Aquarius

What should I do at this point...

10 posts in this topic

I need some advice from some older people of what I should focus on now that I am almost 26 years old.

I feel my life is really empty because I am unemployed but I cannot get employed because I dont have any experience in any field, and I dont have the education either at least not yet. I havent gone to university because I failed my high school bachelors. I can retake it any summer but all that free time is shit still. Yes I will study, but then again so many free time....

All I do is read and read and read. I read all kinds of random books I find. I think I should focus more on self help books. I bought Leos book list years ago. Never really used it idk i just forgot, dont be hard on me.. I recently bought some philosophy and politics books, but I dont know how useful will they be long term. I usually read novels for young women like me. You will know the kind.

I think I deserve more from life then just wake up, eat, read, listen to music, eat again, and sleep. And on repeat. 

What should I do with all this time on my hands? Should I continue my art and try to become an artist? I am not that passionate about it anymore...

Also as a side note I dont know if I ever will get employed because I suffer from mental illness and because I take medication I cannot work properly. I do volunteering stuff sometimes. But I dont want to end up like my mother. She is also on handicap money and has a lot of free time and she would rather work but now its too late for her.

Are you in need of money? I mean, are you forcing yourself to go to a job because you need money for survival?

Edited by An young being

Finding your life purpose would be the best solution here. I have a course on that.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Finding your life purpose would be the best solution here. I have a course on that.

Sounds like a good bargain, especially if you have enough money. Maybe you should try that. I had gone through the topics and they all seem good to me. Try to keep an open mind though, since even Leo can't be always right!

5 hours ago, Aquarius said:

What should I do with all this time on my hands?

Go travel the world or something :D

Or find a passion.

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

19 hours ago, Aquarius said:

I think I should focus more on self help books.

That would be a great start to get some inspiration. Those books can get you on the right track very fast.

Edited by Snader

@Snader Unless you have read too many of them in your life. :P There is a point at which self-help material becomes insufferable, unless it's one of the best self-help books ever. Too many books that are just poor and made on the model of find a niche, write a good marketing copy, write as fast as possible, release, repeat. I find it to be a very shitty business model when it comes to delivered value, but sadly good for profits. For me such books hold no value, the world would be a better place if they just didn't exist. Fuck capitalism. End of the rant.

@Girzo yeah self help is full of traps. It's best to have a need, and find a good self help book for it. Almost like finding the right screwdriver for a faulty screw. That's one pov at least 

its more of a means to an end 

Edited by Jacob Morres

On 10/14/2023 at 8:46 AM, Aquarius said:

I need some advice from some older people of what I should focus on now that I am almost 26 years old.

I feel my life is really empty because I am unemployed but I cannot get employed because I dont have any experience in any field, and I dont have the education either at least not yet. I havent gone to university because I failed my high school bachelors. I can retake it any summer but all that free time is shit still. Yes I will study, but then again so many free time....

All I do is read and read and read. I read all kinds of random books I find. I think I should focus more on self help books. I bought Leos book list years ago. Never really used it idk i just forgot, dont be hard on me.. I recently bought some philosophy and politics books, but I dont know how useful will they be long term. I usually read novels for young women like me. You will know the kind.

I think I deserve more from life then just wake up, eat, read, listen to music, eat again, and sleep. And on repeat. 

What should I do with all this time on my hands? Should I continue my art and try to become an artist? I am not that passionate about it anymore...

Also as a side note I dont know if I ever will get employed because I suffer from mental illness and because I take medication I cannot work properly. I do volunteering stuff sometimes. But I dont want to end up like my mother. She is also on handicap money and has a lot of free time and she would rather work but now its too late for her.

Your solution is to get a good job. 

On 14/10/2023 at 2:46 AM, Aquarius said:

What should I do with all this time on my hands?

That’s entirely up to you, but I suggest you learn to motivate yourself.

you have Leo’s book list, but you haven’t used it. You have a very affordable Life Purpose Course which you haven’t bought. And you have a place to live and food to eat without having to do anything for it, so you realise what a good position you’re in?

If moving back in with my parents was a reasonable option for me, I would do it so I could build my business 10 times faster.

You can do anything you want with your life. But it’s going to be all over pretty soon (a human life is not that long) and I’m a few short decades you’re going to be too old to do the things you dreamed of now.

Listen to some motivational speeches on YouTube and get moving for God’s sake.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/