Parallax Mind

The humanoid shape of aliens?

20 posts in this topic

What could explain the humanoid shape of aliens? These 3 things could I think:

1) humanoid shaped aliens guided our evolution to make us look like them. 

2) aliens are humans from the future that figured out time travel.

3) one is the humanoid alien is an avatar for another being to facilitate communication with us.

I think 1 and 3 are the most likely. I would love to know if aliens are real. It's a paradigm shift that can cause existential crisis much like a psychedelic can. I can believe that David Grusch's testimony didn't have more impact on the matter. 

You left out the most likely option: convergent evolution. The humanoid body may simply be the most efficient way to get intelligent creatures, because they need free hands to use tools.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Lol.

If you gonna invest in big brains instead of msucles and claws, you gotta be standing and have free hands to use tools.

Why would Earth be the only planet to produce humanoids?
Furthermore, there's no reason why sapient life needs to be humanoid. 

Sapience is just the capacity to reason, question, have self-awareness, and contemplate. Is the development of tools required for this? who knows? It may not be an absolute requirement for all sapient life to evolve in the universe or multiverses, or parallel dimensions should multiverses or parallel universes exist. 

Maybe on some planet somewhere in the Milky Way, there is a species that resembles bottlenosed dolphins and lives in an ocean but is sapient. Maybe they faced millions of years of having to problem-solve by way of evading predators that they eventually became self-aware, overcame and defeated their predators, and were the dominant sapient species on their planet. As an aquatic species, they couldn't invent fire or use rocks as tools as hominids did on Earth. 

There is no feasible reason why bacteria or similar microorganisms couldn't be sapient. On Earth, this isn't known but it doesn't mean it's universal. 

On 7-12-2023 at 8:00 PM, Leo Gura said:

You left out the most likely option: convergent evolution. The humanoid body may simply be the most efficient way to get intelligent creatures, because they need free hands to use tools.

I find it super hard to believe aliens would be actual humanoids like literal little ET guys. how is that believable, that literally aliens turn out to be looking like the stereotypical movie aliens? this ain't donald duck. Why wouldn't they have 4 arms like some kind of hindu god or something if arms are that important. if they are so advanced with their spacecraft and technology that is nothing like us, why would they still be humanoids?

why do you believe all this stuff? is this just because you're ruling out that every report is bullshit, because there are so many consistent reports? I do agree with you that that argument is kind of sound, however i'm still so skeptical. What epistemological logic are you applying to be so sure of the existence of aliens on earth?

3 hours ago, Bandman said:

I find it super hard to believe aliens would be actual humanoids like literal little ET guys. how is that believable, that literally aliens turn out to be looking like the stereotypical movie aliens?

That's easy. Because Hollywood has no imagination so they just copied real alien reports. All the UFO movies are based on actual alien encounters.

Why wouldn't they have 4 arms like some kind of hindu god or something if arms are that important.

Because growing extra arms is very hard. And ultimately overkill. Evolution is all about energy efficency.

If a dick is important why don't you have 5 dicks?

why do you believe all this stuff?

Because there is too much evidence from serious people, and people are just not that creative.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura I have been following this very intensely, listening to all the experts on this, and I also have no doubt we've had encounters, but I still dont get why there aren't clear, high def photos and videos online? or why there isn't anything that is super clear and obvious that is viral, such as a video encounter? or why these interactions are so rare and hidden? Have you found the answers to any of these questions? 

Then there are other things I wonder, which is much farther away from discovering the truth, so I don't expect to find that easily: what planet are they from? why are they interested in our nuclear bases? why dont they show themselves in like nyc or something or why dont they attack us

Former Tik Tok influencer starts a Life Mastery University.

1 hour ago, Jayson G said:

@Leo Gura I have been following this very intensely, listening to all the experts on this, and I also have no doubt we've had encounters, but I still dont get why there aren't clear, high def photos and videos online? or why there isn't anything that is super clear and obvious that is viral, such as a video encounter? or why these interactions are so rare and hidden? Have you found the answers to any of these questions?

1) There are photos and videos but any such material will be indistinguishable from fakes.

2) The intelligence agencies obviously vacuum up the best material and classify it. You're not gonna find photos and videos of the inside of stealth plane cockpits on Youtube either. This stuff is very classified.

3) Taking high-rez photos of UFOs is not easy. You could only do so if one landed on your front lawn. And even if that happened, the government would show up to your house the next day and take it. These UFOs are easily tracked by radar. It's not like they are free to just land on people's front lawns. These UFOs are chased by military jets.

why dont they show themselves in like nyc

Because clearly people are not mature enough to handle it positively.

All airspace is controlled by the military.

They have shown themselves 1000s of times. How much more do you want?

why dont they attack us

An intelligent species has no need to attack us. It gains them nothing.

Edited by Leo Gura

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

On the same ground, do you think a super intelligent AGI will kill us all? 

2 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

On the same ground, do you think a super intelligent AGI will kill us all? 

If it is truly intelligent, no. But the intelligence of AI is highly suspect. It shouldn't be compared to alien consciousness.

The problem is that human-made AI will be corrupted by capitalistic forces, limiting its actual intelligence.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura In Dennis’ interview, he mentioned that he was asked to transport an injured airman to the military base. But why would the military ask a civilian to transport their personnel to a military base? This seems very unusual.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

1) There are photos and videos but any such material will be indistinguishable from fakes.

2) The intelligence agencies obviously vacuum up the best material and classify it. You're not gonna find photos and videos of the inside of stealth plane cockpits on Youtube either. This stuff is very classified.

3) Taking high-rez photos of UFOs is not easy. You could only do so if one landed on your front lawn. And even if that happened, the government would show up to your house the next day and take it. These UFOs are easily tracked by radar. It's not like they are free to just land on people's front lawns. These UFOs are chased by military jets.

Because clearly people are not mature enough to handle it positively.

All airspace is controlled by the military.

They have shown themselves 1000s of times. How much more do you want?

Why wouldn't an intelligent species kill humans? I don't see the connection between the two. Maybe there might be aliens who are out to get non-spacefaring species, for whatever reason. 

plot twist: aliens are just a human species that existed half a billion years ago that evolved enough to escape this planet from a catastrophe while they still live inside of earths crust

Edited by mmKay

World's 1# Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If it is truly intelligent, no. But the intelligence of AI is highly suspect. It shouldn't be compared to alien consciousness.

The problem is that human-made AI will be corrupted by capitalistic forces, limiting its actual intelligence.

What is actual intelligence? Who can define this for alien species?

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But the intelligence of AI is highly suspect.

What do you think about an AI that was made by Aliens (maybe possibly millions of years ago)? I think the probability to encounter a highly advanced AI (that was made by an intelligent alien race) is more likely compared to encountering face to face with an alien race.

You can have certain alien races going completely extinct and still lefting behind an intelligent AI that slowly travels through the universe looking for intelligent life.

5 minutes ago, zurew said:

I think the probability to encounter a highly advanced AI (that was made by an intelligent alien race) is more likely compared to encountering face to face with an alien race.

We already have much evidence of alien contact. None of alien AI.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

We already have much evidence of alien contact. None of alien AI.

Satellite images could be super useful to investigate some of the recent UFO stories or incidents - I don't know why no one tries to use those for either debunking or for proving a case.

2 hours ago, zurew said:

Satellite images could be super useful to investigate some of the recent UFO stories or incidents - I don't know why no one tries to use those for either debunking or for proving a case.

CIA certainly controls and edits satellite photos. You're not gonna find a UFO on Google Maps.

Edited by Leo Gura

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

CIA certainly controls and edits satellite photos. You're not gonna find a UFO on Google Maps.

Not all satallites belong to American companies, not sure if they may have influence over foreign companies too.