The Renaissance Man

I Grew in Maturity and it was... Surprising

15 posts in this topic

It's incredible how you can be surprised by your own direct experience in this way. Basically, over time you mature, as you do. Typically maturity comes from experience. With Leo's advice such as observation and contemplation, every experience has 10x the data and value, so you mature quicker. This is a summarized version of the process I've experienced.

Andrew Tate

There's one recent episode that surprised me. Like many of you, I like to watch self-improvement videos. I started from a lower place of watching people like Hamza and Andrew Tate. The red pill. I know first-hand why it's so appealing. And with a bit of shame I admit that they felt like role models. Not explicitly, but implicitly I admired them and "imitated them" a bit.

Then, also thanks to Leo, I was able to recognize how that whole culture, while improving my confidence, had brought an unhealthy hate towards women, and over time, I was thankfully able to grow through that, and people like Tate just became people I disagreed with. I knew why he was appealing, but I could now see how there are healthier ways to go about life, healthier alternatives to hustle culture and misoginy.

But I could never see how Tate was immature. This post is about maturity. For the first time recently, I could see Tate as a 40 year old man that talks about the matrix. Bro. You are a BOY! You are a 40 year old immature boy that had success, and now you feel like a superhero! That's so immature. That's the mind of a teenager.

And I just could not see that. Early on I admired him. Then I disagreed with him. Now I see it from a new perspective, and that was so unexpected.
But it's not only that. On social media I see it in other people too. I see how seeking approval and fame turns a lot of these adult men into clowns. And I believe that's not faked. It's not like a compromise they do to appeal to larger audiences. They are like that, this is my opinion. If they weren't, they just wouldn't be able to put their face in public in such ways.

And I was able to trace back how this new perspective was developed, and it was from personally shedding a lot of the desire for approval.
I could see in my direct experience how it was not worth it to a whole new level. I knew it already, but there's levels to this shit. There are levels to comprehension.

I believe the reason I was surprised is because I had no direct experience of a maturity standard beyond a 20 year old. There's plenty of content on "how a 20 year old should behave". Usually stage orange advice, quite appealing, with discipline, and all of that.

But I had no direct experience of "how a 40 year old should behave". I'm not saying I'm there or anything, but I was able to grow enough out of that 20 year old self-improvement paradigm to see how that's not how a 40 year old would behave for example. Or an adult man.

I believe if I had a real-life relationship with a more mature person, I would've seen Tate for what he was instantly, as well as many other people. This is just an hypothesis, I'm not complaining, don't get me wrong. Just a thought.

Anyway, it was cool to see once again how direct experience of growth goes beyond any logical understanding you might have from just logically hearing about development. I'm sure the experience of growing into spiral dynamics over the years it's the same. I may think I know what Yellow is, but I'm sure in 15 years I will look back at me now and see how I knew about 5% of what being stage yellow is really like.
A stage is not something you understand. It's something you become, effortlessly. It's a new identity that has evolved thanks to tons of direct experience and lessons, moving you closer to what reality actually is like, as it becomes more and more undeniable. So fascinating.

Congrats on your growth

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

Hallelujah

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

Too much black and white thinking so you still have a long way to go. Just because of dish of a restaurant is bad and unhealthy doesn't mean the whole restaurant is bad. Just pick the healthy dishes in that restaurant. 

Edited by StarStruck

Very relatable. My relationship with women was terrible for 10+ years yet it has made huge improvements these past few years. Keep at it!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Leo Gura brother, when are you going to release your new videos? We missed you already. All the best!

"Wake up."

-- God

@PretentiousHuman Probably when your profile pic wakes up!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Thanks for the read. 💖

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

This came to me today:

Maturity is proper action in every circumstance of life

Maturity is also proper reaction to every circumstance in life

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

@The Renaissance Man I just came out of a very uncomfortable interaction with my partner, yet it unfolded into a conscious communication about our fears and insecurities we’ve kept inside for far too long. And love expands

@Yimpa beautiful. Happy to hear that. I know how it feels, the clash and then opening up in vulnerability and then filling that space with love and acceptance. It's very intimate

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️