BlessedLion

Have any humans actually reached Supermind consciousness?

13 posts in this topic

According to Ken Wilber the highest stage of evolution possible today is Supermind. UV light on spiral dynamics and constant state of non dual awareness. 

Please only respond if you know Wilber’s work, because many people will just state that random mystics are at Supermind. You don’t understand what Supermind is. 

Does anyone who understands this know of an example of any humans at this level? Does Wilber ever reveal this? 

id assume it’s less than 10,000 people in total alive at this level 

"UV light on spiral dynamics"? "Supermind"? Can there be a succinct definition or do I really have to go through the book and models?

Might be best to ask @Water by the River, they're the Ken Wilber expert.

3 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

constant state of non dual awareness. 

This is enlightenment and it is possible. Personally wouldn't call it a "stage" or "evolution", but just accurate perception. Do you understand what your experience is or not? If you do, then it becomes non-dual.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

First, concerning the other post: I had to read "The Religion of Tomorrow" multiple times. It is not as self-explanatory as most of his other books, and quite difficult to understand sometimes. He doesn't fully explain concepts he already presented in other books. That is rather unusual for a Wilber book, but due to the sheer size/scope necessary.

Its one of the three Opus Magnum books of Wilber (announced as Kosmos Trilogy around 20 years ago). Book one is Sex, Ecology, Spirituality, and the second and  third book has basically been delivered as "The Religion of Tomorrow" and the Excerpts concerning Wilber 5 (An Integral Age at the Leading Edge, The Many Ways We Touch _ Three Principles Helpful for Any Integrative Approach,  The Ways We Are in This Together,...).

Supermind basically is True Nondual Realisation of the Absolute (on a pretty permanent and not just state basis), coupled with an integral postformal-/vision-logic- cognition realizing itself to be the Kosmos, and realizing how the past is imagined right here right now, and therefor the now contains the karmic memory print of all past moments that came before (imagined right here, right now). So, everything that has ever been literally resonates in ones being, as ones  Infinite Being.

"If “Big Mind” is used as a synonym for the nondual state, you can be at, say, teal, and have a Big Mind experience (which you will interpret in teal terms). But notice: you cannot be at teal and have a peak experience of Supermind. Supermind is a structure, not a state per se (although it is conjoined with the nondual state), and therefore, in its structural dimension, Supermind must be grown and developed.

Integral Theory says, “States are free, structures are earned,” which means that most states can be peak experienced, or plateau experienced, by virtually any structure, because these states are already present in some degree in everyone, just as an infant wakes, dreams, and sleeps (or goes through gross, subtle, and causal realms), but structures themselves have to grow, evolve, and unfold in a developmental fashion, “transcending and including” their predecessors".

The blue statement is sometimes not en vogue on this forum.

16 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

Does Wilber ever reveal this? 

Wilber is smart enough to not really engage in this game.

So how many are there? Realized as a plateau to permanent stage, my guess is way less than 10.000. It needs pretty permanent True Nondual Realization/Enlightenment, plus high level integral vision-logic understanding.

There is a statement in his book One Taste on how many deeply enlightened contemporary Zen-Masters there were in the 90s. I have written elsewhere about it.

Yet, as an attractor-point, a beacon of what is possible (True Realization and an integral/vision-logic cognitive level of understanding to unpackage this realization), Supermind excerts a huge pull.

Selling Water by the River

Edited by Water by the River

13 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

According to Ken Wilber the highest stage of evolution possible today is Supermind. UV light on spiral dynamics and constant state of non dual awareness. 

Being in a constant state of awareness is what is known as enlightenment or Buddhahood or Nirvikalpa Samadhi in yogic parlance. 

If you are in agreement with this, then there are such enlightened masters, even in the west.

Gangaji, Amoda Ma Jeevan, Leonard Jacobson, Adyashanti, Robert Adams, Jac O' Keeffe, Dr. Frederick Lenz, Dr. Jean Klein, Francis Lucille,  Gary Webers, Franklin Merrell-Wolff , Eckhart Tolle and so on are a few that comes to mind.

Edited by Ajay0

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

On 31/1/2024 at 11:08 AM, Water by the River said:

There is a statement in his book One Taste on how many deeply enlightened contemporary Zen-Masters there were in the 90s.

Who would you say is at that level today?

Are you not asking if anyone in your dream woke up? Just seems like a distraction within the illusion to keep your mind of what's really important - awakening yourself. 

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

"The way that we teach Love is not through words and not through behaviors. The way we teach it is through the quietness in our mind." -Ken Wapnick

He probably doesn't understand what that Supermind is like coz he hasn't reached it.

I have and am in it all the time now. This is the highest state one can reach before leaving the body. Problem is you're just gonna think I'm making stuff up.

All the past (fully) enlightened beings are in there and I've communed with some of them. 

And it's going to be alot less than "10000 people". The state I'm talking about. 

But consider that when you reach this state you're most likely not going to be very public about it. It's not safe for one.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

On 1/30/2024 at 2:44 PM, BlessedLion said:

Please only respond if you know Wilber’s work, because many people will just state that random mystics are at Supermind. You don’t understand what Supermind is. 

Is that like Supersize?

And is Wilbur related to the Hamburglar?

Fun fact: I’ve never eaten a Big Mac ever in my life.

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

15 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Who would you say is at that level today?

Today, there are a lot more. Just some examples: Harri Aalto, Jac O'Keeffee, Andrew Halaw, Ralston, Wilber, Wolinski, Daniel Brown (passed away), Adyashanti, Jürgen Ziewe, and many others.  

The ones mentioned are just some of those I like (enlightened, not explicitely concering Supermind-stage) and who have interesting books/media published.

Edited by Water by the River

14 hours ago, puporing said:

He probably doesn't understand what that Supermind is like coz he hasn't reached it.

I have and am in it all the time now. This is the highest state one can reach before leaving the body. Problem is you're just gonna think I'm making stuff up.

All the past (fully) enlightened beings are in there and I've communed with some of them. 

And it's going to be alot less than "10000 people". The state I'm talking about. 

But consider that when you reach this state you're most likely not going to be very public about it. It's not safe for one.

I know a fairly publicized "clairvoyant" who explained that he had already reached a state where he knew and could explain everything, including very complex mathematical-physical theories "while he is usually very bad in these areas" and continued the explanations in to a potentially infinite degree of depth and complexity.
He explained that he was terrified by this state and almost died.

Does this correspond?

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

1 hour ago, Water by the River said:

Today, there are a lot more. Just some examples: Harri Aalto, Jac O'Keeffee, Andrew Halaw, Ralston, Wilber, Wolinski, Daniel Brown (passed away), Adyashanti, Jürgen Ziewe, and many others.  

The ones mentioned are just some of those I like (enlightened, not explicitely concering Supermind-stage) and who have interesting books/media published.

Thanks for sharing. I suppose that this is becoming more and more common due to many factors, including less social pressure, generalized dissatisfaction and the current existential void.

5 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

I know a fairly publicized "clairvoyant" who explained that he had already reached a state where he knew and could explain everything, including very complex mathematical-physical theories "while he is usually very bad in these areas" and continued the explanations in to a potentially infinite degree of depth and complexity.
He explained that he was terrified by this state and almost died.

Does this correspond?

He probably had some sort of awakening. If someone is already familiar with a field then that could get amplified. It's not necessary to be hyper conscious. It can be channeled in many ways I guess depending on what you feel gravitated toward. Mostly you just know.. you just know you're more conscious than everyone else. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。