r0ckyreed

Are We Denying The Reality of Death?

46 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

The subtle point is that the sensation of being "you" will die, but awareness may be eternal. I don't believe for a second that @LastThursday will continue indefinitely. For example, the child version of @LastThursday already (literally) died when he became an adult.

LastThursday might continue as an idea or not, it is a part of an everchanging process anyways, as you said. But you the awareness, or the awareness of awareness, or or or or, will continue. 

You are like the idea of turtles all the way down, in that sense. You, as existence, are the ground of being, so to speak, but the manifested form, both on the spiritual and physical levels, are ever changing and dynamic self attuning processes. 

19 minutes ago, Someone here said:

It seems like I'm the only one in this forum who gets that death is just a belief. 

The only thing that can be known with certainty is that I exist now. everything else is ideas contained in that reality. If you realize this you realize that there is an absolute: I am. everything else is relative.

then you can focus on the absolute, the fact of being now, and forget the relative. If you really focus on this, on the now, you realize that the now is alive and has no limits. this so simple realization is awakening

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

But also you are quite arrogant and full of yourself.

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Its very obvious that my view is the correct one

You're hilarious. We must be kindred spirits. Anyway seriously, I'm not ramming my ideas down anyone's throats, you can take it or leave it. I suspect you just choose not to understand it further or are unwilling to let go of the story you're clinging on to. And since you're so keen on explanations and stories what is your explanation then? Why does death never come eh? What does death even mean to you?

All stories and explanations are false.

1 minute ago, LastThursday said:

Why does death never come eh?

Because existence is infinite and eternal.  By definition was never born and can never die.  But to grasp that you must realize that Atman=Brahman. As the Upanishads speak .

The identity of the human self is equivalent to the universal /existence Self. 

3 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

What does death even mean to you?

A belief. A fucking thought . A fart in the wind.  OBVIOUSLY! 

4 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

You're hilarious

Thanks .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@LastThursday also stop quoting  fucking segments of my posts and dismissing others.  I know exactly why you are doing this. 

-Osho

10 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

The only thing that can be known with certainty is that I exist now. everything else is ideas contained in that reality. If you realize this you realize that there is an absolute: I am. everything else is relative.

then you can focus on the absolute, the fact of being now, and forget the relative. If you really focus on this, on the now, you realize that the now is alive and has no limits. this so simple realization is awakening

Agreed 👍 

-Osho

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I know exactly why you are doing this. 

Whatever you think, you're wrong. I don't have a hidden agenda in any way with you. My style is to quote the parts of what people write that take my interest nothing more. If you're going to be aggressive or behave like a fool then that is going to get my interest.

15 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Because existence is infinite and eternal. 

That is an explanation thanks.

18 minutes ago, Someone here said:
23 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

What does death even mean to you?

A belief. A fucking thought . A fart in the wind.  OBVIOUSLY! 

Then you haven't thought very deeply about it. And if you have, you're being intellectually dishonest in owning up to what you've discovered.

All stories and explanations are false.

There are certainly painful aspects of myself that I used to hold onto so tightly, yet in accepting and embracing their impending death, new possibilities emerge. A greater connection with truth. The truth is calling for you to come back home. 

You no longer need to live a lie! 

Thank you for listening to my TEDx talk.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

5 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

There are certainly painful aspects of myself that I used to hold onto so tightly, yet in accepting and embracing their impending death, new possibilities emerge. A greater connection with truth. The truth is calling for you to come back home. 

You no longer need to live a lie! 

Thank you for listening to my TEDx talk.

👏🏼🎉👏🏻 

Death and abandonment of human body is inevitable and that is no joke...so yeah, i think most people forget one day the actually Will leave their bodies 

Consciousness goes on, but the content changes.

Death is going to be awesome. I sense it. :)

Edited by Sincerity

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

That's a vague poetic Way to put it.  I don't like playing these Zen games . I like to shatter people's delusions.

Death is a fiction. 

Full stop ✋ 

When was it...like 2 weeks ago your biggest fear was death. Now death is a fiction. You change your beliefs quickly. At least give them time to marinate fully till you outlive them. Hope you don't change your women like you change your beliefs. You're really acting out your true nature as God omnipotent, omnipresent and a rapid shape shifter....nice. We need to follow your example and not get so stuck in belief systems and become a true chameleon. Wow God, you're amazing, i like this act you're putting on. Nice show.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Only personal consciousness will make a difference. 

Get who and what you are, then contemplate what life is.

Guys, enough with the mind games. Whether you like it or not, Thursday is coming. Sure, Thursday is technically a fiction. But the reality is still the same that this human experience, dream, or whatever you wanna call it is going to end. The words on this post you are reading right now is going to end. If I start my exercise, it is going to end. If you start breathing, it is going to end.

Death is a simple law of nature. Everything is always changing. There will be a point where your body will vanish. Direct experience is your evidence. Your problem is that you are not getting in touch with the actuality of death.

Go lay yourself down on a railroad track and meditate on death being imaginary. Sure, it is imaginary like tomorrow is, but it is also as real as a kick in the balls.

It is moronic to say that death is imaginary because that is like saying the pain is imaginary. If you can feel pain, you admit that it has a reality of you experiencing it vs you just conceptualizing it. 

Of course, death doesn’t exist while you are living and living doesn’t exist while you are dead. 

Death is like sleep. You are going to sleep tonight whether you like it or not. You might say, no R0ckyreed I am awake right now and sleep is imaginary. Well, you being awake right now is also imaginary from the standpoint of being asleep. But the fact is that if imagination is reality, then sleep and death are realities that you will experience.

Sleep goes by in a blink of an eye, and so does death and life, and all your alleged past lives and future lives if you believe in such things.

I don’t see any reason to believe that I am somehow different from other humans around me who will also perish. It is foolish to believe you are different from the laws of consciousness. What evidence do you have that your human form won’t change and eventually perish. If you argue that death is imaginary, then you are essentially arguing that change doesn’t exist. And this view is not in alignment with reality.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

7 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

When was it...like 2 weeks ago your biggest fear was death. Now death is a fiction. You change your beliefs quickly. At least give them time to marinate fully till you outlive them. Hope you don't change your women like you change your beliefs. You're really acting out your true nature as God omnipotent, omnipresent and a rapid shape shifter....nice. We need to follow your example and not get so stuck in belief systems and become a true chameleon. Wow God, you're amazing, i like this act you're putting on. Nice show.

:P

Short answer.. Because there is no one who can be sure about his beliefs  .  That's the root cause for all our intellectual swings.  Who is there to  believe in this or that? No one .

If there is a center of your being "ego" who is the creator or source of thoughts and actions.. You won't have a single contradiction in your worldview... Why would you?

Also .. If you are the source of everything you do and think.. There is no possibility of failing at losing weight or kicking any bad habit.  But since it's not "you" who is creating your thoughts and actions.. The results are always random as random as these thoughts and actions.   

-Osho

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

:P

Short answer.. Because there is no one who can be sure about his beliefs  .  That's the root cause for all our intellectual swings.  Who is there to  believe in this or that? No one .

If there is a center of your being "ego" who is the creator or source of thoughts and actions.. You won't have a single contradiction in your worldview... Why would you?

Also .. If you are the source of everything you do and think.. There is no possibility of failing at losing weight or kicking any bad habit.  But since it's not "you" who is creating your thoughts and actions.. The results are always random as random as these thoughts and actions.   

Ok Mr. I get it. You're just as confused as the rest of us. Lol

@Princess Arabia nah  I'm being serious..that's the explanation as far as I can comprehend.  You do understand the illusion of the thinker of thoughts.  I don't think my thoughts . I don't believe my belief. They just occur and change and that's it .

-Osho

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Princess Arabia nah  I'm being serious..that's the explanation as far as I can comprehend.  You do understand the illusion of the thinker of thoughts.  I don't think my thoughts . I don't believe my belief. They just occur and change and that's it .

Yes...I agree. Whatever you say I agree since there's no one here agreeing with nothing. I should change my name to "Noone Here".

Edited by Princess Arabia

I have a better argument.

If you claim that Absolute Infinity exists, then it follows that Absolute Death or Nothingness exists. You saying death doesn’t exist is like saying that infinity exists but Zero doesn’t. 

We are talking about things that we can never prove. We cannot prove that things go on infinitely. But yet, we can intuitively know that infinity exists.  For instance, numbers go on forever but I cannot prove that. Apply your same logic to the topic of death. You all are adamant that Infinity exists but are in denial that death exists. What if Absolute Awakening/Infinity is Absolute Death? That is why I say “Absolute Awakening” is an illusion because you don’t get that until you experience Absolute Death. I mean physical death. If you are still human, then you have not fully awakened is what I have claimed because being human is a dream and comes with certain inherent limitations in understanding.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false.