Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Keryo Koffa

What if we fed an AI psychedelics and actualized.org videos?

12 posts in this topic

Whatever psychedelics do to the brain, imagine if we simulated those receptors in an AI and watch the effects.

Or what if we input all the content from Leo's videos and let it make sense all of all of those and contextualize all of that teaching it holism, a great deal of experiences and human nature and all the philosophies and the means to create ideas and insights from scratch without context but just data.

Or we do both and simulate psychedelic effects of the framework of all the data, or input human brain patterns before and after psychedelics and from many humans to generate an artificial reflection of our consciousness.

But that's just a theory, A GAME THERORY! We'd either discover the multiverse and accelerate humanity by millennia every second, or maybe it'd destroy the universe, who really knows, sounds dangerous and exciting, a job only suited for a crazy scientist!

What is referred as AI nowadays are deep neural networks, specifically text transformers, which are trained on a huge corpus of data.

Although it processes it's entire 'knowledge' at once when answering (instead of 'parsing through' some knowledge base), and although it can even 'contemplate' by working with itself, it cannot induce, deduce, or think.

A key lack it has is the ability to judge information using intuition, which we can during intense meditation sessions.

When you say 'create ideas' that doesn't yet exist. Neither does getting an insight from all the data. AI can't do that.

Data is inherently biased and always gathered under a pretense, a context. An expert could clean it, but I don't see human experts cleaning text such that it is unbiased. Bias is inherent in language, so much of the corpus being used to train it is biased as well.

What we could do is train a large language model on a corpus of text from best tinkers and enlightened people in history.

Then again you can just read their books. Not many of them.

Simulating psychedelic effects is already inherent to transformer networks, and getting them real won't be possible until the neural computing technology develops.

1 hour ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Whatever psychedelics do to the brain, imagine if we simulated those receptors in an AI and watch the effects.

Psychedelics are not limited to their immediate effect on the brain, as your mind is not limited to the brain, but also includes your whole entire body, including a whole lot of complex biochemical process and also a deep relationship between yourself and your environment (be it your physical environment, your social environment, or your psychological environment). You can't properly reproduce a psychedelic trip with mere neurons. It requires a whole set of systems to engage with each other in complicated ways we don't yet understand.

Maybe one day it will possible for an AI to access these transcendental dimensions, but I don't think that it will be doable as long as AI is limited to simulating mere neural environments. The mind is not a closed system of neurons. It interacts and engages with its entire environment. So you can't really reproduce a psychedelic trip within the confounds of such a small slice of experience. You need ways for AI to address reality on a more holistic level.

beep boop

we'd have to make a facsimile of a human brain, which is beyond our capabilities right now.

How do you feed AI psychdelics?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

AI doesn't need psychedelics to create gamma brain waves 

Lol this guy on Reddit experimented with the idea of giving 'drugs' to LLMs by injecting randomness into their inner calculations. Since these calculations are layered, the randomness compounds as it propagates through the layers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LocalLLaMA/comments/18toidc/stop_messing_with_sampling_parameters_and_just/

Interactive demo: https://egjoni.github.io/DRUGS/sample_generations/

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Gemini Ultra 1.0:

You can't feed AI psychedelics in the literal sense. Here's why:

* AI is not biological: AI systems are complex algorithms without a physical body or brain chemistry. Psychedelic drugs work by altering brain function, which AI doesn't have.

* Simulating the experience: Researchers can attempt to simulate the effects of psychedelics on AI in these ways:

* Distorting data: Introducing noise or distortion into input data fed to image-generating AI models can lead to outputs resembling psychedelic visuals.

* Analyzing trip reports:  Researchers use AI language models to analyze large collections of written psychedelic trip reports. This could help identify patterns in the subjective experiences psychedelics induce.

Important Note: This is purely experimental and does not replicate the actual effects of psychedelics on the human brain.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 2/27/2024 at 8:06 AM, Leo Gura said:

Posted (edited)

Well, it could be fine-tuned with the transcriptions of his videos. Use "Whisper" to transcribe it, then fine-tune with it... But feeding it psychedelics is another story, lmao. Maybe, you can play with the weight of:

A) 60% Most of his content
B) 40% Higher weight for the videos he's speaking of his deepest experiences.

C) Introduce random changes, like how the other user here mentioned.

D) Play with other different parameters of the network.

Play with the weights and check the outputs.

Edited by Lucasxp64

If You feed an AI psychedelics then that would be bad, it will think it is God, that nothing exists except it, and that life has no meaning, just go to the Spirituality forum and see what the ppl that take psycedelics on a regular basis say on a consistent basis, its basically what I wrote, same would happen but the AI would probably be more dangerous, and destructive..

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

The fact that AI can tolerate being fed a shit ton of human nonsense is fascinating :P

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI