Princess Arabia

Insight On Lack Of Motivation After Awakening

20 posts in this topic

Something just came to me that I would like to share. 

In life (the "mundane" stuff) we're just performing tasks. Going to work feeding the kids, buying the car, the house, even entertainment, buying clothes, everything. We're performing these tasks for survival, for maintenance of the body, for ways and means to feel secure, a sense of freedom, to feel loved, a sense of peace joy and gratitude. All the good stuff - you know the deal.

When you've Awakened to your true nature, and I mean really know who and what you are, you may feel unmotivated to continue doing those "tasks" because you've recognized that they don't fulfill you. During your Awakening those feelings were magnified and now nothing comes close. You were only doing those things and were motivated to do them because of the feelings they generated within you. Even the job you didn't like was still giving you a sense of purpose and maybe a sense of productivity and worth. 

Now, you're unmotivated to do the mundane things because you don't have a reason to anymore. You wanted to feel secure but now you're already feeling secure, you wanted to feel loved, but now you're already feeling loved, you wanted to feel the freedom that working these mundane jobs provided, but now you don't crave that feeling anymore from Awakening to your true nature. Either that or those feelings want to push through more intensely but you're unmotivated to do mundane things to let them flow through.

I don't really have the solution for this lack of motivation, and I do believe it's partially for the reasons stated above, for which I could be wrong, and could only apply to some and not all; but If it applies, maybe this is the time to really focus on your passions or the things that you enjoy the most because you did incarnate in this body for a reason, and that is to experience what it's like to be human from the perspective of Source (did I say that right - or is it the other way around),  and maybe your Awakening is a message to you to really start living and to make yourself available for all the joys and pleasures that comes with this recognition instead of not allowing Source to flow through you in the unique way it wants which only you can do.

Your lack of motivation could be the body being used to the adrenaline of "fake" fulfillment and the mind is telling it that it is already fulfilled and now it doesn't want to move to fit into the new paradigm of being already fulfilled because it is conditioned to do mundane tasks. The body and mind are not aligned, or maybe it's the mind and body that's not aligned with the heart. Not sure, but something isn't aligned.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Did you notice growing up that many people in your life were telling you what is important and what you should do and that it sometimes felt like a lot of pressure and that it made you confused about what to do because you maybe didn't feel deep inside that you agreed or that it resonated? Awakening makes you very aware of why that was the case. If something is merely imposed on you from the outside, you recognize a conflict between your internal feelings (which is based on your awareness of your internal capacities) and what is being imposed on you. Then, if you truly tap into what you authentically feel deep inside, whatever that is, that is what you're meant to be doing. So motivation doesn't disappear with awakening: it's true motivation that awakens.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

Did you notice growing up that many people in your life were telling you what is important and what you should do and that it sometimes felt like a lot of pressure and that it made you confused about what to do because you maybe didn't feel deep inside that you agreed or that it resonated? Awakening makes you very aware of why that was the case. If something is merely imposed on you from the outside, you recognize a conflict between your internal feelings (which is based on the awareness of your internal capacities) and what is being imposed on you. Then, if you truly tap into what you authentically feel deep inside, whatever that is, that is what you're meant to be doing. So motivation doesn't disappear with awakening: it's true motivation that awakens.

Yeah, I think that's really what I was trying to say. People really feel unmotivated because they are not aligned with what they are meant to do. I agree with your statement whole-heartedly.

@Princess Arabia I would say that for one that as just had their first Awakening the motivation to do mundane, normal everyday things maybe low, but if one has been in an Awakened state for awhile and has gotten used to it, then motivation should never be an issue or something that comes up. Motivation to me is mostly about outside stimuli, like watching a Rocky movie to get motivated to go workout or something.. 

A cool trick for Us householders is too make everyday chores and work as well a sort of Spiritual Sadhana, try to observe everything in the moment with a high Intensity like its the first time You have ever done it..Also, serving others and sharing all that You are with others is a form of Devotion or Self less action (karma yoga), its a sadhana all on its own..

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

17 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

@Princess Arabia I would say that for one that as just had their first Awakening the motivation to do mundane, normal everyday things maybe low, but if one has been in an Awakened state for awhile and has gotten used to it, then motivation should never be an issue or something that comes up. Motivation to me is mostly about outside stimuli, like watching a Rocky movie to get motivated to go workout or something.. 

A cool trick for Us householders is too make everyday chores and work as well a sort of Spiritual Sadhana, try to observe everything in the moment with a high Intensity like its the first time You have ever done it..Also, serving others and sharing all that You are with others is a form of Devotion or Self less action (karma yoga), its a sadhana all on its own..

Yes, I thought about that while writing my post that overtime the boredom or lack of motivation may or should dwindle and one will start to merge back into normal life as it becomes a way of being. I think the ones who feel this lack of motivation just have not learnt to integrate both sides of the coin. 

Nice assessment. 

I like it. And it certainly is true on some level.

After 'total awakening' however, there is no doer or any doing being done.

Only beingness.

Edited by ivankiss

7 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Yes, I thought about that while writing my post that overtime the boredom or lack of motivation may or should dwindle and one will start to merge back into normal life as it becomes a way of being. I think the ones who feel this lack of motivation just have not learnt to integrate both sides of the coin. 

Nice assessment. 

I remember when I first started doing Shambhavi Mahamudra, the Inner Engineering practice Sadhguru shares, its 21 min, within a couple of weeks of starting the practice I was in almost constant Blissful states, very happy and whistling all the time, even at work and work was not a pleasant place to be, and ppl there started asking 'Why are You smiling all the time.,." lol, then it starts to steady out a bit, the intensity is not as intense and so forth, so I think as Human Beings we get used to states of Experience very quickly, like a Heroin addicted needing more heroin to feel high, so that is what happens, as we are always looking for Unboundedness and to be completely Free as an Ultimate Desire.

So when first Awakening happens, I think many just get into the change in perception and general feeling of wellbeing or differences, this may distract them from everyday life and stuff, which sooner or later evens out as one gets used to it:)

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

35 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Are you saying the realization that there is no "doer" becomes clear.

How you phrased it suggests there is a doer but only before Awakening, after Awakening, there is none.

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

I like it. And it certainly is true on some level.

Only beingness.

We're not talking about that though, are we? ;P

Guess I was born enlightened then. 

nowhere in the bio  @VahnAeris 

In my opinion that's only a phase. A really important one, but a phase nonetheless. Eventually it'll go full circle and you'll do the same things (pretty much).

What really changes are your motivation and your attachment to the outcome.

You can still get wealthy or happy or successful after awakening!

when in ego, motivation is for ones in-group and when in spirit motivation is for one and all

if the least one i know is not taken care of i don't get to pass go and will keep returning for more

here is the classroom perfectly designed to heal my fractures but if i can't bless and forgive the hardest then more work is in the cards

Edited by gettoefl

I guess that’s where “chop wood, carry water” comes from.

It would be wise to continue your character’s roll in the dream (working, socializing,etc) and then slowly branch out a different path post-awakening that you feel would suit you better.

14 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

I guess that’s where “chop wood, carry water” comes from.

I prefer to chop ice :ph34r:

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Motivation is the balance between desire and resistance. if you want more motivation reduce resistance - meditation, self reflection, etc. something like "I'm not good enough to do it" or feeling fear or something. These are what resists doing. needs to be investigated.. what is it that stops you from doing the thing? if there is nothing, then all it takes is intent and the act will come. with resistance comes this idea that "motivation isn't enough" when really what's going on is "resistance is too much"

13 hours ago, AerisVahnEphelia said:

Guess I was born enlightened then. 

Haha, no it's something you learned. No creature is born unmotivated, unless they're some gene-modified synthetic abomination produced in Michael Levin's lab (or the natural equivalent).

Edited by Carl-Richard

On 2/1/2024 at 3:13 AM, not-a-faerie said:

Motivation is the balance between desire and resistance. if you want more motivation reduce resistance - meditation, self reflection, etc. something like "I'm not good enough to do it" or feeling fear or something. These are what resists doing. needs to be investigated.. what is it that stops you from doing the thing? if there is nothing, then all it takes is intent and the act will come. with resistance comes this idea that "motivation isn't enough" when really what's going on is "resistance is too much"

What about desires? How to increase your desires? 🤣

12 minutes ago, hyruga said:

What about desires? How to increase your desires? 🤣

You desire to realize yourself as God. You increase this by opening up to Love. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 30.1.2024 at 11:56 PM, Princess Arabia said:

Yeah, I think that's really what I was trying to say. People really feel unmotivated because they are not aligned with what they are meant to do. I agree with your statement whole-heartedly.

I'm tired of being what you want me to be
Feeling so faithless, lost under the surface
Don't know what you're expecting of me
Put under the pressure of walking in your shoes

Every step that I take is another mistake to you
(Caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow)

I've become so numb
I can't feel you there
Become so tired
So much more aware
I'm becoming this
All I want to do
Is be more like me
And be less like you

Can't you see that you're smothering me
Holding too tightly, afraid to lose control?
'Cause everything that you thought I would be
Has fallen apart right in front of you

Every step that I take is another mistake to you
(Caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow)
And every second I waste is more than I can take

I've become so numb
I can't feel you there
Become so tired
So much more aware
I'm becoming this
All I want to do
Is be more like me
And be less like you

And I know
I may end up failing too
But I know
You were just like me with someone disappointed in you

I've become so numb
I can't feel you there
Become so tired
So much more aware
I'm becoming this
All I want to do
Is be more like me
And be less like you

I've become so numb
I can't feel you there
(I'm tired of being what you want me to be)
I've become so numb
I can't feel you there
(I'm tired of being what you want me to be)

Now I know why I always loved this song <3