ivankiss

Musicians are some of the wokest beings in the universe. Change my mind.

62 posts in this topic

Have you come here for forgiveness?
Have you come to raise the dead?
Have you come here to play Jesus?
To the lepers in your head

Did I ask too much? More than a lot
You gave me nothing, now it's all I got
We're one but we're not the same

one, U2

13 hours ago, AerisVahnEphelia said:

yikes

no thanks, I prefer cuddling and meditation.

You know that's you undercover. Stop. Lol

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

A lot of music (songs) from all types of genres, if you listen to the words, reveal a lot of Spiritual messages it's unbelievable. God sends a lot of it's subliminal messages through music. It's why music is Universal. Just about everyone loves some type of music. 

The Universe itself is a Tristan Chord. It is actually making music. It's music itself. Wonderful. Marvelous. Magnificent. We just have to get in sync and align with it. I can feel the vibration in my physical body at times. Humans are just singing off key. Apparently.

Edited by Princess Arabia

what is "woke"

What is belief?

what is the sense of higher existence? 

woke is simply existence it self. concepts and ideas aren't that

Edited by not-a-faerie

15 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

The Universe itself is a Tristan Chord. It is actually making music. It's music itself. Wonderful. Marvelous. Magnificent. We just have to get in sync and align with it. I can feel the vibration in my physical body at times. Humans are just singing off key. Apparently.

Being the incurable Richard Wagner nut that I am, I have to ask... where did you pick up this Tristan Chord stuff? I've seen you mention it many times, but somehow you don't strike me as an old school 19th century German Romanticism enthusiast? :P

Why so serious?

On 11/18/2023 at 2:54 AM, ivankiss said:

I am cooking my favorite pasta bolognese alla Ivanovski, while watching / listening to this super cool interview between Devin Townsend and Steve Vai. Somewhere around the 30min mark, they start bringing in more and more spiritual concepts, particularly tied to creative endeavours, but also just life in general. An hour in, and Steve really starts going deep. You can tell he's so excited to share all his spiritual wisdom. I knew Vai was into spirituality, and Devin too... But I did not know they were so woke. Just so much wisdom, laid out so casually and effortlessly, by two musicians, two friends, two brothers. There is so much respect, love, compassion in the atmosphere. It's beautiful. And it's devoid of all the spiritual ego stroking, that you get from your usual gurus.

These dudes know what's up. Trust me. They are super humble and under the rader about it, but they know what's up.

No, mystics and yogis are the wokest.

BTW, it's not even that interesting to listen to them imo. Knowing that you and me could have done the same or even better if world would have acctually have been less corrupt... you could have done it all, I could have done it all, some fair amount if people also could do it. Doing music is a luxury very few people can afford to do, I don't think praising them is necessary.

And to do music in a way that is acctually interesting and exploring something radically new is even more harder, but that would be something woke than playing on three necks in some modes of a scale which is already a beaten horse to death so an idiot like me could relate "ohh, this is lydian, wow it has that #4, i can even hear it myself"...

Edited by Applegarden8

@ivankiss The more you are involved in a craft, the more you forget about your self;
The more you forget about your self, the more you see the self for what it is, embracing the infinity of experiencies beyond it.

So it is not a surprise that many at the top of their Arts know what's up. And this include Writers, Musicians, Directors, Philosophers, Painters, Sculptors and anyone who treat life as an instrument of Knowledge, consciously or not.

41 minutes ago, Applegarden8 said:

No, mystics and yogis are the wokest.

No, they just pretend to be xD

42 minutes ago, Applegarden8 said:

Knowing that you and me could have done the same or even better if world would have acctually have been less corrupt...

I am doing my version of the whole awakened rockstar journey xD Yes, the world is nasty and it's arguably the most challenging thing to pull off, especially if you really want to stay authentic... but that's just how it is. It comes with the package.

44 minutes ago, Applegarden8 said:

And to do music in a way that is acctually interesting and exploring something radically new is even more harder, but that would be something woke than playing on three necks in some modes of a scale which is already a beaten horse to death so an idiot like me could relate "ohh, this is lydian, wow it has that #4, i can even hear it myself"...

Haha! Precisely. It's even more awesome when you do create something unique and true and even revolutionary... but then no body can relate to it. 

Gotta love the game.

Musicians are just yogis with a full mind who got spiritual growth too fast and material growth too slow ;-ú

Yes, but make no mistakes. When I say 'musicians', I am not referring to your phat ass shaking, mumble raping clowns that all chew and spit out the same garbage over and over again. Those are entertainers, at best.

Real musicians are an entirely different breed. They know the struggle, trust me. Often nothing but the struggle.

The struggle of having something real and unstained and uncorrupted and divine... and giving it your all to bring forth that gift, that light... into a dark, cold world that never appreciated shit. 

That's a real musician. That's a real artist. And that motherfucker... Can out - enlighten your everyday fake - ass spiritual guru lunatics, anytime, anywhere.

6 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Yes, but make no mistakes. When I say 'musicians', I am not referring to your phat ass shaking, mumble raping clowns that all chew and spit out the same garbage over and over again. Those are entertainers, at best.

Real musicians are an entirely different breed. They know the struggle, trust me. Often nothing but the struggle.

The struggle of having something real and unstained and uncorrupted and divine... and giving it your all to bring forth that gift, that light... into a dark, cold world that never appreciated shit. 

That's a real musician. That's a real artist. And that motherfucker... Can out - enlighten your everyday fake - ass spiritual guru lunatics, anytime, anywhere.

It's about how fast they are willing to unsell their soul.

On 19.11.2023 at 6:21 PM, Bazooka Jesus said:

Being the incurable Richard Wagner nut that I am, I have to ask... where did you pick up this Tristan Chord stuff? I've seen you mention it many times, but somehow you don't strike me as an old school 19th century German Romanticism enthusiast? :P

The suspense is killing me!

@Princess Arabia

Why so serious?

1 hour ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

The suspense is killing me!

@Princess Arabia

Life is a Self-Composing symphony; and it's objective is to make the best performance ever - an Infinitely emotive TRISTAN CHORD. Music is the cosmic heartbeat of the will to live. The music of the spheres is the collective effort of every soul's note that produces the music of God. It's all of us or none of us. All for one and one for all. In order to play perfectly, we need to be united with the rest of the souls together so the Universe can play in perfect accord. That's the performance of life. A performance we're all destined to play.

THE MUSICAL THEORY OF EXISTENCE by Steve Madison.

(I ran into this awhile back and thought it was beautiful; so I saved it).

@Princess Arabia

Nice!

Y'know, the Tristan chord is actually made of two chords; one (mildly) disharmonic chord gliding into another, leaving the whole thing unresolved... followied by silence, and then the whole thing again, only three semitones higher. Going from one unresoved state to another. That is how the opera Tristan Und Isolde starts, one of the most expressive and transcendental pieces of music of all time.

It's a beautiful musical symbol for longing and impermanence - and a hell of a way to start an opera, lol. People back then had never heard anything like it, and even to this day it's one of those unique & monolithic works of genius which only happen once in an aeon. Good stuff, to say the very least!

If you should ever decide to trip on shrooms or acid, put this on. It will blow you away into outer space and make you taste infinity. 9_9

Why so serious?

3 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

If you should ever decide to trip on shrooms or acid, put this on. It will blow you away into outer space and make you taste infinity

It would blow me away right through this computer to your house choking the shit outta you for making me listen to it while trippin. I would land right on your lap trippin' all the way to Tristan Infinitude if I was to try shrooms or acid.

8 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Y'know, the Tristan chord is actually made of two chords; one (mildly) disharmonic chord gliding into another, leaving the whole thing unresolved... followied by silence, and then the whole thing again, only three semitones higher. Going from one unresoved state to another.

This sounds like Reality. Nondual/dual, Relative/Absolute. The (/) represents the silence.

3 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

It would blow me away right through this computer to your house choking the shit outta you for making me listen to it while trippin. I would land right on your lap trippin' all the way to Tristan Infinitude if I was to try shrooms or acid.

Haha, sweet. 

4 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

This sounds like Reality. Nondual/dual, Relative/Absolute. The (/) represents the silence.

Eeeeeeeeeeexactly! It's the story of the universe in a nutshell!

Why so serious?