrenic any thoughts?

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura

Aren't some people just built to be workaholic freaks?

I have seen, for example, Owen Cook say that his latest insights on happiness have been him spending every single waking minute of his life working on a project while maintaining presence. Even his rest periods are highly optimized (sauna, cold plunges, etc.).

Owen's argument is if you spend years building momentum on your health, state, life purpose, etc., then you'd naturally want that kind of lifestyle.

He also claims that hardcore engaging with the real world is one of the best ways to test your spirituality and see if you're actually grounded or just spiritual bypassing.

Do you think there is something fundamentally flawed with that? From what I see, he seems like a genuinely happy guy.

+He always claims that he hasn't been sick in 10 years O.o

Edited by RightHand

6 minutes ago, RightHand said:

I have seen, for example, Owen Cook say that his latest insights on happiness have been him spending every single waking minute of his life working on a project while maintaining presence. Even his rest periods are highly optimized (sauna, cold plunges, etc.).

If you go see his Instagram stories now, he is literally talking about how he was struggling with blood pressure that could have killed him (185), a month ago due to overworking.

And that he has been been trying everything to normalize his blood pressure.

Connect with me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/miguetran

Yogis always state that the reason for diases in the body is just imbalances in chakras and energies, so based on this, a powerful, experienced yogi like Sadhguru got imbalances in his chakras??!!

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, RightHand said:

@Leo Gura

Aren't some people just built to be workaholic freaks?

Owen's argument is if you spend years building momentum on your health, state, life purpose, etc., then you'd naturally want that kind of lifestyle.

He also claims that hardcore engaging with the real world is one of the best ways to test your spirituality and see if you're actually grounded or just spiritual bypassing.

Do you think there is something fundamentally flawed with that? From what I see, he seems like a genuinely happy guy.

+He always claims that he hasn't been sick in 10 years O.o

Sounds like a great fucking excuse not to sit down and face the agony of being still.

Owen is an egomaniac, addicted to chasing ambition like a squirrel on crack. It's not because he needs material success, it's because he is addicted to meaning and purpose. And these things are illusions. Which is why he keeps running, like a rat in a wheel.

Edited by Leo Gura

4 minutes ago, Miguel1 said:

If you go see his Instagram stories now, he is literally talking about how he was struggling with blood pressure that could have killed him (185), a month ago due to overworking.

And that he has been been trying everything to normalize his blood pressure.

Oh you're right! Damn!

orca-image-379558693.jpeg

Really hope he's fine.

5 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

diseases in the body is just imbalances in chakras and energies

This is BS.

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sounds like a great fucking excuse not to sit down and face the agony of being still.

Owen is addicted to chasing ambition like a squirrel on crack. It's not because he needs material success, it's because he is addicted to meaning and purpose. And these things are illusions. Which is why he keeps running, like a rat in a wheel.

If you told him this he would say he stays present while running the rat race. One of his major principles of socializing is staying present. 

Edited by StarStruck

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

If you told him this he would say he stays present while running the rat race. One of his major principles of socializing is staying present. 

BS. These are clever excuses from facing Truth.

The entire notion of socializing is BS. How much fucking socializing will ever be enough for him?

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, Yali said:

Both Ramana and Ramakrishna died of cancer.  

Jesus was not able to prevent his crucifixion and heal his wounds on the spot. Buddha died of food poisoning. 

Enlightenment does not mean excellent health at the same time. 

It should also be taken into account that the enlightened sage can take on the karma of his disciples to speed up their advancement, which results in physical issues for the Guru. 

I know of an enlightened sage whose physical state was declared by doctors to be incapable of being cured or healed as it was in a high state of damage and death was near. He is known to take on the karma of his disciples.  However a few days later he completely healed himself and was totally normal and attending to his duties, much to the surprise of the doctors who had assessed his condition.

Edited by Ajay0

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Owen is an egomaniac, addicted to chasing ambition like a squirrel on crack. It's not because he needs material success, it's because he is addicted to meaning and purpose. And these things are illusions. Which is why he keeps running, like a rat in a wheel.

I completely get that, but then I'm also thinking that Owen must have had the exact same insight like 10 years ago.

I guess your argument is that very few people know what true presence is. Maybe the real test comes when you spend 1 month still, doing nothing.

9 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

Overworking yourself to Nirvana.

These are highly inauspicious times. 

Sadhguru is working hard against all odds to bring about a leap in collective human consciousness to ensure present issues like global warming, confliicts and soil degradation are erased or mitigated. 

I am pessimistic about his chances but applaud his brave attempts to set an emulatory example.

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole