CARDOZZO

Be Unique Inside Your Own Frame - Owen Cook

110 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Jayson G said:

well that was quite the roller coaster

Lol..hope you enjoyed the ride.

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

7 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@koops I think he mentioned Peter Ralston

Yep, I know Peter & Ken, I bought his booklist.

I was referring to the 'classic' ones (Aristotle, Nietzsche etc...)

On 14/12/2023 at 10:56 PM, Leo Gura said:

Owen is too ambitous for a low-key spiritual life. He has a lot of ambition to burn through.

As Owen said in this video, he has a pretty unique personality so he needs a lifestyle to match. So don't expect him to be some kind of Zen guy.

can you speak more on why some people have such deep desires for ambition, it's not obvious to me why you would require so much of it, does it come from trauma?

@Francis777 No, it's not trauma. Amibiton is a personality trait and it comes on a bell curve. Most mega successful business people are extremely high in ambition.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Francis777 No, it's not trauma. Amibiton is a personality trait and it comes on a bell curve. Most mega successful business people are extremely high in ambition.

So its the same as a creative person needing to express such, an ambitious person needs to achieve to feel satisfied, not in a "making up for" sense or trying to fill any kind of void. It's just that their consciousness requires that kind of "accumulative" expansion to be fulfilled?

4 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

So its the same as a creative person needing to express such, an ambitious person needs to achieve to feel satisfied,

Yes

I think he lists a bunch of philosophers he likes and ones he dislikes in “intro to philosophy “ but I don’t know the time stamp 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Creative Process Philosophers: Rick Rubin & Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi.

Just read them! :D

@Leo Gura What do you think of this concept of frame ? -- Not referring to Frame control but more this new way of saying someone has frame or a strong frame or a weak Frame . Some stories about females and males who happen to charm and seduce their costumer or some target because they had a strong frame or a sexual frame or tempting personal narrative story that seduced people into their world .  I am working on some ideas on it , wish some guidelines and how to link it to leadership , holism and actualization .

6 hours ago, Past-Philosopher-562 said:

What do you think of this concept of frame ? -- Not referring to Frame control but more this new way of saying someone has frame or a strong frame or a weak Frame .

Sure, that's just the definition of frame, basically.

Here’s a frame for ya

I initially assumed he was on a cruise ship until he started walking to a new spot.

His sunglasses are also hot.

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Strong frame basically means strong loyalty to your vision of yourself and how you see the world which should be based on truth and not delusion.

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Sure, that's just the definition of frame, basically.

Can you give us some advice on how to introspect on this , to fully embody the concept and find a way to link it to holism and conscious leadership , and self actualization and structure and content topic . I have worked on it already , just need few ideas .

2 hours ago, Past-Philosopher-562 said:

Can you give us some advice on how to introspect on this , to fully embody the concept and find a way to link it to holism and conscious leadership , and self actualization and structure and content topic . I have worked on it already , just need few ideas .

Your question is pretty vague.

Edited by Leo Gura

8 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Strong frame basically means strong loyalty to your vision of yourself and how you see the world which should be based on truth and not delusion.

The world is an illusion so how can you view it based on truth. Delusion is if you don't recognize that it's illusory. Then we can experience it accordingly.

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You question is pretty vague.

How can I use this concept to self actualize and become a conscious leader in life ? - 

14 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

The world is an illusion so how can you view it based on truth. Delusion is if you don't recognize that it's illusory. Then we can experience it accordingly.

Not at all. It is absolute truth. 

Just now, StarStruck said:

Not at all. It is absolute truth. 

I'm referring to the apparent outside world. 

Just now, Princess Arabia said:

I'm referring to the apparent outside world. 

An apartment may be imaginary, but there’s still bills that gotta be paid if you wanna maintain it.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI