LiquiDude

What's the point of awakening?

12 posts in this topic

Hi Actualized forum!

I'm wrapping my mind around this thing, let's say is mental gymnastic, and in a sense a question that leads towards further awakening, but:

What's the point of awakening? If I'm God and I've deluded myself, by my own design, into creating (by imagining it) reality to experience it as an unconscious human being, and to forget that I was God dreaming up all of this, what's the point of awakening and get to know the Truth? Wouldn't it be considered as some sort of "spoiler"? And isn't a spoiler a bad thing if we want to enjoy a movie? Or a videogame?

Like, what's the point of telling Mario that he's a videogame character? Just so he could stop being so distressed about saving her princess and living the adventure? He would stop being Mario and being engaged with his story, I think.

I'm probably going through "the sad stage of awakening", everything looks pointless to me but in a "happy" and enlightened way, I'm so awake right now that the only thing I "want" (at this point this isn't even a "want" as in a materialistic sense) to do is go meditate on a mountain, and live an happy life in harmony with nature.

In a sense, I see awakening itself as "wrong", God's will in first place was for me to not realise the Truth about Him, or he wouldn't have bothered to imagine all of this and he would've remained God itself fully conscious without reality and humans, animals and everything else. He would've stayed God and that's it.

So, shouldn't being unconscious the "right way of living"? The most natural? The most obvious? The one that aligns with God's will? The one that makes us fully engaged with the dream since we don't know it's a dream and therefore we live it at its fullest?

To compare it to dreams, it's cool to lucid dream but once that is realised, there's no going back to the unconscious dreaming, where you're engaged with the story and you don't know what will happen, all there is left to do, in a first moment, is to imagine every kind of strange thing and having fun in every possible way, but after a while, since there's no surprise anymore, it gets boring, so at that point the most convenient thing to do with all that lucidity dreamy power would be... to forget that I'm dreaming. To live again the joy of dreaming, in an engaged way, where you don't know what will happen. And we're back to point 0. And that's exactly what I'm trying to state: there's no point in awakening.

Yes there's no point, people assign value to awakening for many reasons, some seek truth and understanding, others an escape from suffering, etc. If your experience tells you that awakening is unnecessary and you wish to continue living in the dream, then that's how it is. Personally I've found that awakening has solved all my issues in one fell swoop, and is simply a beautiful experience. I still enjoy the illusion after that and for the most part perceive it as 'real'. But the awareness of the true nature of this reality always stays with me. Like even the best and most immersed actors know at the back of their mind that they're acting.

Edited by Emissary

You have created a Reality where there is no point in Awakening. Enjoy your show.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Awakening is just Desire coming to full possibility.. No matter what someone says to You, Desire is always present in Life, in basic terms it means You want to be a Little More than what You are Now, you read a post, feel a need to respond that is desire, you set a goal, achieve it, then set another goal that is desire, the need to be a little more than what You are right now.. Awakening and eventually having Enlightened Experience as an everyday Awareness/Realization is the Ultimate Expression of Desire, as now You are Truly Free or as Free as You can be while Embodied!

Enlightenment is only possible for Embodied Beings Like Humans are, if no individuality is present then there is no possible way to be Enlightened... You Have a Body, You have a Mind, to use while here on this dual material Planet, but can rise above it all and experience Oneness, Completeness, Clarity, Bliss, and make life a game of sorts, going thru all one can go thru but still be Untouched by it..In Yoga the goal is Union and Transparency, Your Totally Involved with whatever is happening but untouched by it as Your naturally Blissful and at One with everything...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

You get 3 primary things, immortality, super knowledge and perpetual bliss. But when I say bliss it's meant to be the most incomprehensible weight of bliss possible. Bliss beyond your wildest notions. Plus you get to literally become God it's pretty much the only thing that has any point when you start to see little glimpses

Consider the possibility that you can also awaken to what hell is…

The good news is that reality isn’t just hell ^__^

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

All that you mention are stories, the point is that you are alive, you exist, you are. This is something that at least deserves an in-depth look. What the hell is this? First step, forget the stories they say out there, they are just words. If you really feel the need to see, to open your perception, to deepen your experience, you will have to break all the chains that tie you to the surface. fear, attachment, need to know. the self with all its evolutionary machinery. Nobody is going to give you the answers because there aren't any. An answer would be something limited and reality is not. If you want to expand your consciousness, you must do it yourself, and there are many pitfalls. Most of them fall down and refuse to get out, as if they were mules. The human mind is very complicated. If you dare with the challenge, complete it, or else it would be better not to have started

19 hours ago, LiquiDude said:

What's the point of awakening? If I'm God and I've deluded myself, by my own design, into creating (by imagining it) reality to experience it as an unconscious human being, and to forget that I was God dreaming up all of this, what's the point of awakening and get to know the Truth? Wouldn't it be considered as some sort of "spoiler"? And isn't a spoiler a bad thing if we want to enjoy a movie? Or a videogame?

Like, what's the point of telling Mario that he's a videogame character? Just so he could stop being so distressed about saving her princess and living the adventure? He would stop being Mario and being engaged with his story, I think.

The point is to escape your self-created prison, and the price is all of your delusions. The point was never just to play the human game, but also to puzzle your way out of it. Absolutely speaking it's pointless, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just the way "it" works.

19 hours ago, LiquiDude said:

So, shouldn't being unconscious the "right way of living"? The most natural? The most obvious? The one that aligns with God's will? The one that makes us fully engaged with the dream since we don't know it's a dream and therefore we live it at its fullest?

Look at the sleeping people around you, is that what living life to it's fullest looks like? Taking the dream for reality makes you attached and scared.

"The magic you're looking for is in the work you're avoiding"

What's the point of awakening?

Your question are a trigger and  One should ask  themselves repeatedly.

if possible everyday.

I am not awake so i don't know your reality.

But i do now your questions are like. That of alladiin carpet or Solomons it raises you to the top. 

But you said it already 

I'm wrapping my mind around this thing, let's say is mental gymnastic, and in a sense a question that leads towards further awakening.

Unrelated but  wanted to share this.

I was in public when i read your post and   few walks later there was a women wearing jacket and it has Mario's pictures and text. 

I said wow 

I want to take pictures of it but i was behind her so i couldn't, coz it will appear like taking pictures of her ass but what struck me was the moment.

Have i created that?  Or you. Tell me.

It has been happening to me lately. Seeing interconnectedness of things. 

Good day to you.

Have you ever had a dream and go I really wish I was back in real life?

Have you ever had a dream about being at work and then waking up and having to go to work again?

Have you ever had a dream and been wow that was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life?

The goal is permanent dream they are infinite.

God is infinite it dosent want to self reflect it wants everything whenever it wants.

It is eternal it wants to forget it exists and just have crazy beautiful things  happening without knowing it exists forever or reflecting on past or future forever! Being permanently in the moment like a dream.

Edited by Hojo

@LiquiDude if you wanna fell in love, awakening or enlightenment is must. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@LiquiDude As Alan Watts puts it: God is playing hide and seek with himself.

The whole point of this play is to get lost and then find who you are again.

So in a sense its the opposite:

Awakening is the point.