PurpleTree

Who was Muhammad?

29 posts in this topic

Muslims believe he‘s the last prophet 

they also believe he‘s the best role model for humanity

the only person who saw heaven and hell while still alive 

moral, compassionate and looking for justice

critics say he was violent, war like, a pedophile

this guy says he wasn‘t the brightest and either influenced by people around him or channeled „something“

he was illiterate but a medium of some sorts at first thought he was possessed by jinns but then a christian woman told him he might have „something“

53 minutes ago, Nabd said:

Mohammad himself wasn't mentioned specifically and we don't know anything about him till 200 years later or so afte his supposed death in 630 or something.

That’s interesting i didn’t know that

@Nabd who do you think preserve the Quran and hadeeth? 

I don't know about you but for my source, it is connected to the prophet. And we have even the descendants of the prophet through his two grandchild. Hasan & Hussein. So it's not completely disconnected at all. 

Was he a mystic who wasn't interested in creating a new religion (like Jesus or Buddha) or a religion founder?

On 14.11.2023 at 2:56 AM, Nabd said:

Even the Shia traditon of lamenting the death of Hussein every year is just a continuation of the old traditions of the levant and mesopotamia of lamenting the death of Tammuz (Dimuzi). Even today the Levantine and Iraqi calendar is the same old solar clendar which is different than the Arabic lunar one.

Also this why people is fasting. They mourn for the sumerian half god Tammuz. He dies in summer reborns in spring. He is also connected with vegetation kinda like Jesus as well. 

assuming that Muhammad existed, was a merchant, wrote the Koran, it seems quite obvious that he was a very smart and ambitious local leader who traveled, understood the power of religion and founded one to unite the Arabs, with him being the king, and made them powerful by conquering others.

It seems quite obvious that he was not a real mystic, his message is obligation and prohibition. tribalism, hatred of those who are different, punishment and slavery. an intelligent medieval leader.

On 11/14/2023 at 0:11 AM, Lila9 said:

Was he a mystic who wasn't interested in creating a new religion (like Jesus or Buddha) or a religion founder?

A prophet is usually never a prophet in his own time, religion is founded after their time.

A mystic touches the essence, but a master is able to articulate that essence. Mystics know but know not how to transmit what they know. Both experience the sweetness of realization but only one is able to articulate it. Both have blossomed but only one can share the fragrance. Masters, master the art of bringing you to the same state of knowing.

The structure of a religion doesn't always indicate the state of being of the founder of that religion. The hope of religion is that it will bring about the same state of essential realization as the one who started it, but that essence gets lost in the establishment created around that essence, in the external structure and minutia.

Edited by zazen

28 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

assuming that Muhammad existed, was a merchant, wrote the Koran, it seems quite obvious that he was a very smart and ambitious local leader who traveled, understood the power of religion and founded one to unite the Arabs, with him being the king, and made them powerful by conquering others.

It seems quite obvious that he was not a real mystic, his message is obligation and prohibition. tribalism, hatred of those who are different, punishment and slavery. an intelligent medieval leader.

He didn’t write it himself. If he existed he was illiterate.

On 11/13/2023 at 4:10 PM, Nabd said:

We don't have any Arabic sources from early Islam. But we do have Syriac ones

what are the syriac sources ? can you link me to somthing is there a book ?

A pedophile warlord in direct telepathic communication with a God who looks suspiciously like some sort of evil, ego-filled accountant.
I don't see why L Ron Hubard would be a cult leader and not him.

No, actually Hubard seems definitively more intelligent and reliable.

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

Who was Abraham? 

You should seek to transcend the limitations of the ego and the mind in order to experience a sense of unity with the universe or ultimate reality. You can do meditation,sef inquiry and contemplating for that. To recognize the underlying oneness that is believed to exist beyond the realm of dualistic perception.

16 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

Who was Abraham? 

According to muslims he built the kaaba in mecca, i think it’s untrue though but i wasn’t there so who knows

kaaba means cube btw

also Abraham Lincoln honest abe they called him

Edited by PurpleTree

His miracle is that water can come out from his hands and people (60 or 50 people) can perform the wudū from his hand. From the water. 

Edited by Sabth

I heard that the name Baphomet

actually came from Mohammed/Muhammad

when muslims came to europe, christians/europeans thought they were doing weird rituals and thought they were praying to satan. 

not sure if true 

19 hours ago, Nabd said:

Coins from Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan, fifth Umayyad caliph, ruling from April 685 until his death in October 705. 

Also shows a pole which refers to Jesus not being crucified on a cross but on a single pole or wood (not cross).

standing_califh.jpg

I believed that in Islam it was forbidden to represent human or animal figures. Maybe this prohibition is after that coin?

10 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I believed that in Islam it was forbidden to represent human or animal figures. Maybe this prohibition is after that coin?

As far as I know, they use dirham. Like gold and silver. And during the prophet time, he was mad at Aisha for having a printed painting that shows a figure. 

Narrated `Aisha:

The Prophet (ﷺ) entered upon me while there was a curtain having pictures (of animals) in the house. His face got red with anger, and then he got hold of the curtain and tore it into pieces. The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Such people as paint these pictures will receive the severest punishment on the Day of Resurrection ."

45 minutes ago, Sabth said:

Narrated `Aisha:

The Prophet (ﷺ) entered upon me while there was a curtain having pictures (of animals) in the house. His face got red with anger, and then he got hold of the curtain and tore it into pieces. The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Such people as paint these pictures will receive the severest punishment on the Day of Resurrection ."

no jokes with Muhammad. sends you to eternal hell for drawing some curtains

He leaves two things for us 

"O People! No Prophet or apostle will come after me and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore O People! and understand words that I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Quran and the Sunnah and if you follow these you will never go astray."

https://www.iium.edu.my/deed/articles/thelastsermon.html

I don't think this is true though. This link. It's kinda...  Like something was added to it. Search for another hadeeth. /Source. 

https://sunnah.com/bukhari:1741

I don't think he said that Arabs and non Arabs are equal because Arab is indeed better than non Arabs. And I don't think he talks about White and black too. 

I think there is a hadeeth which says for us to love the Arabs. 

‘Love the Arabs for three reasons: Because I am an Arab, The Quran is in Arabic and the language of Jannah is Arabic’

I only believe Sahih Bukhari. 

So this hadeeth above might be weak.

Edited by Sabth

@Nabd did you know about this guy who have a photographic memory ?

Edited by Sabth