StaraX

Disappointing nootropics results

46 posts in this topic

First of all, I'd like to thank you guys and Leo for the advice on Modafinil. I got Modafinil (Modalert 200 mg) and Armodafinil (Artvigil 150 mg) to my door three days ago. Two days ago I took a FULL pill of Modalert 200 mg and I was waiting for two hours for the "kick-in". I have to tell you guys that I am extremely disappointed. I literally watched the clock for 2 hours and waited for the amazing stuff Leo described in his 2018 video. Nothing happened. Six hours later, I became so frustrated that I actually welcomed the possible side effects, but I didn't even get those.

Yesterday, I took a full pill of Armodafinil (150mg) since they say that it is stronger. Bullshit. Nothing happened. The pills were the Indian version, just like in Leo's nootropics video, which you can see at the 25:39 mark.

I am just a 25-year-old (healthy) male living in Scandinavia who wants to maximise the intensity of focus while working and studying. I got no problem with self-discipline and working long hours. Now you guys might say stuff like "Try meditation, eat healthily, sleep well, exercise, avoid social media and smart phones etc." I've been doing those for nearly 4 years now and they do very little to my intensity of focus.

I'm not blaming anyone here, I'm taking full responsibility. I just thought Modafinil would at least help me with this issue, but unfortunately, it seems that I just lost quite a lot of money. Nevertheless, I am still open to take any advice on Modafinil or Armodafinil.

That just means modafinil doesn't works with your unique metabolism.

Not all drugs work on all people.

Modafinil is so potent when it works, it's very obvious, even half a pill.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Wow, quite surprising, i used Modafinil for over a year and a half sometimes 100 mg and other times 200 mg, can definitely confirm it's not placebo, but i guess like Leo mentioned above it might have to do with your unique metabolism.

When I take modafinil I have to work out that night otherwise I can’t sleep. Just too much energy but I get crazy amount of energy. But I feel like this can’t be healthy so I only do it once  every 3 months. 

truly suprising. 
im even suprised people here take halp a pill or a full one. 
i cant even handle more than a quater.. it gets so intense its terrifying for me

did you actually try to do some work while on it? only when i get to doing some intellectual work i notice the big difference it makes.. i can just go on for 4-6 hours without feeling mentally exhausted for example. 

Edited by NoN-RaTiOnAL

Are you sure you got the real deal? Does your urine smell like sulphur? (like when you eat asparagus)

Try a cathione like bupropion I guess.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

One thing to note with these Indian pharma products is they're wildly inconsistent. When I first tried this stuff, I grabbed a sample pack of 4 different ones to maximize chances of finding a suitable one. Modalert came from a bunk batch (people on Reddit and elsewhere often share the batch numbers which are confirmed inactive), Modvigil gave me intense anxiety for the full day instead of energy. Waklert wasn't too bad, but still fairly unimpressive. Finally landed on Artvigil which works like a charm, the wakefulness and clarity are amazing. All this to say it's not necessarily that Modafinils don't work on you, though that's entirely possible too as others have highlighted. So keep experimenting if you're interested enough and willing to spend.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That just means modafinil doesn't works with your unique metabolism.

Not all drugs work on all people.

Modafinil is so potent when it works, it's very obvious, even half a pill.

I highly doubt that. Every other drug I've been taking in my life, prescribed included, has worked for me very well. Just like for most people. But again, you might be right. I'm just paranoid of being scammed and the pills I took weren't actually Modafinil.

3 hours ago, NoN-RaTiOnAL said:

truly suprising. 
im even suprised people here take halp a pill or a full one. 
i cant even handle more than a quater.. it gets so intense its terrifying for me

did you actually try to do some work while on it? only when i get to doing some intellectual work i notice the big difference it makes.. i can just go on for 4-6 hours without feeling mentally exhausted for example. 

Yes, I did some school work, but no difference.

Edited by StaraX

3 hours ago, Emissary said:

One thing to note with these Indian pharma products is they're wildly inconsistent. When I first tried this stuff, I grabbed a sample pack of 4 different ones to maximize chances of finding a suitable one. Modalert came from a bunk batch (people on Reddit and elsewhere often share the batch numbers which are confirmed inactive), Modvigil gave me intense anxiety for the full day instead of energy. Waklert wasn't too bad, but still fairly unimpressive. Finally landed on Artvigil which works like a charm, the wakefulness and clarity are amazing. All this to say it's not necessarily that Modafinils don't work on you, though that's entirely possible too as others have highlighted. So keep experimenting if you're interested enough and willing to spend.

Thank you for the info! I got 200 mg Modalert and received 150mg Artvigil as a free bonus. I basically have two options: I really do have a unique metabolism or the problem was in the product. Or both. To be honest, I'm getting jealous of you guys who get amazing results with Modafinil :(

6 hours ago, Francis777 said:

Are you sure you got the real deal? Does your urine smell like sulphur? (like when you eat asparagus)

I am working on getting an answer to the first question. Thank you for the anwser. And of course, I will chech my urine as well.

Edited by StaraX

Take two pills. It will work. I also feel nothing from one 💊

Try Phenibut, its modafinil on steroids.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

10 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Try Phenibut, its modafinil on steroids.

??? 

Phenibut is a depressant, it makes you feel drunk.

Have you checked the expire date? Mine went from being absolutely amazing to absolutely garbage once they expired. Mid way, two months before expire date they also made me extremely irritable.

Also don't expect substances to be as effective for you as they are for Leo... My AL- LAD trip was orders of magnitude weaker than him . Nothing  to do with his trip report video.

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

9 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

??? 

Phenibut is a depressant, it makes you feel drunk.

lol

Phenibut makes you feel like a god -- nothing makes you more socially attuned and confident.

Ive been taking it for months now, I would know.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

1 minute ago, Nilsi said:

lol

Phenibut makes you feel like a god -- nothing makes you more socially attuned and confident.

Ive been taking it for months now, I would know.

If you dont believe me, the following should be enough anecdotal evidence to support my claim: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/phenibut/top/?t=all

50 minutes ago, mmKay said:

Have you checked the expire date? Mine went from being absolutely amazing to absolutely garbage once they expired. Mid way, two months before expire date they also made me extremely irritable.

Also don't expect substances to be as effective for you as they are for Leo... My AL- LAD trip was orders of magnitude weaker than him . Nothing  to do with his trip report video.

Yes, I checked the expiration date and it was fine. I took the first pill the next morning after the medication was delivered to my door.

You're right, I shouldn't compare my results with Leos or anybody elses. However, people all over the world, especially in the biohacking community, praise Modafinil, and a lot of them say that one Armodafinil pill is "too powerful". And like I said earlier, yesterday morning I took one 150 mg Artvigil pill, and I literally felt nothing.