ivankiss

Musicians are some of the wokest beings in the universe. Change my mind.

62 posts in this topic

I am cooking my favorite pasta bolognese alla Ivanovski, while watching / listening to this super cool interview between Devin Townsend and Steve Vai. Somewhere around the 30min mark, they start bringing in more and more spiritual concepts, particularly tied to creative endeavours, but also just life in general. An hour in, and Steve really starts going deep. You can tell he's so excited to share all his spiritual wisdom. I knew Vai was into spirituality, and Devin too... But I did not know they were so woke. Just so much wisdom, laid out so casually and effortlessly, by two musicians, two friends, two brothers. There is so much respect, love, compassion in the atmosphere. It's beautiful. And it's devoid of all the spiritual ego stroking, that you get from your usual gurus.

These dudes know what's up. Trust me. They are super humble and under the rader about it, but they know what's up.

Like I said in my recent thread on the subject of Infinity In Music, the best spiritual pointers are often musical ones. It is the art form that is best suited for conveying that which cannot be put into words.

Which doesn't mean that the musicians / composers themselves cannot be horrible sons of b!tches, lol.

Why so serious?

Kanye West

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Kanye West

God forgot to put a line over here.

NOW ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR SAVIOR.

22 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

These dudes know what's up. Trust me. They are super humble and under the rader about it, but they know what's up.

Hey there is no one to be enlightened, when you're peak enlightment you'll think the whole world is at peak intelligence and peak enlightment.

I just have BDSM tendency remaining somehow, but I m working on it, I guess I've to keep fooling myself.

nowhere in the bio  @VahnAeris 

36 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

I am cooking my favorite pasta bolognese alla Ivanovski, while watching / listening to this super cool interview between Devin Townsend and Steve Vai. Somewhere around the 30min mark, they start bringing in more and more spiritual concepts, particularly tied to creative endeavours, but also just life in general. An hour in, and Steve really starts going deep. You can tell he's so excited to share all his spiritual wisdom. I knew Vai was into spirituality, and Devin too... But I did not know they were so woke. Just so much wisdom, laid out so casually and effortlessly, by two musicians, two friends, two brothers. There is so much respect, love, compassion in the atmosphere. It's beautiful. And it's devoid of all the spiritual ego stroking, that you get from your usual gurus.

There is no difference between humble and arrogance. My gosh I get so tired of this humble bias. You guys literally have no clue how this game works. Sigh....

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Kanye West

https://genius.com/Kanye-west-i-am-a-god-lyrics

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Not only that you're never going to be as woke as musicians are, but you also won't come anywhere close to being as badass. 

Just look at this guy... I bet he's far more enlightened than you are. Plus he gets far more pussy than you. And he looks like that!

7 hours ago, AerisVahnEphelia said:

I just have BDSM tendency remaining somehow, but I m working on it, I guess I've to keep fooling myself.

No need to suppress your BDSM tendencies. They can teach you a lot about yourself when done properly. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

8 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Not only that you're never going to be as woke as musicians are, but you also won't come anywhere close to being as badass. 

Just look at this guy... I bet he's far more enlightened than you are. Plus he gets far more pussy than you. And he looks like that!

Yes, lots of pussy cats. Meow. 😸

@Razard86 I truly think you're one of the most enlightened here, maybe the most enlightened.

You're just attached to weird things in this character ( not judging, it's from my limited bias )

10 hours ago, ivankiss said:

fun fact, I m extremly beautiful but don't attract much, because I dedicated my life to Truth, which makes me avoid crowd and farming attention in anyway.

Also people keep thinking sex is not just like doing cokaïne, when it is, every excitement chase lead to hell, the christians ethos is just a tutorial to not fail at life even if I deny religion as a banner of Truth, they are based if you really look into it.

3 hours ago, Yimpa said:

No need to suppress your BDSM tendencies. They can teach you a lot about yourself when done properly. 

yikes

no thanks, I prefer cuddling and meditation.

2 minutes ago, Loveeee said:

One of my top three favorite movies of all time. :x

Why so serious?

5 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

One of my top three favorite movies of all time. :x

I listen to the scenes so often I should watch it already 

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

gods infinite trauma screaming out in beautiful ways

Edited by Hojo