Agrande

Why is reality so tricky and paradoxical?

12 posts in this topic

Why does everything seem so random? Does it only seem random to us but not to god? Is everything already pre determined before it ever happens? Is there even such a thing as something being 'free'?

(i know these questions might seem stupid but I want someone to enlighten me on these basic questions)

Edited by Agrande

3 hours ago, Agrande said:

Why does everything seem so random? Does it only seem random to us but not to god? Is everything already pre determined before it ever happens? Is there even such a thing as something being 'free'?

1) everything is not totally random . It's a duality between randomness and order .

2)us =God.

3)yes everything is predetermined.  

4) no . Free well is anillusion .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Why is reality so tricky and paradoxical?

It is tricky when you deny yourself God. The paradox is that there is no difference between you and God, despite infinite differences.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Reality is an eternal self unfolding and self attuning, in a sense, paradox. You are the paradox, the rabbit that takes himself out of the magician's hat. And within it another hat, and another, and another, eternally. 

Edited by Vibroverse

16 hours ago, Agrande said:

Why does everything seem so random? 

Otherwise you wouldn't have atheists and life would be boring without them.

2 hours ago, An young being said:

Otherwise you wouldn't have atheists and life would be boring without them.

If everything is random, then everything is arbitrary. Therefore nothing is rational. 

Check mate atheists!

9 minutes ago, Parallax Mind said:

If everything is random, then everything is arbitrary. Therefore nothing is rational. 

Check mate atheists!

But hold on a second there, it is not that easy. Universe coming into being through random processes doesn't necessarily mean that it cannot be rational. 

2 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

2 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

But hold on a second there, it is not that easy. Universe coming into being through random processes doesn't necessarily mean that it cannot be rational. 

@Vibroverse an infinite random sequence of sounds will contain Bachs Masterpieces. They might sound logical and ordered but since they come out of randomness they really aren't!

15 minutes ago, Parallax Mind said:

@Vibroverse an infinite random sequence of sounds will contain Bachs Masterpieces. They might sound logical and ordered but since they come out of randomness they really aren't!

Atheism doesn't necessarily mean absolute randomness, and it is not even clear what we mean by random. And there are many forms of atheism, don't put them all into the same box. 

Reality is not random, it is organized by perfect laws at all levels. It is a design of perfection and beauty that goes far beyond what we can see.