vibv

Get off this forum!! (but return)

16 posts in this topic

So many of the discussions here devolve into senseless battles about the "right" worldview or perspective on God. Or they can end up becoming a circle jerk, where we all congratulate each other for our spiritual achievements.

I'm not saying that every discussion is like this, else I wouldn't even bother to write here. There are nuggets of wisdom every now and again, as well as people seriously doing the work and looking for support on something they got stuck on. That's all completely fine and beautiful.
That's also based on direct experience.

All you say should be backed up by your direct experience, else it isn't worth anything. We don't need to produce more vapour, we should strive for conciseness & clarity.

When I realize that I became entangled in some discussion here and I'm now just defending my view, I say fuck it! – and do more of the work. And then I return when I have something significant to contribute. And you should too.

I think a good rule of thumb would be – I call it the "silence rule" (that also applies to any kind of art):

"Would my post be more meaningful than just being silent?"

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

Well said.

These days, I mainly regard this forum as a neat tool for shadow work that reflects my own follies right back at me... as well as a playground where I get to let my inner divine joker / spiritual smart ass roam free and have a f@&%ing ball, lol. But it definitely is a double-edged sword where you have to be careful not to turn into a complete self-glorious poseur and get so lost in the silliness that you don't find the exit anymore. One foot in and one foot out is the name of the game.

1 hour ago, vibv said:

I think a good rule of thumb would be – I call it the "silence rule" (that also applies to any kind of art):

Agreed. And I think another golden rule of thumb would be the following: For every 11 months during which you visit the forum more or less daily, make sure that you take at least one month off in between in order to recover your sanity. (I have to admit that my own forum holiday is woefully overdue at this point... let's just hope that they don't have any Wi-Fi in India, heh. ^_^)

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

3 hours ago, vibv said:

When I realize that I became entangled in some discussion here and I'm now just defending my view, I say fuck it! – and do more of the work. And then I return when I have something significant to contribute. And you should too.

True. Too much masturbation is not good for health!

1 hour ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

let's just hope that they don't have any Wi-Fi in India, heh. ^_^

You can find many such hotels without wifi! Just check before booking though.

It is a design problem, anybody can say something. Think about what would happen if youtube would suggest you random videos with no value in them, in short time you would ignore the video suggestions as you ignore the advertising banners. But here? Here any kid that plays WoW all day could paint himself as a wise person and answer first to your question/topic and no matter how much police work the mods do, it will still be like this. When everyone gets a voice, the quality is reduced. Come here when you have a specific problem that hinders your development, and in the rest, DO the damn work! 

Edited by Alexop

Wondering if there are forums where your post must be aproved by a mod.

Edited by Alexop

12 minutes ago, Alexop said:

Wondering if there are forums where your post must be aproved by a mod.

Such a system can backfire. If your posts must be approved by a mod, you'd have to assume that the mods themselves were wise enough to judge whether your post constituted as wise or not. This could easily turn into an echo chamber where true wisdom got suppressed. Same can happen here, as people can get banned, but at least they get a chance to express themselves openly where everyone can see it. The whole elimination process doesn't happen behind a curtain. If someone were to be suppressed wrongfully, others could potentially speak up.

beep boop

9 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Such a system can backfire. If your posts must be approved by a mod, you'd have to assume that the mods themselves were wise enough to judge whether your post constituted as wise or not. This could easily turn into an echo chamber where true wisdom got suppressed. Same can happen here, as people can get banned, but at least they get a chance to express themselves openly where everyone can see it. The whole elimination process doesn't happen behind a curtain. If someone were to be suppressed wrongfully, others could potentially speak up.

Gotta love history.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

41 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Yea, anyway you put it will not be perfect.

Edited by Alexop

6 hours ago, Alexop said:

Come here when you have a specific problem that hinders your development, and in the rest, DO the damn work!

I don't agree with is this. Not the do the work part, but to only come on here when you have a specific problem. It's a forum where people share ideas, insights, information, suggestions, videos and also fun topics and more, including challenges we're facing. To suggest to come on here only when we have a problem, to me, would make people start to only think of the problems in their life just to interact with other members. That's not a good incentive. People will start to make up problems.

It's also a great forum for some quality information, if you search for it. There is a "Powerful" section in the Spirituality category and a health section that i started that can provide quality information for those interested away from the "hum-bum chatter, which can sometimes provide some good info along with some other Sub-forum topics. Navigation is the key as well as taking well-needed breaks, but not to only come here for problem-solving.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

- Unnecessarily high expectations with this forum may be disputable. Concise, structured transrational information of metaphysics is introduced by actualized's videos and gurus. They sketch out arguably effective self-reflective mindframe for ego-dissolution and awawakenings, as well as safety consideration. This forum entertains modest long tail of details | complexity | inout reflection, allowing perpetual refinements on criticisms | suggestions | chaos-based open-mindedness. Self-exploration and personal growth medium inexorably expose to redundancy and low information density due to similitude in self-deception dynamics.
- Spiritual love-bombing | carrot is problematic, and may push perspectives into transdimensional work mismatched with capabilities | sensitivities. `congratulate each other for our spiritual achievements` Limited emphasis on autonomy is a valid criticism.
- Individual intuition precedes social pressure. Caution is advised to deter from emotional exploitation and invalidation. We are not the sum of the lies others throw at us.
- `backed up by your direct experience, else it isn't worth anything` while not wrong, this may be a limiting belief. The forum includes transitory sections for health, personal development, politics, and modern intellectualism necessary for stabilitated dreams prior to awookness which can not be ignored, in spite of inconvenience | inherent overflowing noise.
- `spiritual smart [butt] roam free` Caution not to sustain self-centric bias, i.e. projection and smugness. Actors are allowed to funpost | expresses emotions (suffering, humor, complaisance, ...) | theorize | speculate, as long as maintaining respectfulness, clarity and transparence over credibility | wisdom limitations, including unknown-of-unknown awareness, i.e. Dunning-Kruger.
- Balance of tones may mitigate aforementioned pitfalls. If you were trolling too, you wouldn't have this problem. („• ֊ •„)

This message is no authoritative stance on subject of choice, nor legally advisory with respect to spacial boundaries inheritance. 

Edited by nuwu

6 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

I don't agree with is this. Not the do the work part, but to only come on here when you have a specific problem. It's a forum where people share ideas, insights, information, suggestions, videos and also fun topics and more, including challenges we're facing. To suggest to come on here only when we have a problem, to me, would make people start to only think of the problems in their life just to interact with other members. That's not a good incentive. People will start to make up problems.

It's also a great forum for some quality information, if you search for it. There is a "Powerful" section in the Spirituality category and a health section that i started that can provide quality information for those interested away from the "hum-bum chatter, which can sometimes provide some good info along with some other Sub-forum topics. Navigation is the key as well as taking well-needed breaks, but not to only come here for problem-solving.

Depends on who we are reffering to, I believe most people are at such a low level here, that they should not waste all their time here, but contemplating, meditating, reading and having real direct experiences. Any stupid kid can come with smart posts and topics, the real change is in our behaviour. If you think it helps to stay here all day, do it, who am I to say you shouldn't. But be honest with yourself and ask: Did I change my behaviour in the last year? Ideas and knowledge mean nothing if your behaviour is the same, if you and the people around you(whom you influence) still suffer exactly like before. 

Edited by Alexop

22 hours ago, vibv said:

So many of the discussions here devolve into senseless battles about the "right" worldview or perspective on God. Or they can end up becoming a circle jerk, where we all congratulate each other for our spiritual achievements.

Fools love fooling each other! :D

22 hours ago, vibv said:

All you say should be backed up by your direct experience, else it isn't worth anything. We don't need to produce more vapour, we should strive for conciseness & clarity.

Direct experience generates the highest understanding and insights. But relying too much on it can be impractical.

If somebody wants or needs to share something with no direct experience behind it, they must be conscientious about it; ensuring what they share is sensible or at least carefully thought out.  

22 hours ago, vibv said:

That's a manifestation of tact.

13 hours ago, Alexop said:

Come here when you have a specific problem that hinders your development, and in the rest, DO the damn work! 

And if you have something sensible or at least interesting to say.

You know you're doing correct self-help, philosophy and spirituality when your feelings, perspectives, worldviews, and lifestyle change for the better. It affects every aspect of your life; the way you talk, walk, act, and react. I know this is the case. This insight is based on direct experience.

If you don't actually go and eat that mango or apple and instead, you spend too much time talking about how delicious the mango or apple is and how you would love to eat it; your tragic life is your own doing. You did that shit to yourself.  

* This message is for the public, not specifically for you.

Edited by jimwell
clarified it a bit

@jimwell the ego will do anything possible, will play all possible tricks so that you don't change your behaviour for the better or for the worse. It will try to play games of wisdom and knowledge with other egos on the internet or face to face. Just check how much talk is here in the spirituality section. I bet most people here cannot fix basic stuff in their life like having a healthy social life surrounded by sound and good people, or eating healthy and exercising. How can you convince me you found God and shit when you can't even clean your room properly? God cleans his room, eats healthy, has a job that he loves doing, and does not spend time talking shit. We have serious problems in the world right now, we need people to change their behaviour and come to tier 2 level of acting and thinking. Put that Maslow's piramid on your wall!

Edited by Alexop

4 hours ago, Alexop said:

If you think it helps to stay here all day, do it, who am I to say you shouldn't

I'm usually precise in a point I'm trying to make so there are no confusions. I said I wasn't referring to the "do the work" part of your statement and I addressed the "to come here when you only have a problem" part. You went around the bend and addressed everything other than the point i was trying to make. No one said to stay here all day. That's an exaggeration on your part. 

I always say, if one has to exaggerate to get their point across, then they don't fully believe in their own stance. If you noticed I said "hum-bum chatter", so I do agree there is some nonsense chit chatter at times, and I also said "take well needed breaks". You addressed nothing of what I said and just gave off the energy of one that's just ranting and raving. 

I have also noticed some on here that are trying to better themselves and to be a better version of themselves and are taking advice from people and are making a change. That's what happens when you notice the good things in life rather than focusing on the bad, which are all relative. You're coming across like a strict school principal or a domineering parent that most adults will not relate to. Tough love is one thing, but criticizing and belittling people in the process by calling them stupid will only bring on defending and resenting. 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

@Princess Arabia so see? We two did not get one bit of help from this conversation, people just tell their opinion, understand what they want and waste time. Debatig is a waste of time especially here where the communication is very poor.

I’m glad to say I’ve spent quite some time without being on the forum like I used to be. I do miss parts of being more involved here, but I have to say that constantly being on here is likely to do more harm than good eventually. This community and Leo’s teachings are great, however, bias affects us all. It’s difficult to accurately measure the bias of doing this Actualized.org flavored work compared to other areas of life development or other spiritual avenues until you actually step away for an extended period of time to see the ways you change as well as notice what stays consistent. 

The foundation you can build here is quite unique and potent though. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead.