thenondualtankie

Tucker Carlson to interview Putin

193 posts in this topic

https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingasfuck/comments/1akrpxk/well_didnt_have_this_one_on_my_bingo_card_tucker/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

TL;DR Tucker announced he's in Moscow and he's going to interview Putin. He says his intentions are for America to see the other side of the story.

One part of me thinks this could be good to make people in the West less biased.

The other part thinks that it's simply going to push people into having new biases, or strengthening their old ones. In theory it sounds like something that should make people less biased but that's not always how things like this work.

Tucker Carlson is not a good faith actor, this won't be an interview but pure propaganda.

It serves to further divide the american population, which will of course be exploited by Donald Trump for his presidency.

Glory to Israel

All sides use propaganda. So don't make it a huge deal when one side does it.

One side can be more conscious. But that doesn't make the propaganda any more truthful. Only time will reveal the truth. 

30 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Tucker Carlson is not a good faith actor, this won't be an interview but pure propaganda.

Yep, this is more than likely whats gonna happen .

I don't understand why anyone would be against a 2hr interview with Putin that isn't controlled or censored if it weren't for a fear of losing the narrative that he is an evil madman. If Putin really is what they make him out to be, then that should be obvious in an interview. Truth is Truth. That should be your bias in all circumstances, even an interview with Putin.

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

11 hours ago, VictorB02 said:

I don't understand why anyone would be against a 2hr interview with Putin that isn't controlled or censored if it weren't for a fear of losing the narrative that he is an evil madman. If Putin really is what they make him out to be, then that should be obvious in an interview. Truth is Truth. That should be your bias in all circumstances, even an interview with Putin.

The pimps of war and the narrative orchestraters of empire don't want this interview to drop tonight - especially by one of their own who has big reach. It goes against information interests and exposes the underbelly of imperialism, the hypocrisy and the propaganda. 

The pointless death of countless lives can be attributed to this imperial war machine that throws anyone or thing under the bus for its own greedy interest, including its own 'allies'. 

Women are being sent to die for this because they’re low on men - but no mainstream western media outlet or spokesperson will be let to admit defeat or speak of it. They then spin their women going to war as if it’s some win and to show that they’re ‘built different’. Disgusting propaganda for perverted ends.

It’s so horrific that they can't afford the truth to come out in any way that shows the West has any responsibility in this. The word provocation doesn’t enter or exist in their dictionary, neither does the red lines of other powers that have explicitly been shared. Instead, the West are the only unipolar power of the world - a false reality they fail to let go of and will allow countless lives to die for. They believe in a rules based order dictated by them, not international law equally applies to all as a matter of principle.

Not to mention the billions of dollars that domestically aren't used and are instead sent and recycled into corrupt pockets.

This doesn’t discount the devilry of other nations, but it doesn’t invalidate the analysis of devilry the West commits - if only one is able to detox from the propaganda that seeps into them if they live within the West (like fish in water) - the Global South are much more aware of this reality.

Edited by zazen

23 minutes ago, zazen said:

The pimps of war and the narrative orchestraters of empire don't want this interview to drop tonight - especially by one of their own who has big reach. It goes against information interests and exposes the underbelly of imperialism, the hypocrisy and the propaganda. 

The pointless death of countless lives can be attributed to this imperial war machine that throws anyone or thing under the bus for its own greedy interest, including its own 'allies'. 

Women are being sent to die for this because they’re low on men - but no mainstream western media outlet or spokesperson will be let to admit defeat or speak of it. They then spin their women going to war as if it’s some win and to show that they’re ‘built different’. Disgusting propaganda for perverted ends.

It’s so horrific that they can't afford the truth to come out in any way that shows the West has any responsibility in this. The word provocation doesn’t enter or exist in their dictionary, neither does the red lines of other powers that have explicitly been shared. Instead, the West are the only unipolar power of the world - a false reality they fail to let go of and will allow countless lives to die for. They believe in a rules based order dictated by them, not international law equally applies to all as a matter of principle.

Not to mention the billions of dollars that domestically aren't used and are instead sent and recycled into corrupt pockets.

It's clear that US/NATO blew up the NS pipeline. But they will never admit it. 

1 hour ago, Bobby_2021 said:

It's clear that US/NATO blew up the NS pipeline. But they will never admit it. 

And they will silence anyone who will.  Like the notorious Henry Kissinger said ' It may be dangerous to be America's enemy, but to be America's friend is fatal.' Now Biden has has halted LNG exports, only further squeezing those dependent on them - mainly Europe. The economic heart of the EU - Germany is slowly de-industrializing. European competition is reduced and US dependence is solidified, including US industry. This isn't to attribute conspiratorial intention,  but rather points to the opportunism of corporatism which is amoral and cares nothing for any nation or its citizens except for those who sit in the boardrooms. 

The irony is that Europe is still buying oil from their Russian 'enemy' through the back door - just at a higher price and suffering of their own people with cost of living, industry losses and lay offs. Russian oil is being bought up by India and other intermediaries, refined and repackaged and sold at a profit back to Europe. 'Sanctions' at work. Instead of peace they would rather continue to ratchet up world war 3 rhetoric and let their own people suffer because their ego can't handle a multi-polar world. Shame.

3 minutes ago, zazen said:

The irony is that Europe is still buying oil from their Russian 'enemy' through the back door - just at a higher price and suffering of their own people with cost of living, industry losses and lay offs. Russian oil is being bought up by India and other intermediaries, refined and repackaged and sold at a profit back to Europe. 'Sanctions' at work. Instead of peace they would rather continue to ratchet up world war 3 rhetoric and let their own people suffer because their ego can't handle a multi-polar world. Shame.

To be fair the sanctions did work. US actually wanted Russian oil to stay in the market. Which is why they didn't outright ban it but merely introduced a price cap. This ultimately means that the profits will stay with India instead of Russia while not significantly increasing the demand for oil worldwide. That was a masterclass from the US.

But by now, Russia should have found a way to bypass the price caps. But their economy is doomed.

My point is that US/NATO are not saints that we should give them moral high ground. 

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

46 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Why is he lecturing us on history. 9_9

>people making fun of this interview for having a long discussion of history

It's hilarious that a politician would have a frank and open discussion about a topic that requires an IQ greater than 90 to understand. Instead of getting in a bunch of platitudes with some gotchas, quips, and zingers. You can see the response of the average American having their eyes roll in the back of their head in incomprehension, and having a laugh about 9th century history being mentioned.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

I was just gonna link the YT video, did not think they would post it there.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

As much as I hate Tucker, this should be interesting.

Lol. The Russia history was kinda boring for me in the beginning, but I can see why Putin would want to give such a detailed history of the region... which is context.

What I'm getting from this is Putin definitely felt pushed to the limit by the West and in many ways, he definitely was / has been. I also had no idea he tried to setup a connected nuclear missile system with the US under Bush Senior that we ended up rejecting. That's nuts.

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

18 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

>people making fun of this interview for having a long discussion of history

It's hilarious that a politician would have a frank and open discussion about a topic that requires an IQ greater than 90 to understand. Instead of getting in a bunch of platitudes with some gotchas, quips, and zingers. You can see the response of the average American having their eyes roll in the back of their head in incomprehension, and having a laugh about 9th century history being mentioned.

Yeah most Americans don't have enough IQ to understand this kind of stuff. They would rather have some liberal crap shoved down their throat.

But I didn't see how this was relevant to the question. None of these things gives him the right to invade a nation. But his justifications are worth hearing. He is entitled to invade if he is threatened by it. 

Just finished up the interview… and I have to say that Putin is one hell of a calculated, sharp, and intelligent man. All of his points and objections to the West encroaching on the Russian border, meddling in foreign elections like Ukraine, and ultimately pushing Russia to take military action made complete sense to me, and had me wondering what the real motive for the war in Ukraine is… Defeat Russia’s war machine - or use it as an excuse to fuel our own because it’s real good for payoffs on the backend that nobody can see? 

After that interview, idk. But my gut tells me Putin is definitely not the evil madman they have made him out to be. 

Side note: When he asked Putin  who blew up the pipeline, and Putin pointed right back at Tucker, that shit got me laughing for some reason. So brutally honest 😂

@VictorB02 Putin has never been an evil madman, he just has a totally different survival agenda and worldview than America.

The reason it's hard for Americans to understand Putin is simply because they are not faced with Russia's survival challenges and are paradigm-locked into American survival challenges.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Putin often revises history in a way that suits his goals https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/vladimir-putins-revisionist-history-of-russia-and-ukraine

Ultimately his mission is to make Russia a super power and reunite the soviet Union. This can't be just through force he has to change the narrative and unite the Russian people to believe there is no choice but to do what he's doing. 

And American politicians also have a version of history that suits their agendas. They just aren't conscious of it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.