Cireeric

False or Premature Skepticism is such a Huge Thing

13 posts in this topic

Sometimes you see only in retrospect how significantly some of Leos concepts shaped you and how accurate and important they were for shaping the direction of your life. The False Skepticism or how I also often call it Premature Skepticism thing is huge! All the time, but especially talking with people at university I see how so many valuable ideas that can benefit your life in tremendous ways get critisized and dismissed in a second. You bring up MTBI: thats not accurate, there is inconsistency in the model, not scientific. Jordan Peterson: you cant watch him: sexist, right-wing ideologue. Any Self-Help content: all bullshit, only capitalism and marketing. Spiritual content: All BS; bringing up examples of predatory gurus. It is almost like an search algorithm looking for any problem with it as an excuse to dismiss it entirely that starts to come online as soon as it not fits the consensus narrative. So much value lost. 

Throwing out the baby with the bathwater on important topics like spirituality. Because there are plenty examples of scams, predatory gurus or cults spirituality gets dismissed entirely and must all be bullshit. Thats such an big trap for many people. That thing can fof uck up whole lifes honestly.

Also known as closedmindedness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Although, don't happily go around and embrace all the bullshit. I am of the opinion that spirituality and self-help in the end are 90%+ bullshit.

I would say, be skeptical, but also of your own skepticism.

Edited by Girzo

This stuff isn't rocket science. Think of it as a court room. Turn your mind into a court room and advocate for both sides and whichever side wins is the answer. Majority of people are lazy with their mind and they pick things based on the prejudices they were exposed to in their cultural paradigm. It's like a man eating certain types of food he was offered and then he goes to a new country and demonizes all the food based on its appearance without giving it a chance.

You know why he is doing it, but it doesn't make him any less of an idiot to not even give the food a taste test.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

The danger of Skepticism is the False-Skeptic who has been skeptic of their own self -bias

On 2/23/2024 at 8:32 AM, Cireeric said:

Any Self-Help content: all bullshit, only capitalism and marketing. Spiritual content: All BS; bringing up examples of predatory gurus. It is almost like an search algorithm looking for any problem with it as an excuse to dismiss it entirely that starts to come online as soon as it not fits the consensus narrative. So much value lost. 

Throwing out the baby with the bathwater on important topics like spirituality. Because there are plenty examples of scams, predatory gurus or cults spirituality gets dismissed entirely and must all be bullshit. Thats such an big trap for many people. That thing can fof uck up whole lifes honestly.

This can be pretty frustrating for sure.

I love this post. It really resonated with me.

I had a colleague from high school say that he "hates Yoga people". Ironically this dude desperately needs what meditation and yoga have to offer. He is a mess of a person. I love him nonetheless. But it's hard to see the level of truth avoidance and conformity and close mindedness when it comes to basic thought. Subconsciously he knows that he needs to try something like yoga to help himself, and beneath the surface he is incredibly sad, hopeless, and desperate for some solution to his situation. But his ego, which makes him feel better about his situation, stands in his way. Without thought, self help is entirely dismissed as an option. He is constantly making himself out to be a victim due to his life circumstances. He has even accepted the fact that he is going to die from smoking cigarettes and claims he will just keep smoking when he gets diagnosed with lung cancer. Ironically this person identifies as nonconformist (he doesn't walk around claiming to be nonconformist, you can just tell its a part of his identity). its part of his victim mentality, which justifies his antisocial behavior and bad habits such as his serious addictions (smoking and drinking endlessly). So his ego pets him like a dying dog getting euthanized.

People just do constant truth avoidance. And when people come to conclusions, they just run with the first conclusion they come to. They aren't attacking issues from multiple angles and are almost never taking a meta perspective on life. People look to societal norms or "science" as their Gods, as if all scientists are in agreement, lol. They are waiting for someone with a white collar to tell them what to think or do, or are waiting for the majority of people to do something before they do.

You are right about this ruining lives.

Edited by Paradoxed

14 minutes ago, Paradoxed said:

I had a colleague from high school say that he "hates Yoga people". Ironically this dude desperately needs what meditation and yoga have to offer. He is a mess of a person. I love him nonetheless. But it's hard to see the level of truth avoidance and conformity and close mindedness when it comes to basic thought. Subconsciously he knows that he needs to try something like yoga to help himself, and beneath the surface he is incredibly sad, hopeless, and desperate for some solution to his situation. But his ego, which makes him feel better about his situation, stands in his way. Without thought, self help is entirely dismissed as an option. He is constantly making himself out to be a victim due to his life circumstances. He has even accepted the fact that he is going to die from smoking cigarettes and claims he will just keep smoking when he gets diagnosed with lung cancer. Ironically this person identifies as nonconformist (he doesn't walk around claiming to be nonconformist, you can just tell its a part of his identity). its part of his victim mentality, which justifies his antisocial behavior and bad habits such as his serious addictions (smoking and drinking endlessly). So his ego pets him like a dying dog getting euthanized.

People just do constant truth avoidance. And when people come to conclusions, they just run with the first conclusion they come to. They aren't attacking issues from multiple angles and are almost never taking a meta perspective on life. People look to societal norms or "science" as their Gods, as if all scientists are in agreement, lol. They are waiting for someone with a white collar to tell them what to think or do, or are waiting for the majority of people to do something before they do.

Nicely put.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Someone can be 99% full of BS. Have you considered the 1%?

Even someone like Donald Trump you can learn from. Doesn’t mean you should be worshipping him like a saint.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

2 hours ago, Paradoxed said:

I had a colleague from high school say that he "hates Yoga people".

I hate yoga people. And Buddhists.

They're just playing games.

;)

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Paradoxed said:

Nice, that it reasonated with you. Yes this makes it even more tragic when you can sense that stuff like meditation, yoga, self-help or some spirituality could help them.

There is constrained ego/identity which wants to defend itself against new information that could break open that contraint. When you think about in this way the journalism that shows the exploitation of the guru isnt really the thing that stops people doing some meditation but serves as an rationalization for the constrained ego to maintain its status quo, but it also helps to hold that limited identity without questioning it.

3 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Someone can be 99% full of BS. Have you considered the 1%?

Even someone like Donald Trump you can learn from. Doesn’t mean you should be worshipping him like a saint.

Yes! This sense of learning from partially wrong perspectives is entirely lost in this phenomenon. I often had the situation that I mention something and then the first thing people do is open wikipedia and if there is any mentioning, that this is in any way controversial it is enough evidence to dismiss it entirely. 

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I hate yoga people. And Buddhists.

They're just playing games.

;)

Leo I think you're hotter than a Bikram class ❤️

Just started watching True Vs False Skepticism.