Someone here

I finally understand solipsism!

162 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Someone here said:

I know I'm contradicting myself a lot about this solipsism stuff...but please guys hear me out ..I think I finally got a grip on the truth about solipsism. 

You see ..I'm conscious right now ..I'm conscious..that Is undeniable. But others are literally images in my consciousness.  I know I'm looking through my eyes ..but no one is looking through other's eyes because that's not in direct experience. 

You see?  If consciousness is fundamental to reality and consciousness is everything then there is no escaping the solipsistic implications of this. 

I don't know who I'm talking to right now.  But it replies so it's fun... I guess :D..so there is absolutely zero point in making this thread.  Once you know the truth you will shut up forever and maybe go live in a cave a lone in your solipsistic bubble of god consciousness. 

I mean I struggle to accept this but Sorry to break it to you ..as God..you have absolute consciousness.

You and I are not "alive" at the same time. Both of our lifetimes were imagined at once and then God decided to watch them like films..one frame at a time.

You are god imagining everything into bein.gretroactively past and future. The present moment is one and has always existed.

Think of this.

Really contemplate what "others " are .

Sure but still makes others relatively seperate and having their own experience. Yes it’s all happening at once, now, time is the illusion but others are still seeing out of their eyes even though they are you

1 hour ago, BlessedLion said:

Sure but still makes others relatively seperate and having their own experience. Yes it’s all happening at once, now, time is the illusion but others are still seeing out of their eyes even though they are you

What about blind people. Are they seeing out of their eyes?

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

4 hours ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

No, this is impossible, I am ready a cardbox solopsistic being existing forvever in my cardy boxy infinite world, go find another finite form

_117a1d70-0a0f-4c43-a610-c4ba042e6480.jpeg.jpg

This had me lol

8 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

You and I are not alive at same time is not right. You are the one imagining me being alive somewhere. God is looking through your eyes only. Others and their stories are made in YOUR MIND.

Aren't you contracting yourself here ?

8 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

One day, maybe one day...you´ll see how pointless is to be constantly running in circles trying to grasp Reality thinking.

Solipsism, not solipsism, infinite povs, my pov, etc... Is all the same games. mind Games. No one is interesting in opening a different dimension.

The ego is at is fullest. You are not doing actual spirituality my friend.  

Spiritual work is discovering truth . If a question is itching you ..you should spend nights and days trying to solve it . And this is not ego.  This is your genuine desire to wake the fuck up . You do need theory at first .of course as I said once you do awaken all of the questions in the world will be laughable . But don't get too ahead of yourself. 

4 hours ago, OBEler said:

My opinion in this: Yes in your space time you are the only one. But we can synchronize so If my space time Matches with yours we can have an Interaction and you will See me in your mind and I will See you in my mind. What happens If I travel into the past? That never happens. I am in the now always. OK when I dream now being in ww2 and talking to a solider on the beach, IT IS highly probably that this solider is Not conscious at the other end.just an Image in my mind. No syncronization with another god. But when another god decides to be this solider right now on the beach, there could be a real Interaction happen betweeen two conscious beings. How can i recognize that ? Well, you dont know.

It's very simple my friend..the same consciousness is looking through our eyes .either simultaneously or at different timeliness.  I am you .either simultaneously or in different lives . The bottom line is there is only you ..which is equivalent to me .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

All you see as an ego is illusion. All you feel as God is true.

Elaborate please. 

-Osho

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

Spiritual work is discovering truth . If a question is itching you ..you should spend nights and days trying to solve it . And this is not ego.  This is your genuine desire to wake the fuck up . You do need theory at first .of course as I said once you do awaken all of the questions in the world will be laughable . But don't get too ahead of yourself. 

It's very simple my friend..the same consciousness is looking through our eyes .either simultaneously or at different timeliness.  I am you .either simultaneously or in different lives . The bottom line is there is only you ..which is equivalent to me .

What about blind people, what's looking through their blind eyes.  What about when the eyes are closed. 

@Princess Arabia blind or not blind ..everyone is YOU and is either experiencing sight or blindness . 

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Princess Arabia blind or not blind ..everyone is YOU and is either experiencing sight or blindness . 

I didn't ask you that. I'm aware of that. You said looking through your eyes. So I'm asking who or what is looking through a blind person's eyes. I am genuinely asking this question as I use to say the same thing about whatever is looking through your eyes is looking through my eyes. But this doesn't makes sense to me when referring to a blind person or when the eyes are closed. If someone can answer this for me I'd appreciate it.

2 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

So I'm asking who or what is looking through a blind person's eyes

You. 

Simple..right? 

-Osho

12 hours ago, Someone here said:

I know I'm contradicting myself a lot about this solipsism stuff...but please guys hear me out ..I think I finally got a grip on the truth about solipsism. 

You see ..I'm conscious right now ..I'm conscious..that Is undeniable. But others are literally images in my consciousness. 

No it seems you still have it wrong.  You have to come to the realization first that the self is illusory.  Then in a separate awakening you can realize that others are illusory- collapsing the self/other duality.   What God is, what you are, is Pure Divine Consciousness itself.  All points of view, even that of your own as an ego , are imaginary.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You. 

Simple..right? 

It's not as simple as "you". The answer is probably simple but saying "you" doesn't clarify anything 

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

No it seems you still have it wrong.  You have to come to the realization first that the self is illusory.  Then in a separate awakening you can realize that others are illusory- collapsing the self/other duality.   What God is, what you are, is Pure Divine Consciousness itself.  All points of view, even that of your own as an ego , are imaginary.

If the self is "illusory" then who is gonna have separate additional awakenings ?

If you stick to the noself stuff ..then wgar you are Really saying there is  nobody home in all of existence. There are no selves.  So that would be the end.  

There cannot be awakening even to noself if there is no self  .

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

If the self is "illusory" then who is gonna have separate additional awakenings ?

If you stick to the noself stuff ..then wgar you are Really saying there is  nobody home in all of existence. There are no selves.  So that would be the end.  

There cannot be awakening even to noself if there is no self  .

The Self with a capital S.  But this isn't the ego.  Right now you are in an egoic state of consciousness. That's the difference.  When I'm saying self/other I mean ego self or relative self not Absolute Self.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

The Self with a capital S.  But this isn't the ego.  Right now you are in an egoic state of consciousness. That's the difference.  When I'm saying self/other I mean ego self or relative self not Absolute Self.  

true Self? As pure awareness? Or what exactly? 

Is the true Self a thing ?and at what point is there not the true Self? How do you arrive at a distinction of what is not the true self and what is ?  (Sincerely trying to understand your comment) .

Nonduality or Advaita literally means "Not-Two ". So there is no false self and true Self . That's a duality that is not based on direct experience. 

However..let's just take the Self you are referring to...is there others to that self?or is it the only thing in existence by virtue of being infinite and all-encompassing?  And how does that relate to solipsism specifically? 

-Osho

You only figure out solipsism when you figure out that it's a belief. 

Nihilism, solipsism, alcoholism... none of it is Truth. Being conscious right now has nothing to do with any ideology, any belief, any condition, any state, any 'ism'.

It's effortless and it does not mean anything.

2 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

You only figure out solipsism when you figure out that it's a belief. 

Nihilism, solipsism, alcoholism... none of it is Truth. Being conscious right now has nothing to do with any ideology, any belief, any condition, any state, any 'ism'.

It's effortless and it does not mean anything.

Hi ivan..thanks for jumping in ..

I wonder ..in your direct experience right now of being conscious..is there a clear boundary between 'you ' and ' other '?

If we nail all concepts on the cross them even the boundary between you and the physical world dissolves .

Actually the present moment is 100% clear that consciousness (which is you) is the only thing that exists .

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Yeah we discuss technical Details.  Fundamentally we agree, there is only you. You are me and I am you. And still we both dont get it. We are just doing philosophy, lets be honest here.

Edited by OBEler

2 minutes ago, Vibes said:

Are you sure you're behind your eyes somewhere?

This tells me you don't get it. Because to be an entity behind eyes is ego state of consciousness. You have to realize you're not behind eyes and that the visual field is inside you.

It's an amazing simple but effective trick / illusion trapping you as being inside a body behind eyes. You got thoughts of a body / face appearing nowhere / somewhere, you got sensations appearing nowhere / somewhere, you have the visual field inside consciousness, you got sounds inside consciousness. You can hear something from miles away, but there's no distance cause the sounds appear in consciousness.

The whole thing you call body appears inside consciousness just like your room. Or you could say it's all a Mind and you ain't inside any body, the body is inside Mind.

That's what I've been trying to get answered. I knew there was something wrong with that statement because it didn't make sense when you either think of the blind or eyes closed. Even the deaf, no hands, no feet, extra fingers, no taste buds.....all of it. When you start to contemplate certain things, new insights gets revealed. This is one of them for me.

3 minutes ago, OBEler said:

Yeah we discuss technical Details.  Fundamentally we agree, there is only you. You are me and I am you.

Who are you?

3 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Who are you?

The classic question xD

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI