Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PurpleTree

What is trust?

19 posts in this topic

means you set your belief aside and take another's on board to test it for a given time period

goal is to pour out blood sweat tears

goal is to see what they claim to

goal is to transmute trust into truth

When life turns to absolute shit. Yet, you love and honor even that as necessary in order for consciousness to express itself more freely

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I only know I fucking struggle with it, that's what it is lol.

But, hey, good question. What the heck is trust, actually?

Is there such a thing at all, in actuality?

My guess is not, absolutely speaking.

But in relative terms, it seems to be a rather fucking important thing... that I struggle with.

Is it faith? That it's all fine no matter what? Is it a form of surrender, to some higher, unknown goodness, that is not guaranteed, but is still kind of pretty likely to be?

What is trust and who am I trusting with what?

Is trust yet another attempt to negotiate with the unavoidable, oncoming pain? 

Why is trust needed? Is it some kind of an insurance? Safety net?

I have no fucking clue. But I don't trust most of you fuckers. Or any, to be precise.

Edited by ivankiss

Trust is me integrating a psychedelic experience in real time as I was driving home.

I don’t recommend this to newbies.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Just now, Squeekytoy said:

But you can trust that things work a certain way. Like when you drop something, you can trust it to fall down.

Or you can drop a silly idea your mind conjures up and watch your consciousness go up ;)

3 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

You can't trust anyone, you have to verify everything yourself.

You are Everyone.

So aren’t ya just saying don’t trust Yourself, Dr. Quack?

:P

Ego never trusts anything. Ego is always fearful and seeks to control everything to ensure its safety. 

Trust, however, is a choice to face fear with open arms and discover what lies on the other side. Perfect safety and perfect love of God. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Trust is finding a way of "tricking" yourself into inner stillness and alignment. 

I‘m reading this book which talks about trust among other things and it says something like

“trusting other people is your job, if they misuse your trust or not that is their job and you can’t influence that and you can’t have a relationship if you don’t trust “

8 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

you can’t have a relationship if you don’t trust “

This makes sense. Because you can't have a relationship if you build the walls of fear around you. Because these walls push people away. And relationship is about taking the walls down and embracing others as a part of yourself. So trust is essential. 

6 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

I‘m reading this book which talks about trust among other things and it says something like

“trusting other people is your job, if they misuse your trust or not that is their job and you can’t influence that and you can’t have a relationship if you don’t trust “

trust is you are my missing link until proved otherwise

trust is contractual, love is unchanging

Trust is letting go of control and opening to the now, to reality. eliminate contraction and open this moment, become the bottomless abyss of existence.

contraction are mental walls made of control. You can dissolve them at any time, you just have to say mentally, in a completely honest way: I surrender, I let go of control, I trust reality, I don't care what happens to me (this is to drop the self). then reality opens up. It usually takes some psychedelic to really say this, and at the moment (which usually comes quickly) when you start fearing again and needing to control again, reality closes, the contraction returns.

Edited by Breakingthewall

Converting faith into power in the relative world.

Edited by The0Self

trust having unquestionable faith in something, aka in god.

I think the more realistic answer is that trust is a coping mechanism humans created for when they do not know truth, in order for them to be at peace with themselves.

You could say trust is an inherent religion we all share.

Edited by Francis777

13 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Is resistance the opposite of trust?

You can learn to trust and be more attuned to how you relate to resistance in your life.

Feeling resistances consciously and contemplating their root is not dumb. It’s a key part of your spiritual growth. 

Trust and resistance go hand-in-hand, baby.

9 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Trust is letting go of control and opening to the now, to reality. eliminate contraction and open this moment, become the bottomless abyss of existence.

contraction are mental walls made of control. You can dissolve them at any time, you just have to say mentally, in a completely honest way: I surrender, I let go of control, I trust reality, I don't care what happens to me (this is to drop the self). then reality opens up. It usually takes some psychedelic to really say this, and at the moment (which usually comes quickly) when you start fearing again and needing to control again, reality closes, the contraction returns.

+1