Noahsteelers34

Going out alone in college/ finding wingmen

63 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Wisebaxter said:

@Princess Arabia Fair enough lol. I created that image using AI. Sounds like you'd be intrigued though...what's his story? :D 

Oh how about this guy? 

OIG (9).jpeg

Looks like the guy from American Psycho movie who kept looking in the mirror while having sex.

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

@Wisebaxter In my experience, people are usually not going to initiate interactions with you. Any girl I have every dated, I had to make myself important to her by taking initiative. She may think you look mysterious but that doesn't mean shes gonna come over and talk to you.

13 hours ago, mmKay said:

Why is he drinking a shot with a straw?

It’s a straw man.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

7 hours ago, Noahsteelers34 said:

@Wisebaxter In my experience, people are usually not going to initiate interactions with you. Any girl I have every dated, I had to make myself important to her by taking initiative. She may think you look mysterious but that doesn't mean shes gonna come over and talk to you.

@Noahsteelers34 Yeah you have a point. I'm not one to give advice here really as I've never used this approach. I just use dating apps as I find it less intimidating and less effort. Might be less enjoyable though. I would like to have a good wingman too. Shame I don't live down your way, we could go out and slay

Edited by Wisebaxter

On 12/24/2023 at 4:34 AM, Wisebaxter said:

I say chill, look confident and let them come to you.

OIG (3).jpeg

I feel like all that’s gonna do is turn you into the guy on the right in this picture 

8E32CF0A-C6BE-4B8D-9D0A-A5FF94493637.jpeg

Edited by Emotionalmosquito

3 minutes ago, Miguel1 said:

What exactly is stopping you from rolling solo?

I do most of my game solo and it’s the fucking best.

Think of someone who mastered a video game. Do you really, really think that this person was able to master the game all on their own, or did they also have someone else guiding them and helping them work on their blind spots?  Yes, even masters have blind spots, no matter how small they are.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

13 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Think of someone who mastered a video game. Do you really, really think that this person was able to master the game all on their own, or did they also have someone else guiding them and helping them work on their blind spots?  Yes, even masters have blind spots, no matter how small they are.

You can have other people show you how to do stuff, learn passively at first and gather information, but when the time comes to do the work to get results, it's only you that can get the job done.

Edited by Princess Arabia

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

22 minutes ago, Miguel1 said:

I do most of my game solo and its the fucking best.

That's what people don't understand. If you're going out to try to meet people, going solo is best. For men, wingmen are there to emulate, to copy from, to study which you can do from a distance. For women, guys approach women who are by themselves quicker than if she was with other girlfriends.

6 hours ago, Miguel1 said:

I do most of my game solo and its the fucking best.

That is interesting. Could you elaborate on your experience going out solo? 

6 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

That's what people don't understand. If you're going out to try to meet people, going solo is best. For men, wingmen are there to emulate, to copy from, to study which you can do from a distance. For women, guys approach women who are by themselves quicker than if she was with other girlfriends.

I think for me, a wingman would only be good if they were as focused and serious at improving as I was. Otherwise, they will just distract me and drag me down. Its probably more for a booste for morale and motivation when things arent going your way, or helping make things fun; although you can argue that you will grow more learning to do those things on your own.

6 hours ago, Yimpa said:

I think this is true if you want to get to an elite level of any activity. But imagine if someone wanted to learn basketball, and they didn't go out and shoot hoops because they couldn't find a "basketball wingman", or didn't want to pay tons of money for basketball coaching. You can obviously get really good just playing pickup basketball and teaching yourself. 

7 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Social skills is not rocket science. It's not some hard technical thing like building a video game.

Connect with me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/miguetran

58 minutes ago, Miguel1 said:

Social skills is not rocket science. It's not some hard technical thing like building a video game.

The human mind likes to complicate things. Experience is the best teacher in this domain and lots of practice. 

10 minutes ago, Noahsteelers34 said:

The short answer is talk to everyone you see and build up your social state. And spread that fun energy.

Connect with me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/miguetran

13 hours ago, Noahsteelers34 said:

@Miguel1 @Noahsteelers34 Just to help out, I'd imagine it looks something like this: 

OIG (11).jpeg

And also an image of you, based on your profile pic, doing the same thing:

OIG.4CnOBMUhS8.jpeg

Edited by Wisebaxter

I don't get this, because it sounds pretty stupid to me, so maybe I'm missing something and you can explain it to me.

You're a student at a large university (which I assume is a party school.)

...and you're thinking about cold approach game...at bars? Huh...

Why are you doing the hardest thing you can possibly do?

What about social circle game? Girls from your classes? Frat parties (even dorks have frats)?

College is the time to network and socialize and meet girls the easy way.

Like, wtf? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills on this thread...

@SeaMonster yeah sorry I don’t feel like paying thousand of dollars in dues to join a frat, plus since I’m a 2nd semester junior so they would give you a bid anyways. Frats here are closed to outsiders meaning you either have to be in one of the frats or be a girl. 

I have a decent social circle but that doesn’t get me the results I want. I think you are missing the point here. It’s not to get laid, it’s because I want to go out and be social and have fun. I don’t understand what’s so crazy about that. 

On 12/26/2023 at 10:47 PM, Wisebaxter said:

@Miguel1 @Noahsteelers34 Just to help out, I'd imagine it looks something like this: 

OIG (11).jpeg

And also an image of you, based on your profile pic, doing the same thing:

OIG.4CnOBMUhS8.jpeg

LOL! Those guys are both top tier chads. Of course the women will be warm and welcoming. They’ve got wide, masculine necks, warrior skulls, high cheekbones, sharp jawlines, almond eyes, positive canthal tilt, perfect eye spacing, thick hair AND they’re well dressed. 

Guys, I know personality probably plays a large role in attraction, but you’d have to be delusional to think these guys’ 10/10 looks isn’t the primary factor at play here. In both pics he literally just introduced himself a few seconds ago and the ladies already bedazzled. Are you AI generating these?

You can attract with average looks or slightly below but it’s not as easy as it’s portrayed here. You’d better have an outstanding personality and present it to an exceptionally open minded girl.

On 12/26/2023 at 6:56 PM, Miguel1 said:

I fundamentally disagree. If it was that easy, sixty percent of young men wouldn’t be hard stuck singles. Consider the sheer power of the male sex drive; you know things are really bad when that many of us are giving up on dating despite being so gaht dang horny.

Part of the issue is social media and smart phones are sucking peoples souls out through their eyeballs leaving us with robotic, unfriendly versions of the vibrant, free spirited human beings they’re meant to be. 

Edited by Emotionalmosquito

22 minutes ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

almond eyes

hunter eyes are better but that's blackpill for ya