Spiritual Warrior

What is infinity?

42 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Spiritual Warrior said:

There is something wise about your statements here, thank you. I want to address something though, asking questions to the outside world is the same thing as asking questions to myself. All of us on the forum are the exact same, we are one massive unit. 

There have been so many times here on this forum that someone will state something and I'll just know intuitively that this is worth taking a look at. For example one forum member keeps talking about paradoxes and counter intuitiveness and I just know that this is an important aspect in my life and I move towards it.

All of these coincidences are leading to the same place, and you're right we must surrender the mind to something greater, but you also have to start with asking intelligent questions with your mind in order to get to that point, thats the paradox of it. One cannot just turn off his mind.. go ahead and try it. 

On the most fundamental level we are all the same, we all breath, desire, have egos, and even more fundamentally we are all Life, but on other levels, like the level we are functioning at here on this forum, we are NOT the same, as it is all ideologies, concepts and mental games and egos at play here. So when it comes to general things like how to know the true nature of what we are, we can say certain things/methods apply to ALL, like are you sitting right, breathing right, thinking right, understanding right, being now right or past/future orientated, etc... but we specifics, like what is the nature of this thing we label as Infinity, there are no answers anyone can give you to leads to truth, it is something you can not understand, but you can experience..Understanding intellectually is only to develop curiousity within the Spritual path so one eventually does the real work or Sadhana to know Truth that is always within themselves..

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

2 hours ago, Bogdan said:

Of course there is God - I am God. I am God, and I am a dream. It's a strange loop. God "creating" = God being = God dreaming etc

Well, I'm not that sure. existence exists, that's for sure, but the word god implies deliberate will, a creator who makes things. Reality is intelligence, that's for sure, but will? God means above all omnipotence. I would say that reality is not omnipotent, in fact it is quite impotent. Infinity is limited, and what limits it, paradoxically, is its infinitude.

Reality cannot not be, it cannot not move, it cannot be limited, in all yang there must be yin. Reality is perpetual movement in which everything is organized in a cyclical manner without being able to escape its nature. God doesn't do anything, it is. It rotates on itself infinitely, like an infinite ocean exposed to infinite tides. It doesn't get bored or go on adventures, it exists, and existing is this, now

@Breakingthewall The word "God" is a bad word to use, it has too many misinterpretations, and individual definitions nowadays. When I hear that word, what pops into my head is the God of the bible, a supreme being of sorts in another realm that is the creator of the universe and supposedly loves every human but demands you obedience and wants you to love him, which is nuts...much better to use the word Life, Source, Grand Intelligence, Brahaman, as its non personified and not about judgement or slavery...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

@Spiritual Warrior if you not even what the video of the founder of the Forum what are you coming here to ask OTHERS about infinity

Lazy you are, Watch more, Contemplate more and Trip More, Alone you get there, Infinity is what you are before you start to conceptualize stuff

15 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Well, I'm not that sure. existence exists, that's for sure, but the word god implies deliberate will, a creator who makes things. Reality is intelligence, that's for sure, but will? God means above all omnipotence. I would say that reality is not omnipotent, in fact it is quite impotent. Infinity is limited, and what limits it, paradoxically, is its infinitude.

Reality cannot not be, it cannot not move, it cannot be limited, in all yang there must be yin. Reality is perpetual movement in which everything is organized in a cyclical manner without being able to escape its nature. God doesn't do anything, it is. It rotates on itself infinitely, like an infinite ocean exposed to infinite tides. It doesn't get bored or go on adventures, it exists, and existing is this, now

I understand what you're saying. But you are incorrect. You are still stumbling in relative and absolute notions. Of course infinity can limit itself - precisely because it's omnipotent. What do you think your current human life is? Reality cannot not Be Absolutely - but that is not because it's a finite thing that NEEDS relative existence - it has Absolute Existence, which is not at all like relative existence. It is a mystical, transcendent Existence, which is reserved only to infinity itself!

As for relative non existence - it imagines, (or selects from within itself) dimensions, time, finite beings, existence and the IDEA of non-existence. That's how Reality can experience being or not being, moving or not moving etc.

But Reality itself is not a relative "thing" that can be in a binary state, such as moving or not moving

Wrapping your mind around Infinity is like trying to bite a bowling ball while running across the lane.

No, you won’t meet a chicken on the other side.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

@Spiritual Warrior if you not even what the video of the founder of the Forum what are you coming here to ask OTHERS about infinity

Lazy you are, Watch more, Contemplate more and Trip More, Alone you get there, Infinity is what you are before you start to conceptualize stuff

You have to start somewhere my brother 

Also, I'm not asking just for me, I'm asking for all of us 

Trying to explain it or contemplate it is in itself a learning experience

For someone that knows what infinity is, try to explain it to a human being, that is the real challenge 

Edited by Spiritual Warrior

4 hours ago, Ishanga said:

@Breakingthewall The word "God" is a bad word to use, it has too many misinterpretations, and individual definitions nowadays. When I hear that word, what pops into my head is the God of the bible, a supreme being of sorts in another realm that is the creator of the universe and supposedly loves every human but demands you obedience and wants you to love him, which is nuts...much better to use the word Life, Source, Grand Intelligence, Brahaman, as its non personified and not about judgement or slavery...

when the word god is used in this forum it refers to: I am god and I am creating reality. I am, like the consciousness that is at this moment. This is indisputable, reality exists, this moment exists and it could be said that this experience, this consciousness or current existence is me, therefore I am reality. everything ok. The problem for me comes in the next part: I am creating reality. So I am something that at a given moment I do an action, create, and a result appears, reality, to which we give the category of dream, since it is my creation and what I am is, let's say, an infinite mind. This mind projects images that are what appears in this experience, which is imaginary. I think this is a wrong, limited, dualistic and egoic vision. but of course I could be wrong, anyone can, we are minds trying to grasp the structure of reality. This is a hobby, it is really unnecessary, what is necessary is to capture the essence of reality, and this is easier, since you are it. Open yourself to it and it will manifest. Calling it infinite love is quite accurate.

but the structure of the infinite... let's see, what I have grasped in states of a certain depth is that the absence of limits, which is really nothing, inevitably causes everything to exist. This "everything" is here and now always, this moment is unlimited, it contains the infinite, and this infinity is like a living ocean, we can call this god if you want but this god is not someone who wants things, it is total reality in perpetual motion. It is inevitable, intelligent, alive and unfathomable, but it is not creating anything, nothing can be created, everything is, they are forms that arise in the cyclical and eternal rotation of the infinite. Infinity is total freedom because it has no limits, but it is not someone who wants something, but something that exists and flows. For me the difference is big

1 hour ago, Spiritual Warrior said:

For someone that knows what infinity is, try to explain it to a human being, that is the real challenge 

Nobody knows what infinity is, better to be humble, we have glimpses, but all perception is veiled. mystical states are brief and deception blends easily. someone who wants to see should have a completely free mind. Psychedelics can help but also deceive. I believe that it can be a path that leads humans to great openness and happiness, but dogmas and the struggle of egos must be discarded.

It is not a state or experience in the future, or some elusive boogeyman. It is just exactly your current experience. You are always infinite, but humans have the capacity to think that they are not infinite. There is nothing finite aside from your thoughts about experience. Realizing that you cannot think about yourself is realizing yourself as infinite.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, tuku747 said:

Infinity is.

PhotoFunia-1704593716.jpg

Edited by tuku747

finitude is an experienced life, the price of admission to a world, everything is one thing after another, infinity is beyond my pay grade, i sacrificed it for an illusionary world, illusions are finite

the false is finite, the true is infinite

due to this you know you're going home

no hurry

Posted (edited)

On 1/6/2024 at 5:07 AM, Spiritual Warrior said:

To anyone that has awoken to infinity, can you try to explain it with human words

This will help me unlock the key to the next door 

That is what everyone on this planet is constantly asking. 

They will never have the answer, because it is infinity, it is unanswerable. There is always another thing.

People can see this as a positive, in that there is always something else to learn. No concept is ever fully understood, because there is an infinite number of things to consider.

People can see this as a negative, in that you can't ever understand infinity. You are infinity.

Edited by BlueOak

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, Spiritual Warrior said:

If infinity is finite, and infinity is inexplainable, then finite is inexplainable

Yes. That is exactly the duality that splits human minds.

We see a difference between each individual thing. We point to all the differences to say its finite. When that thing itself is infinite, and has an infinite amount of considerations, variables, uses, etc etc etc.

Edited by BlueOak

22 hours ago, Bogdan said:

But you are incorrect. You are still stumbling in relative and absolute notions. Of course infinity can limit itself - precisely because it's omnipotent.

Ah, you know everything. More than Buddha right? Because you watched some videos in YouTube and you ve done some psychedelics? It is better to keep an open mind to the possibility that all those stories we see in the videos are just stories. 

@Breakingthewall i was actually looking forward to hearing your counter-argument. Sorry for being too aggressive and killing the conversation.

On 1/6/2024 at 3:27 PM, Breakingthewall said:

5 minutes ago, Bogdan said:

@Breakingthewall i was actually looking forward to hearing your counter-argument. Sorry for being too aggressive and killing the conversation.

I did in my answer to ishanga

23 hours ago, Bogdan said:

but that is not because it's a finite thing that NEEDS relative existence - it has Absolute Existence, which is not at all like relative existence. It is a mystical, transcendent Existence, which is reserved only to infinity itself!

This existence, now, is absolute, I suppose you are aware of that from what you said in your first post. That is, this is infinity, but what we are trying to see is how infinity is structured, if the word structure fits.

According to Leo, the structure of infinity is that I am God and the things I perceive are a dream that I produce to deceive myself for fun, like a video game. There was never a Big Bang or Evolution, the First World War is a story invented by me as a god to give credibility to the setting that is reality, made for fun, and the limitations are so that the game is not boring, without challenge. I see this explanation full of limits, and the main limit is: I am creating reality. This establishes a limit between me and reality, however you explain it. According to Leo this is not the case since reality is not real, it is imaginary. but what is the difference between real and imaginary? What if I close my eyes, what I see no longer exists? All this is limited, things are not like that at all (in my humble opinion) and how are they?

Well, from what I have seen, there is no actor who performs a creative action, this is almost certainly an egoic projection. Reality is God, God is not a guy who gets bored or a mind that imagines, it is the totality, the inevitable infinite total ocean, and this ocean inevitably moves, flows without pause, eternally, and this flow is this, but there is more than what you see, there is everything, and it is cyclical, naturally tending to organize itself in more and more complex and intelligent patterns, since its intelligence has no limits, but it also has no form

57 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Ah, you know everything. More than Buddha right? Because you watched some videos in YouTube and you ve done some psychedelics? It is better to keep an open mind to the possibility that all those stories we see in the videos are just stories. 

Everthing Your 5 senses bring into Your brain, especially the intellectual stuff from hearing and seeing, from videos, books, lectures and so forth, it may be reality and truth from whomever it is coming from, but its a story for You, this is where belief begins and leads us down roads we shouldn't go, only when its a real experience for You alone does it become reality and not a story of sorts..Ultimate reality is "God", but there are levels to reality that come when material/physical existence and duality come into play. If all we ever had was God realization as our experience, humans would not exist or care about surival in any way, therefore we have those living like animals today and those living like Gods today, levels of experience and realization are definitely the reality, we are possibility/potentiality machines, its our ability to use our Free Will to decide with Awareness how we want to be and how Realized we are here and now..

Posted (edited)

34 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

Everthing Your 5 senses bring into Your brain, especially the intellectual stuff from hearing and seeing, from videos, books, lectures and so forth, it may be reality and truth from whomever it is coming from, but its a story for You, this is where belief begins and leads us down roads we shouldn't go, only when its a real experience for You alone does it become reality and not a story of sorts..Ultimate reality is "God", but there are levels to reality that come when material/physical existence and duality come into play. If all we ever had was God realization as our experience, humans would not exist or care about surival in any way, therefore we have those living like animals today and those living like Gods today, levels of experience and realization are definitely the reality, we are possibility/potentiality machines, its our ability to use our Free Will to decide with Awareness how we want to be and how Realized we are here and now..

enlightenment or awakening or whatever you want to call it is realizing what the reality is.  This does not mean knowing what the structure of reality is. Realizing what reality is is something beyond comprehension, it is removing all the veils and opening yourself to formless existence, this is unthinkable, you do it and 5 minutes later you are closed to it.

This does not mean that you understand how and why this now is the way that it is and what will happen next since understanding is something that is within existence and in the end is irrelevant, but we still want to understand and there is nothing wrong with that. I think it  is possible to a fairly profound degree but to do so we have to empty the mind completely first, without any trace of any idea. 

Edited by Breakingthewall