Erol

With which Ken Wilber book should I start?

12 posts in this topic

Which of his books do you think are his most important and that maybe are easier to read? I’m not the biggest reader 😄

6 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Every book of his is worth reading 

Have you read all of them?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

23 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Have you read all of them?

No, only the major ones like integral psychology. So undervalued. Instead mofos trying to reinvent the wheel here on this forum. 

„A Brief History of Everything“

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

"No boundary" was a my first read and I think it's the easiest one.

Wilber is not the most accessible writer, although it helps he repeats himself a lot so you have more occasions to grasp what he has meant.

Edited by Girzo

@StarStruck Don't be offensive.

"Reinventing the wheel" as in understanding its nature, from scratch. This demands experiential investigation, not adopting hearsay as true. Otherwise, reading books would suffice.

'The Integral Vision' is a pocket sized introduction to his work that can be read in a few days.

If after that, you find that you're connecting with his philosophy and want a longer and more substantive introduction, 'A Theory of Everything' would be the next one to pick up.

'Sex, Ecology, Spirituality' is generally considered to be his magnus opus, and explores Integral Theory (ie the philosophy that undergirds almost all of Wilber's work) in a ton of depth. But it's also 1000 plus pages and not for the faint of heart (though in fairness despite its length he does a reasonably good job of using an accessible writing style ).

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

3 hours ago, Girzo said:

"No boundary" was a my first read and I think it's the easiest one.

Wilber is not the most accessible writer, although it helps he repeats himself a lot so you have more occasions to grasp what he has meant.

Agree with this. "No Boundary" is a good start. 

The best book would be his lightest in most likelihood. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"