CARDOZZO

No, DMT Aliens Are Not Real

14 posts in this topic

@CARDOZZO short summary of this article:

Brain is very powerful. It could be all generated by the brain. Who knows. 

Lol. 

@OBEler Thanks for that.

Brain is like a reality constructor. 

It is a powerful machine.

Who knows...

@CARDOZZO I wanted to express: that's typical  low level materialist thinking about this topic. 

These encounters are going way deeper than some neurons firing in your brain. Take psychedelics for yourself and see. 

Every time i smoked DMT, my general impression was: this is the realest shit I ever experienced.

@CARDOZZO

In a sense they are right but don't acknowledge the elefant in the room, namely that all things are generated by the mind that means everything one experiences aka consciousness.

Have you first hand experience?

Edited by Starlight321

I can't be asked reading that awfully formatted article, but I'm just going to say: the fact that brains correlate with certain experiences does not mean they "cause" them or that the phenomena experienced are "not real". By that logic, nothing you experience is real.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

The unreal becomes real when you open your mind and your heart to what is Truth.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

the guy is so deluded is sad. And is writing in a psychedelic magazine...Jesus

"So, let’s talk about why you believe DMT aliens are floating around in your head – and why you’re absolutely wrong."

Lmao. On DMT, you realize there is no such thing as "your head". xD

Why so serious?

Posted (edited)

in a reality of infinite realms there could be a realm where you are just talking to a giant machine alien. They do not understand its not the brain.

Edited by Hojo

Posted (edited)

On 21/12/2023 at 7:05 PM, Carl-Richard said:

I can't be asked reading that awfully formatted article, but I'm just going to say: the fact that brains correlate with certain experiences does not mean they "cause" them or that the phenomena experienced are "not real". By that logic, nothing you experience is real.

Surprisingly enough, most people, not "even", but "especially" intelligent people fall into the trap you mention. I haven´t read the article, but I know that most hard-nosed materialist scientists use the argument of the brain having measurable, visible activity while the person has a powerful spiritual experience as proof of its being just brain fabrication. Well, you can also visualize and measure the scientist´s brain activity while using that logic...

Edited by Purple Man

This is my forest, my joy, my love and my shelter, the music I compose: loismusic.com

1 hour ago, Purple Man said:

Surprisingly enough, most people, not "even", but "especially" intelligent people fall into the trap you mention. I haven´t read the article, but I know that most hard-nosed materialist scientists use the argument of the brain having measurable, visible activity while the person has a powerful spiritual experience as proof of its being just brain fabrication. Well, you can also visualize and measure the scientist´s brain activity while using that logic...

The metaphysical goggles of physical reductionism are deeply ingrained into most Western folks' facial grooves.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.