Husseinisdoingfine

Dear Leo, why are you quoting exclusively Islamic/Sufi sources on your blog?

83 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, HMD said:

@PurpleTree I have those on my list as well, the ones in Turkey, too. Let me know if you actually visit. We can cross paths someday, perhaps watch the patterns on psychedelics 

Yea man who knows maybe 👍 anything’s possible

Don't forget, spirituality takes different forms depending on one's Spiral stage.

There is not one Islam, one Christianity, one Hinduism, one Buddhism. There are many.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Davino said:

Most people just laugh at religion but have not even gone through the deep end of religion and came out the other way to keep awakening. This is mostly the case with Leo but most people just think they can shortcut, laugh and strawman true religious mysticism. I'm sorry to tell you that you are kidding yourself. This is a general comment not intended to anyone specifically but I wanted to say this from a long time ago...

I disagree, religion is only for those who have not understood the purpose and the meaning behind all religious messages. All religions point to the Truth, but they are indirect methods to connect to it. Eventually you must shed all religions and form a personal connection with the TRUTH and become your own internal religion. 

Now with that said religion does have other uses like community outreach, but the main purpose of religion is to be a gateway for those who are spiritually immature and need training wheels to develop. But once you understand the principles of No Self, The Self, Self Love, Unconditional Love, Infinity, Masculine Love, Feminine Love, at a deep level that is when you become the Master of Love. Because you have attained Self-Mastery. 

Now regarding Leo....I think he is fine as he has a proper epistemological understanding into the nature of Love, I only think he needs to work on his bias of humans. He does not hold humans in high enough regard in my opinion and I believe it masks his ability to see the beauty in humanity. Humanity is very beautiful.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

As far as I can remember he only quoted Sufi sources which is Turkish version of Islam. Totally different from Arabic Islam. 

48 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

As far as I can remember he only quoted Sufi sources which is Turkish version of Islam. Totally different from Arabic Islam. 

Sufism is not “turkish” islam

it’s more like mystic or esoteric islam it probably originated in persia/iran

39 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Sufism is not “turkish” islam

it’s more like mystic or esoteric islam it probably originated in persia/iran

Iran is more Shia, not Sufi.  Never came across a Sufi from Iran while I know a bunch from Turkey. Most of its literature is written there. 

4 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Iran is more Shia, not Sufi.  Never came across a Sufi from Iran while I know a bunch from Turkey. Most of its literature is written there. 

And turkey is more sunni

@Husseinisdoingfine

On 2023-10-23 at 3:18 PM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I'm not condemning you, just curious.

Like, do you have an upsurge of fascination in Islam, the Qu'ran, etc..? Because recently on your blog, you've been quoting sources such as; Fakhruddin Iraqi, Jalāl al-Dīn Muḥammad Rūmī, and Sultan Bahu. 

Care to explain why?

I don't know, he needs more Taoism, tai chi and chi gong, @Leo Gura is too head space orientated too much with all these spiritual quotes.

14 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Husseinisdoingfine

I don't know, he needs more Taoism, tai chi and chi gong, @Leo Gura is too head space orientated too much with all these spiritual quotes.

au contraire ... notice that he quotes after each piece of secular content ... he is keeping it balanced and showing what's important ... a foot in both worlds, in the world but not of the world

17 hours ago, Davino said:

Most people just laugh at religion but have not even gone through the deep end of religion and came out the other way to keep awakening. This is mostly the case with Leo but most people just think they can shortcut, laugh and strawman true religious mysticism. I'm sorry to tell you that you are kidding yourself. This is a general comment not intended to anyone specifically but I wanted to say this from a long time ago...

when you awaken you quit every morsel of religion in righteous disgust ... you are heretical

when enlightened you embrace every corridor of religion with unbridled passion ... you are enchanted

because for the first time you know what the word actually means

and you know that god's kids are there waiting for you and all the treasures and miracles and kingdoms

Edited by gettoefl

16 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

How about this statement

mystics will make their religion “work” for them, wether it is islam, christianity, hinduism etc

because in certain times they have no choice than to claim a certain religion but they will go deep and closer to truth with anything

mysticism doesn't need religion, religion needs mysticism

so the mystic knows he risks all if he dares venture to the pulpit 

@StarStruck “Sufism started as an imitation of the Prophet's (PBUH) simplicity and spiritual life in a time where the Umayyad caliphs lived lavishly. The origins of Sufism have certainly been extensively debated but that Persia was the cradle of traditional Sufism is beyond any doubt.“

Edited by HMD

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't forget, spirituality takes different forms depending on one's Spiral stage.

There is not one Islam, one Christianity, one Hinduism, one Buddhism. There are many.

Isn’t all religion just an aping of stage turquoise really?

19 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Do you think that for a spiritual awakening you must have passed a religious stage?

No, but I do claim that each religion has explored specific states of consciousness and developed a certain technology to access them.

You can tap into those states for yourself but it's like discovering math versus studying maths. It's better to study what has been studied and awake to what has not been yet discovered. Maybe even develop a technology for that like Leo is doing with psychedelics.

17 hours ago, Razard86 said:

I disagree, religion is only for those who have not understood the purpose and the meaning behind all religious messages. All religions point to the Truth, but they are indirect methods to connect to it. Eventually you must shed all religions and form a personal connection with the TRUTH and become your own internal religion. 

Totally agree with that. My post is just to bring some balance into: "all religions are absolute nonsense and are clueless". I mean depends where you are, very few have transcended fully all religious breath and depth of states of consciousness/awakenings, yet some of them are here 

3 hours ago, gettoefl said:

when you awaken you quit every morsel of religion in righteous disgust ... you are heretical

when enlightened you embrace every corridor of religion with unbridled passion ... you are enchanted

True. Everytime I awake deeper I find more meaningful the essence of each religion but I'm also disgust by it's ignorance and corruption.

3 hours ago, gettoefl said:

mysticism doesn't need religion, religion needs mysticism

so the mystic knows he risks all if he dares venture to the pulpit

This is the reason why most religions are dying right now. No more mystics... no more saints... no more sages... 

16 minutes ago, Davino said:

This is the reason why most religions are dying right now. No more mystics... no more saints... no more sages... 

yes ... both a course in miracles and the disappearance of reality, suggest some 3rd-millennium ways forward

1 hour ago, HMD said:

@StarStruck “Sufism started as an imitation of the Prophet's (PBUH) simplicity and spiritual life in a time where the Umayyad caliphs lived lavishly. The origins of Sufism have certainly been extensively debated but that Persia was the cradle of traditional Sufism is beyond any doubt.“

In Iran Sufism is not prominent 

@StarStruck Of course, they are dominated by Shias. It’s odd of you to point this out. 

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."