MellowEd

Do I have a soul? Is there an physical afterlife?

59 posts in this topic

I have been searching for truth in the spiritual realm and realised that there is spirits. This is interesting and i wonder what they are.

I noticed having thoughts that are not mine, weird dreams and even voices in the room.

This makes me wonder about my soul. It also makes me think about God. 

I found this video on youtube, he seems to be genuine? Thought on his testimony?

Edited by MellowEd

You are Consciousness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

What does that mean? Yes i am aware that i am something, this makes me worried about my soul. You are saying that if there is a creator he is also the creation? 

I asked God in the name of Jesus to reveal himself to me, His voice would make you tremble! 

When God speaks to his prophets in the bible is he speaking to himself? 

Edited by MellowEd

What if nothing dosen't exist? Its heaven or hell.

I found some interesting bible verses about who God is according to the bible:

»one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.«
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4‬:‭6‬ 

»I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”«
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22‬:‭13‬

Jesus claimed to be God born from a virgin, all knowing, whitout sin, who died for me. I can't claim to be God as i am not all knowing or whitout sin. I am a creation inside the creator who has rules for life. 

If God is only good and he is everywhere it would make sense to destroy the parts of the creation that choose with it's free will to do evil? If everything is possible for God it should be possible for him to seperate himself from his creation also. 

»And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.«
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭10‬:‭28‬

Edited by MellowEd

23 minutes ago, MellowEd said:

If everything is possible for God it should be possible for him to seperate himself from his creation also. 

Sure, everything is possible, including being limited. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I have read alot of sciptures and lately ive been studying the bible. 

The coherency and accuracy regarding prophesies being fullfiled is baffling. AI and the mark of the beast fits our time so accurately, it's strange how this doesn't get much attention. 

I would love for Leo to make a video on the teachings of Jesus or a video on the Holy Bible in general, as it stand out from all other religious texts.

God claims that the one who follow him will get his spirit and a holy body in a new world. I hope for this to be true. The state of the world seems to be selfish and evil.

The bible seems to be true wich makes me worried about my own and the soul of the people i love. Take a look at theese two verses:

»in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,«
‭‭2 Thessalonians‬ ‭1‬:‭8‬-‭9‬

I have found no other books like it. Check out this picture it's out of this world!

C8AF3A0C-653B-4591-A2C2-27605044A791.png

Edited by MellowEd

Consciousness is what you are. Not soul.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

The concept of a soul is not as attractive once you realize it's the dying process you fear, not what happens after. But sure, there could be a string of memories from other lives associated with this body-mind that would imply the concept of a soul, but still, that doesn't make you overcome the fear of dying (which is what most people use the belief in the soul to cope with). That is what the real spiritual quest is about.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

When you are ignorant of your nature as God it's not like you seize to be God. However, God is still deluding itself in the form of you as a human ego. Due to this, it would reform itself after physical death. God could reform itself as anything, depends on a lot of factors.

Reincarnation is true and so is heaven and hell. Your 'soul' is simply this all pervading conciousness. Your soul is paradoxically entirely impersonal.

Posted (edited)

I think you have a soul. Ultimately your soul is God but I believe you have another identity before reaching God. Like God put a sock puppet on his hand then put another sock puppet on his hand. You being the second sock puppet you die and see you were another sock puppet and then take the 1st one off and see you are just God. This allows for God to have his way with you and it mean something.

Edited by Hojo

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

The concept of a soul is not as attractive once you realize it's the dying process you fear, not what happens after. But sure, there could be a string of memories from other lives associated with this body-mind that would imply the concept of a soul, but still, that doesn't make you overcome the fear of dying (which is what most people use the belief in the soul to cope with). That is what the real spiritual quest is about.

I feel like you are projecting your fear of dying onto me, I have had multiple near death experiencess and been out of the body several times. For me dying is a win, as I know where i am going. It's not nothing afterwards i guarantee you that. God is not in a coma, you are not God. On one occasion God allowed me to see my soul. We are not just flesh, being one with everything. A soul have colour and shine different than any light from the dimension we are in. 

Edited by MellowEd

5 hours ago, Swarnim said:

When you are ignorant of your nature as God it's not like you seize to be God. However, God is still deluding itself in the form of you as a human ego. Due to this, it would reform itself after physical death. God could reform itself as anything, depends on a lot of factors.

Reincarnation is true and so is heaven and hell. Your 'soul' is simply this all pervading conciousness. Your soul is paradoxically entirely impersonal.

»“You must not make any idols. Don’t make any statues or pictures of anything up in the sky or of anything on the earth or of anything down in the water. Don’t worship or serve idols of any kind, because I, the Lord, am your God. I hate my people worshiping other gods. People who sin against me become my enemies, and I will punish them. And I will punish their children, their grandchildren, and even their great-grandchildren.«
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭20‬:‭4‬-‭5‬ 

Seems to me that you are just making up a God of your own fitting then claiming to be it wich is nothing. God has made you with a conscience of good and bad. Its so ignorant to claim that you are the one creating. With our free will we have sinned agains God's rules for life, therefore we are dying. We are not animals or evolved from anything, I used to believe this until God showed me otherwise. 

Its not like you could unravel the ego until you become God, all knowing, all powerfull. God says I am. You are made in his image, so you are also. That does not mean that you are God or nothing. That would be an extremely folish claim. God will judge you and it wont be you judging yourself, nor can you escape this by hoping to be a donkey. 

»Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.«
‭‭James‬ ‭3‬:‭1‬

I dare anyone to watch one hour of this video and still claim monkey. 

The Mystic Gurdjieff had a rather sobering view in regard to one having a soul. This aphorism condenses. His view.

Blessed is he who has a soul, blessed is he who has none, but woe and grief to him who has it in embryo.

He claimed that humans on Earth are here to develop and complete their soul. That for the most part we are born with only a starter kit of a soul. One of the main tasks in this view is to purify the emotional center. This requires not being reactive towards whoever or whatever pushes our buttons. We are responsible for our negativity regardless of what happens. The task is to fully feel whatever we experience but not bitch, complain, or verbally attack another human or animal. I continually fail at this task.....

In regard to this idea, Arnold Keyserling said an interesting thing one time. If a person could go for two years (the orbit of Mars) without reacting in anger. They would never feel a negative emotion towards anyone for the rest of their life. This condition might correlate with the state of consciousness called Christ Consciousness or nondual consciousness as described by Jim Marion, Ken Wilber and others.

Gurdjieff's work is sometimes referred to as the Fourth Way or Esoteric Christianity. I heard a Teacher of the Fourth Way once say that it is for losers. One must be a complete loser and totally disillusioned with life to be ready to enter The Fourth Way... Seeing and experiencing the uselessness of materialism and other worldviews,

There are different lineages which vary in their view of the Teaching. Gurdjieff taught reincarnation in a way and said if a soul doesn't reach purification and completion within the time frame of the life of a Solar system. The partial soul will disintegrate.

This is all rather depressing, isn't it,,,,,?

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, MellowEd said:

I feel like you are projecting your fear of dying onto me, I have had multiple near death experiencess and been out of the body several times. For me dying is a win, as I know where i am going. It's not nothing afterwards i guarantee you that. God is not in a coma, you are not God. On one occasion God allowed me to see my soul.

That was not my intention. It's just that the idea of a soul becomes less attractive once you realize that it's the process of the flesh (and the accompanying egoic identification) leaving you which is what you fear (if you indeed fear it), not the existence beyond the flesh. The "you" that you fear losing (your limited identity) is going to be lost, at least temporarily, and that is the case irrespective of there being a soul or not. I don't think the process of dying involves some astral version of you causally ascending out of your body with your normal sense of self intact and floating to some concrete astral realm where you wait for the next incarnation or heavenly realm. It's a much more expansive, mind-altering and non-spatio-temporal experience than that (and maybe you'll agree since you say you've had near-death experiences).

4 hours ago, MellowEd said:

We are not just flesh, being one with everything. A soul have colour and shine different than any light from the dimension we are in. 

We are not just flesh, but we are also one with everything. Oneness has nothing to do with flesh in particular. Oneness has to do with everything.

Edited by Carl-Richard

@MellowEd

On 2023-12-31 at 6:28 PM, MellowEd said:

I have been searching for truth in the spiritual realm and realised that there is spirits. This is interesting and i wonder what they are.

I noticed having thoughts that are not mine, weird dreams and even voices in the room.

I found this video on youtube, he seems to be genuine? Thought on his testimony?

Here are my thoughts, disregarding the forum culture here:

Yes, spirits and the paranormal/supernatural exists IMO, at least from what I've experienced so far. Yes, souls exists regardless of what most people think here, because that explains the subjective experiences of those dreams as your soul traveling to different parts for exploration., into places with wonky physics and different logic structures.

You can check out my thread here:

@MellowEd

On 2023-12-31 at 6:28 PM, MellowEd said:

Besides the spiritual context here, in the body language/verbal/discourse/statement context, my first impressions is he's a good communicator, good tonality and good body language communication of his beliefs and experiences. Lots of referring to the bible and it's passages, hopeful tonality. Pacing of speech is also fast, almost like Destiny or Ben Shapiro with that quick delivery and also deep chesty breathing which makes sense to me even though chest breathing could be interpreted as distress and the body needing more oxygen it makes sense here as he's speaking quickly and with energy, good punctuations and inflexes on certain words. Overall I do feel he's quite persuasive in communication, and factoring in discourse and presentation of his setting, him talking to Christians like this it makes sense for him to speak and behave like this non-verbally. I detect very little deception or defensiveness from him, I think he's telling the truth of his experiences, so his experiences are genuine to him, and I detect very little incongruence of his baseline to his audience, definitely an experienced speaker so pretty decent to me.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's just that the idea of a soul becomes less attractive once you realize that it's the process of the flesh

You are assuming you don't have a soul. I know 100% that you do! No matter how long you sit still or do self inquiry you will always be. Made in His image He is. Your faith and hope is in nothing instead of God. You try to claim yourself righteous. Injustice is evil and since God is good he must judge you. The world has revolted against God, therefore we all fall short of God's glorious standard. If your theory is wrong the consequence of rejecting God's mercy and your only redemption would be severe.

Do you assume that the one who formed the mouth can't speak ?

»Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save, or his ear dull, that it cannot hear; but your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear.«
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭59‬:‭1‬-‭2‬

Edited by MellowEd

@MellowEd

3 minutes ago, MellowEd said:

You are assuming you don't have a soul. I know 100% that you do! No matter how long you sit still or do self inquiry you will always be. Made in His image He is. Your faith and hope is nothing instead of God. You try to claim yourself righteous. Injustice is evil and since God is good he must judge you. The world has revolted against God, therefore we all fall short of God's glorious standard. If your theory is wrong the consequence of rejecting Gods mercy and your only redemption would be severe.

Do you assume that the one who formed the mouth cant speak ?

»Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save, or his ear dull, that it cannot hear; but your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear.«
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭59‬:‭1‬-‭2‬

In another context, say in a Uniciv game, or Civ 1,2,3,4 or 5 game, you're like this great prophet unit designed in the game to spread a religion within your own friendly city state territory. However, in this forum, this isn't friendly territory, and this forum talks more about Self actualization, philosophy, metaphysics, epistemology, psychology, spirituality, non-duality and other advanced concepts, basically 'unfriendly territory' for you as an enemy city state, which diminishes your spread percentage rate here.

44 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@MellowEd

Here are my thoughts, disregarding the forum culture here:

Yes, spirits and the paranormal/supernatural exists IMO, at least from what I've experienced so far. Yes, souls exists regardless of what most people think here, because that explains the subjective experiences of those dreams as your soul traveling to different parts for exploration., into places with wonky physics and different logic structures.

You can check out my thread here:

That is for sure something diabolical. I used to have faith in familiar spirits being good and sought them out. In reality it's demons trying to lead people astray. Later on i had to seek help from an exorcist. Levitation during excorsism occurs. Makes me wonder about all those levitating monks. 

Not saying there is no good spirits. My soul was once draged out by an angel as i was getting out of bed. I could not see anything except bright white light and the outline of his being far away. He spoke one word to me in an angelic tounge. No idea if it is possible to utter it in this world as the word "faded" as soon as i were back in my body. It was such a profound word, positive with multiple meanings to it. Kinda like three sentences compressed into one word. 

I asked God once what the pyramids was and He gave me a vision of how humans used to possess themself in their foolishness and greed inside tombs. Later on they would ship these sarcophagus as idols around the world, like a business. In the vision egyptians sailed to the norwegian coast line to sell them as "gods". When they were opend destruction scattered around the area. Hence norse mythology. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, MellowEd said:

You are assuming you don't have a soul.

No. I think it's likely we have a soul, but I'm saying that what it entails is different from what most people would believe.

Edited by Carl-Richard