OBEler

The older you get the more stupid you are

65 posts in this topic

You become after 25 years old less and less intelligent. If you speak with 60 years old people, a lot of them are already not capable to comprehend complex new things. It's sad to watch and also a real problem for them. I would even call some of them retarded (please be not triggered,it's just an observation). I live in Germany and many older people are thinking like braindead zombies to me (again just an observation).

So how to prevent this degeneration of your brain? Besides usual stuff which keeps your body healthy (sport, nutrition good sleep, social support etc).

Edited by OBEler

I think this depends on the person, I look at young ppl today and I don't see too many smart ones, they are all addicted to their phones, and think data input from social media or other sources is the key aspect of life, but none of those sources are telling You any truth, just repeating stories with hype to create drama for the dopamine hit and that they come back for more to make $$.

I'm older than most here, but I've always been curious and a researcher as well as someone that does the work when super interested in something, so it depends... It must be somewhere in the food or air or something that many older folks get dementia and other such things, my parent both lived over 80 and had no such problems, they had active lives, kids, businesses, volunteering, social events, etc,, but others get it and are fucked afterwards, must be genetics and combination of things..

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

@Ishanga you need  to differentiate between lack of intelligence and "stupid acting".

doing useless stuff like smartphone addiction and social media stuff is stupid acting but you can still be high intelligent and have a well functional brain.

Edited by OBEler

There are many possible attack phases.
But thyroid hormones, Androgens (especially for men), progesterone (especially for women) and pregnenolone seem to be the most important things.

And more supplements increasing neurotrophins (like cerebrolysin), non-steroidal anti-inflammatories, anti-inflammatory foods, mitochondrial uncouplers apart from t3/t4 (methylene blue, aspirin), vitamins b1...

Dan Tien breathing could also, supposedly, reverse neurological diseases at a very advanced stage, a French YouTuber saw people with Parkinson's being able to drive and play sports normally after several weeks, which indicates the recreation of dopaminergic neurons. Hyperbaric O2 and CO2 therapy should also help.

In general anything that increases OXPHOS and decreases brain inflammation/stress will hugely increase neurogenesis and neuroplasticity (will also decrease apoptosis, obviously).

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Thank you for reminding me to rewatch this episode of Leo

I intuit that society plays a major role on how stupid one develops. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

https://wiki.chadnet.org/files/osteoporosis-and-the-skin.pdf

"

An 82-year old man was agitated and confused, and was apparently suffering from senile dementia. After being given progesterone and pregnenolone for a few days, his mind became clear, and he returned to work on scientific projects he had begun decades earlier. A squamous cell cancer on his lip regressed, and never

bothered him again."

@Schizophonia hmmm 5 Meo dmt could be then ideal for this:

It decrease inflammation and increases neurogenesis and neuroplasticity 

Just now, OBEler said:

@Schizophonia hmmm 5 Meo dmt could be then ideal for this:

It decrease inflammation and increases neurogenesis and neuroplasticity 

That's true, although I would prefer N N-DMT. :P
Seems more "soft".

I ask me if I do everyday 5 Meo until i am 60 years old how my brain (let's pretend it exists) would be functioning compared to other brains in this age.

I need to talk to people who smoked at least a 1000 times 5 meo.are they here? :)

2 minutes ago, OBEler said:

how my brain (let's pretend it exists) would be functioning compared to other brains in this age.

xD

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@OBEler What you are referring to is called 'neuroplasticity' and most, but not all lose it with age.

BTW- You wouldn't know some of the stupid shit I hear coming out of the mouths of young folks.

If they don't know -they just don't know. They think they know, but they don't.

Edited by cetus

30 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Ishanga you need  to differentiate between lack of intelligence and "stupid acting".

doing useless stuff like smartphone addiction and social media stuff is stupid acting but you can still be high intelligent and have a well functional brain.

Wasting Your time on social media, scrolling pics and short vids, turning 30 and still not experiencing for real what is what, that is low brain functionality in my book...by the time I was 30 I had already bought my own car, or two of them, taught Martial Arts for many years, travelled a bit, had a few relationships, broken heart and so forth, today the young ones are reading about it and watching it..

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

@Ishanga I opened TikTok for the first time in a while just for fun and I noticed that there’s now a STEM category. Literally endless TikToks of educational material.

What could go wrong!

3 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

@Ishanga I opened TikTok for the first time in a while just for fun and I noticed that there’s now a STEM category. Literally endless TikToks of educational material.

What could go wrong!

Yes, same on Youtube but the empowering stuff is not getting the hits like the disempowering stuff, massive brain/mind conditioning to keeps us in survival mode is working!!

16 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

Wasting Your time on social media, scrolling pics and short vids, turning 30 and still not experiencing for real what is what, that is low brain functionality in my book...by the time I was 30 I had already bought my own car, or two of them, taught Martial Arts for many years, travelled a bit, had a few relationships, broken heart and so forth, today the young ones are reading about it and watching it..

It makes no sense to compare two generations in truth. Because tech, economy, collective vibe, interest and values changes very fast.

I would have been into chivalry and would have cutted one or two dragons in half and saved some princess if I were born in 1600.

But yeh that's what I did in fact. 

How many dungeons and dragons did you finished by 20 ? Because I had a lot ! 

nowhere in the bio  @VahnAeris 

11 minutes ago, AerisVahnEphelia said:

I would have been into chivalry and would have cutted one or two dragons in half and saved some princess if I were born in 1600.

Kids these days will never truly understand how difficult video games were back in the day.

Edited by Yimpa

21 minutes ago, AerisVahnEphelia said:

It makes no sense to compare two generations in truth. Because tech, economy, collective vibe, interest and values changes very fast.

But yeh that's what I did in fact. 

How many dungeons and dragons did you finished by 20 ? Because I had a lot ! 

We can compare them because we are still Human Beings, really the only thing that has changed since my Grandfather was young is the technology and way of communicating, we have the internet (endless source of info and entertainment), they had radio's. My Grandfather had desires, I have desires, I make money, they made money, its not really that different, this whole thing about diversity and such is only because more ppl from differing cultures are living today than before, but that was there too in more mild forms...

As well this generation is most comfortable and convenient generation ever, our survival process is more guaranteed today than ever, if not for the ideology of profit, then no one would be starving or lacking in the basics of life in the world...but there is more emotional suffering going on than ever, the generations before were too concerned with surviving to have the same sort of suffering we have today, at least in the west..

Ideologies have changed yes, but there has always been ideologies around, ppl telling you about life and so called truth, the only cool thing is the real stuff is out there too to balance things off a bit, but its a losing battle I think...

Edited by Ishanga

1 hour ago, OBEler said:

So how to prevent this degeneration of your brain? Besides usual stuff which keeps your body healthy (sport, nutrition good sleep, social support etc).

Live fast, die young.

Why so serious?

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

Thank you for reminding me to rewatch this episode of Leo

I intuit that society plays a major role on how stupid one develops. 

As someone who was a child of poverty stricken hillbilly addicts, and subsequently the step-child to a South Korean father with a very different type of family this is very true.

Neither is better or worse but if I hadn’t seen outside the small bubble of my family who knows if I’d still be believing I would go to hell for liking women.

I had and still do struggle to unlearn the stupidity indoctrinated by that culture and any time I get too wrapped up in family stuff I spiral to lower consciousness thinking and survival responses.

Idk how to link videos but “Socialization Makes You Stupid” is another great insight towards this subject.

Edited by AmandaPanda