Rafael Thundercat

The downfall of Podcasts (Funny with a bit of truth)

22 posts in this topic

Downfall? Rogan just raked in another $200 million.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Downfall? Rogan just raked in another $200 million.

Maybe he is refering Downfall in Quality. If is the case I agree. Most Podcasts are as you youself said somewhere, spit rooling anything in the brick of the moment. 

The guy is tripping, podcasts are going WAY UP! I listen mostly comedy ones so here are some of my favs:

As far quality of the podcast goes, well, each podcast has their ups and down so for me is relative. 

From a marketing perspective, podcast and educational well-being is exploding this year. It’s already happening. And we need more people to reach the people who need it. We don’t need any more books or podcasts or content we need what is that hand to the people that need it! 

5 hours ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

Maybe he is refering Downfall in Quality. If is the case I agree. Most Podcasts are as you youself said somewhere, spit rooling anything in the brick of the moment. 

Idk about Rogan, but I listen to the first 2 guys a lot and I find immense value in their stuff

Edited by Hello from Russia

2 hours ago, thepixelmonk said:

Coffeezilla also chimed in on this one: 

Informational topics are kind of a gimmick in my opinion from the perspective of a podcasts long-term lifespan. You can only stretch a gimmick for so long. Podcasts are essentially just dudes talking, which should be the base exception.

I find content to be super mediocre most of the time, basically an excuse to binge on bullshit.
For some reason we sometimes have the reflex to focus on useless bullshit, including in terms of entertainment.
It's not good when entire generations of young people have the reflexes of hypogonadal and hypothyroid old people.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@Rafael Thundercat

On 2024-02-13 at 9:16 PM, Rafael Thundercat said:

I guess @Danioover9000 will like this one

You merely guess I would like this? Lucky for you mortal, I find it very interesting! Thanks for the share, I already have intuitions about the negative effects of podcasts. And Leo, sorry you're not an authority here as you merely did 4 podcasts in total, one with the dating guy, one with Charlie from Charisma on command, and twice with Curt Jaimungal, and not to mention the later podcasts were making clips and highlights which IMO some aren't as favorable to you.. Clearly there's something fishy with how Joe Rogan and Lex Fridman and other modern podcasts are moving nowadays, influencing the culture in their own ways.

Edited by Danioover9000

@Juan

22 hours ago, Juan said:

The guy is tripping, podcasts are going WAY UP! I listen mostly comedy ones so here are some of my favs:

As far quality of the podcast goes, well, each podcast has their ups and down so for me is relative. 

James does have a point though.

IMO this video is a gem, and still relevant to today:

9 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

IMO this video is a gem, and still relevant to today:

The age of the boy reacting and calling Andrew Bitch give me Hope for the Future of Humanity. 

The True is that Drama Sell, or in other words Drama call attention. What can be more boring as a man in deep meditation for 30min video or a Video of 3 hours of Waterfall sounds or even White Noise. What people want is Noise. And the more noise there is less signal people listen and by signal I mean the sound that comes from inside, can be a voice telling them what to do with their lifes. 

Drama is self-generated noise to avoid observing the Truth and Contemplating the Nature of Reality and Awaken. And even is not about awakening can just be noise to avoid to notice psycological issues like Shadow work etc..

Humanity is Spining Webs of Bullshit to keep Itself Entraped in whatsoever they need to be entraped into so they dont see Reality as it is and Fall in the ground rolling around. Exactly what ine see in this videos of people experimenting 5Meo with a Shaman. Drama is Noise to avoid Silence

I don't think they're going anywhere. The most dangerous thing to podcasts is Tik Tok and the fact that it'll erode the attention span of the next few generations, making it impossible for them to sit through a 2 hour video... lol

But even then podcasts will be amazing for getting rid of the silence whenever you're doing something that requires your attention.

They've definitely certified themselves as a form of mainstream media. Everybody is doing it at this point.

beep boop

@DefinitelyNotARobot

11 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

I don't think they're going anywhere. The most dangerous thing to podcasts is Tik Tok and the fact that it'll erode the attention span of the next few generations, making it impossible for them to sit through a 2 hour video... lol

But even then podcasts will be amazing for getting rid of the silence whenever you're doing something that requires your attention.

They've definitely certified themselves as a form of mainstream media. Everybody is doing it at this point.

I agree Tik Tok is the most dangerous social media site relative to podcasts, that is seriously dangerous for the younger generation. IMO it would be nice to survey or browse for higher quality podcasts, but due to the formatting being 1-2 plus hours long and how democratized podcasts are throughout mainstream nowadays, it's a huge competition and noise traffic in deciding the highest quality podcast for yourself. 

@Rafael Thundercat

13 hours ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

The age of the boy reacting and calling Andrew Bitch give me Hope for the Future of Humanity. 

The True is that Drama Sell, or in other words Drama call attention. What can be more boring as a man in deep meditation for 30min video or a Video of 3 hours of Waterfall sounds or even White Noise. What people want is Noise. And the more noise there is less signal people listen and by signal I mean the sound that comes from inside, can be a voice telling them what to do with their lifes. 

Drama is self-generated noise to avoid observing the Truth and Contemplating the Nature of Reality and Awaken. And even is not about awakening can just be noise to avoid to notice psycological issues like Shadow work etc..

Humanity is Spining Webs of Bullshit to keep Itself Entraped in whatsoever they need to be entraped into so they dont see Reality as it is and Fall in the ground rolling around. Exactly what ine see in this videos of people experimenting 5Meo with a Shaman. Drama is Noise to avoid Silence

Yeah partly agree most people want noise, like wasps and moths attracted to light, and some to few other insects just want less light, cuz sometimes lights zap the wasps and moths...IDK where to go with the metaphor but whatever.😂

GradeAUnderA does have a point in this knee jerk negative reaction to drama, calling almost everything drama, then calling all drama negative implicitly, isn't a good place for everyone. I agree with him that we do need to observe and create distinctions of which types of drama firstly, because the murkiness of calling all drama bad and everything YouTube drama, means everything bad. It's silly and causing too much anxiety for nothing.

@Rafael Thundercat

12 hours ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

@Danioover9000 this channel is the pool of drama.

OMG Destiny again??? Dude should just retire or do something else now...it's so cringe he's still clout chasing and drama seeking.

14 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Yeah partly agree most people want noise, like wasps and moths attracted to light, and some to few other insects just want less light, cuz sometimes lights zap the wasps and moths...IDK where to go with the metaphor but whatever.😂

https://www.discoverwildlife.com/animal-facts/insects-invertebrates/why-are-moths-attracted-to-light

_38e086b2-e7da-4cde-b15d-aa798a6a8da7.jpeg

@Rafael Thundercat  Well, Destiny has finally made his podcast:

Let's make some Deadpool bets, when will his end in the internet?