Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CoolDreamThanks

Ai art rocks

20 posts in this topic

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

"The way that we teach Love is not through words and not through behaviors. The way we teach it is through the quietness in our mind." -Ken Wapnick

@CoolDreamThanks

On 2023-12-12 at 11:51 PM, CoolDreamThanks said:

A.I art rocks? Okay, but are we going to ignore the disruption this will cause? And the hundreds of plagiarized and pirated copies of other artist's works for the A.I to use?

17 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@CoolDreamThanks

A.I art rocks? Okay, but are we going to ignore the disruption this will cause? And the hundreds of plagiarized and pirated copies of other artist's works for the A.I to use?

100%. It might be cool yes but it lacks soul and promises a dark future for aspiring artists. I understand A.I art supporters will say things it's the future and we have to accept it but not all progress is positive. 

@Danioover9000 You could say that about any artist who studied other artists work and learned from their art…. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art

6 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Danioover9000 You could say that about any artist who studied other artists work and learned from their art…. 

I can. I can also include living artists trying to earn a living and feed themselves with their artwork, which in some cases on the internet is getting stolen by A.I. Are these artists getting some royalties and copyright protection, considering some cases these artists don't even know bog tech companies and A.I image generators take their work without permission? Just ask @Space's thoughts on A.I disruption and how it effected his/her editorial art review job.

3 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

living artists trying to earn a living

Art was never about survival. 

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

@Salvijus

9 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Art was never about survival. 

Sure, I'd partly agree on the existential, metaphysical levels that Art itself as infinity was never about survival. However, when you factor in the history of art, it's evolution, especially modernism and post modernism artwork, you can't be sure it's never about survival because marketing and popular consensus or pop culture or mass consciousness, in line with other economic, political, cultural, societal, and technological developments interplays and influences survival of certain art styles over other art styles. For example realism was waning away and surrealism became more popular, and landscape paintings of buildings or urban places less so, so much so that Adolf Hitler struggled to make a living for himself as an artist as the survival of art was changing and he was unable to adjust to the more popular art movement then. 

And also, based on many developmental factors Art changes in terms of Spiral Dynamics stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality typing/traits, ego development, states of being/becoming and consciousness, Integral Theory's other lines of development in life and societal domains, and different ideological beliefs indoctrinated by culture and family, and information ecology leveraged by capitalism and Neoliberalism and big corporates manufacturing consent in the masses today. These developmental factors plays a role in adding relativity to art, and due to limited time, energy and attention, due to finitude, we have to select art that suits our individual subjective tastes over some other art pieces, make a purchase to the artist that caught our attention over the artist with less engaging artwork. See?

@lina

14 hours ago, lina said:

100%. It might be cool yes but it lacks soul and promises a dark future for aspiring artists. I understand A.I art supporters will say things it's the future and we have to accept it but not all progress is positive. 

True, progress is also perspectival and pluralistic, some what post modernistic, yet we cannot abandon the singular, modernistic objective standards of what makes good art and bad art. The key here is to to be asymmetrical yet balanced to symmetry, and to mind our ideologies and dogmatic reactions to establishments and changes, and to be humble when one development may lead to regression in another.

This video is also a funny take on this situation, it resonates:

@Danioover9000 But, it’s not really like… when the AI makes an image it’s not the artists work. It’s just using it as a reference data point out of millions of others. Like, an artist would also bu viewing lots of art.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

5 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

See?

I see art as an expression of the heart. Heart simply longs to to find expression not out of fear of death but out of sheer longing to expand and become a medium through which God's inspiration is just flowing through and is being expressed through whatever form it is available. Even if it is just a simple gesture or gaze. If it's an expression of the heart. It is art. Everything else is just ego. Wanting fame, money etc. Ego and art can overlap. But they have nothing in common. 

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus

6 hours ago, Salvijus said:

I see art as an expression of the heart. Heart simply longs to to find expression not out of fear of death but out of sheer longing to expand and become a medium through which God's inspiration is just flowing through and is being expressed through whatever form it is available. Even if it is just a simple gesture or gaze. If it's an expression of the heart. It is art. Everything else is just ego. Wanting fame, money etc. Ego and art can overlap. But they have nothing in common. 

But what if piracy and plagiarism is involved, and stealing artworks and content from a struggling artist, effecting their profession they chosed themselves? And at mass scale such that it doesn't feel at first piracy or plagiarism? The idea of companies taking your work out there, using it to feed the A.I programs, without consent, without your knowledge, and even drawing better than you and gaining more of the fame and money that could have been yours?

Exact same problems that the react community and reactors have:

More on A.I disruption:

Please be understanding and empathetic to the artists losing their jobs to A.I programs, at least do that if you're following and practicing @Leo Gura's teachings. This A.I disruption is dark for others.

Sure, I'd partly agree on the existential, metaphysical levels that Art itself as infinity was never about survival. However, when you factor in the history of art, it's evolution, especially modernism and post modernism artwork, you can't be sure it's never about survival because marketing and popular consensus or pop culture or mass consciousness, in line with other economic, political, cultural, societal, and technological developments interplays and influences survival of certain art styles over other art styles. For example realism was waning away and surrealism became more popular, and landscape paintings of buildings or urban places less so, so much so that Adolf Hitler struggled to make a living for himself as an artist as the survival of art was changing and he was unable to adjust to the more popular art movement then. 

And also, based on many developmental factors Art changes in terms of Spiral Dynamics stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality typing/traits, ego development, states of being/becoming and consciousness, Integral Theory's other lines of development in life and societal domains, and different ideological beliefs indoctrinated by culture and family, and information ecology leveraged by capitalism and Neoliberalism and big corporates manufacturing consent in the masses today. These developmental factors plays a role in adding relativity to art, and due to limited time, energy and attention, due to finitude, we have to select art that suits our individual subjective tastes over some other art pieces, make a purchase to the artist that caught our attention over the artist with less engaging artwork. See?

Edited by Danioover9000

@Danioover9000 is that kind of friend who listen you having crazy sex on the other room and instead of going out of the house, open the door and ruin the whole vibe with a long lecture. 

@Rafael Thundercat

6 minutes ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

@Danioover9000 is that kind of friend who listen you having crazy sex on the other room and instead of going out of the house, open the door and ruin the whole vibe with a long lecture. 

Can you rephrase that better? I don't know if this is directed at me or the OP or @Juan...

If you worry about ai taking your job you aren't an artist you are a paid mimic  An artist creates because they like to create. No ai can take your unique mind . You will be able to see ai art a mile away as its not creative humans are. Only people who haven't developed their own style and mimic others styles will suffer

Edited by Hojo

@Hojo

4 minutes ago, Hojo said:

If you worry about ai taking your job you aren't an artist you are a paid mimic  An artist creates because they like to create. No ai can take your unique mind . You will be able to see ai art a mile away as its not creative humans are. Only people who haven't developed their own style and mimic others styles will suffer

So many faulty premises here. Assuming if a person worries about A.I taking your job means you are a paid mimic and not an artist, assuming an artist creates just because they like to create with no other ulterior motives or other developmental factors, assuming A.I cannot take your mind even though there's growing evidence that A.I are getting better at predicting your behavior and gathering your user biases and preferences and hyper tailoring and hyper curating content via algorithm to suit your biases and keep you hooked into their social media platforms, assuming anyone can see and differentiate A.I art from human art because it's not creative human art, and assuming only people who haven't developed their own style and mimic other styles will suffer, even though you and I were mimicking other artists, or others mimicking for study is essential development early on.

In fact I'd argue that A.I art hurts beginners and novices with procrastination and laziness issues even more, like Gen Z being victimized by social media algorithms and Tik Tok like internet echo chambers, just by design of companies and engineers to grab your attention, hook it and maintain it quickly for convenience and efficiency, at the cost of rotting gen Z brains. And as time goes on, the negatives of the internet, social media addiction and mental health issues from A.I increase, we'll see fewer and fewer people with mid to long attention spans and unable to concentrate for just 10 minutes, or just 20 minutes to sit down and read a book, or focus on exercising or meditating. Even drawing is becoming a dying art, it'll eventually be so difficult to draw with pencil and paper. The future looks grim. 

12 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Hojo

So many faulty premises here. Assuming if a person worries about A.I taking your job means you are a paid mimic and not an artist, assuming an artist creates just because they like to create with no other ulterior motives or other developmental factors, assuming A.I cannot take your mind even though there's growing evidence that A.I are getting better at predicting your behavior and gathering your user biases and preferences and hyper tailoring and hyper curating content via algorithm to suit your biases and keep you hooked into their social media platforms, assuming anyone can see and differentiate A.I art from human art because it's not creative human art, and assuming only people who haven't developed their own style and mimic other styles will suffer, even though you and I were mimicking other artists, or others mimicking for study is essential development early on.

In fact I'd argue that A.I art hurts beginners and novices with procrastination and laziness issues even more, like Gen Z being victimized by social media algorithms and Tik Tok like internet echo chambers, just by design of companies and engineers to grab your attention, hook it and maintain it quickly for convenience and efficiency, at the cost of rotting gen Z brains. And as time goes on, the negatives of the internet, social media addiction and mental health issues from A.I increase, we'll see fewer and fewer people with mid to long attention spans and unable to concentrate for just 10 minutes, or just 20 minutes to sit down and read a book, or focus on exercising or meditating. Even drawing is becoming a dying art, it'll eventually be so difficult to draw with pencil and paper. The future looks grim. 

It will definetly deter newer artists and make artists mood go down but thats not ais fault, thats the artists fault. I am an artist and I have been drawing all my life. I am not as good as ai but I do not feel that it deters me from creating. I have never made money off my art but that should not be how art is made. If it is how you make your money then it sucks but if it stops you from creating you were a phony imo. Art comes from a desire to take your ideas and put them into reality.

When I 1st heard about ai art I was initially annoyed but it won't stop me from doing what I like to do.

I also agree with diminished attention being a detriment to humanity and I beleive it is being done on purpose by either government or a secret ai alien that is slowly taking over humanity. The wise ones are focusing on this aspect of themselves in these times while the others are letting themselves dissapear through distraction. I am not perfect but I am seeing what is happening to everyone and it does not seem good at all for humanity. I see it within myself too.

Edited by Hojo

@Danioover9000

18 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

But what if piracy and plagiarism is involved, and stealing artworks and content from a struggling artist, effecting their profession they chosed themselves?

Art is meditation not a profession. 

Expressions of the heart belong to no one but God. Because that's the source of all inspiration. So this piracy thing is just another ego game. 

A real artist is in a trance where God is pouring himself through via whatever format. Be it a simple smile, or a massive symphony, it's the same. Such an act is a celebration of life. Egoic concerns have no room in this dance of joy. 

You're conflating art with ego. Ego will definitely have a hard time when Ai comes. But that's good. Whereas heart's desire to celebrate life no one can take it from you. So there's nothing to worry about. 

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus

9 hours ago, Salvijus said:

@Danioover9000

Art is meditation not a profession. 

Expressions of the heart belong to no one but God. Because that's the source of all inspiration. So this piracy thing is just another ego game. 

A real artist is in a trance where God is pouring himself through via whatever format. Be it a simple smile, or a massive symphony, it's the same. Such an act is a celebration of life. Egoic concerns have no room in this dance of joy. 

You're conflating art with ego. Ego will definitely have a hard time when Ai comes. But that's good. Whereas heart's desire to celebrate life no one can take it from you. So there's nothing to worry about. 

I dare you to say that to a starving artist.

In context this 'piracy thing' actually is important when piracy and plagiarism negatively effects competition between competitors and their customers base, and piracy and plagiarism saturates the market so much with unpaid labor and many ideas ripped off from the original creators that it both cheapens and lowers quality, undermines quality, and due to market saturation increases barrier to entry for newer creators wanting to profit and do their LP and make a living doing so. But when the market is so saturated with pirated, copied and plagiarized content, then what's the incentive for consumers to continue consuming services and products off of original content creators when the thieves outnumber them?

And you're using spiritualism and non-duality to dodge the practical and realist ramifications of these plagiarism and piracy done by tech companies and A.I programs. 

2 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

I dare you to say that to a starving artist.

Yes ai will make survival for an artist more difficult. Unfortunate. I can emphasize. But it doesn't change the fact that art is deeply meditative and spiritual in nature. And all forms of spirituality are about transcendce and God. Not about survival. 

Edited by Salvijus