ChimpBrain

Leo, Has Your Opinion On The Metaphysics Of The Law Of Attraction Changed?

24 posts in this topic

Long story short, I never took the Idea of the Law of Attraction very seriously. I watched both of your videos on it way back when I first discovered the channel and it basically boiled down to a glorified form of mindfulness as far as I could tell. Like "be conscious of when you're having negative thoughts, and when you do , let them go and focus on something more positive" and this will cause you to have a happier more abundant life, but only because due to this, your physical interaction with your surroundings will change. Since these videos are older and you seem to have made a pretty drastic shift in what you think is possible/probable about reality lately, I was just curious if you still believe it's all perfectly explainable through logic/rationality or whether you now give more credence to the possibility that there is some kind of mystical or "energy" or "vibration" related explanation.

Like I said I never took it very seriously. Partly because of the mystical explanation and partly because I related it to use for the attainment of material possessions. We had a couple over for dinner last weekend who are super into it and were proselytizing all evening. They wouldn't hear any of my skepticism and provided anecdote after anecdote. They also believe in every conspiracy theory under the sun and claim to have communication with the dead, so needless to say my skepticism is on full tilt from the get-go. The husband is someone who I've always actually liked though, so I watched some "Abraham" Hicks videos today and I've gotta say, it's such a sexy idea it's one of those things that a person WANTS to believe in. But therein lies the trap lol. I think I've found some value in it regardless of whether it really has anything to do with energy or vibrations, but I was just curious if you're thought process on it had transformed at all.

Thank you @Leo Gura

And anyone else feel free to chime in with your thoughts/experiences too. I made the thread to ask Leo but I'm interested in anyone's opinions (as long as you're not a flat earther :p)

Edited by ChimpBrain
Typos

@ChimpBrain Your inner experience will always mirror the outside circumstances  so you can learn from them in the fastest way possible and climb the ladder from desperation to bliss.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

Finding the whole you inside of one vibration. This is your entire journy how you create each moment.  

Inside. Peace. Happiness. 

Outside is the story your mind creates to live in the normal or however you desire. Living in a dream world.

Or manifesting creating your every moment how you wish. Love . happiness. Appreciation. abundance.

Or guilt. Sadness. Thoughts of why she said no/rejection. Our minds always going everywhere always scowling.

Free will/ choice and action. Aummmm.

Its just a thought in your mind focused on what it wants to create/bring about vs being focused on other things such as negative thinking, distractions and things such as this. If you're always contemplating on what you want in your life the more opportunities, chances and insights you'll find to make it a reality and vice versa. That's all. Sorry people around you get all woo woo with this idea. 

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

@ChimpBrain The evidence for paranormal phenomena is overwhelming. And it makes perfect sense given that reality is nondual and conscious. But nevertheless, I think most people into LoA understate the mechanical aspects of it. Changes in thoughts lead to changes in emotions lead to changes in actions lead to changes in results. You don't need some fancy quantum mechanical explanation for that. Although there probably is paranormal stuff going on around the fringes or for very advanced spiritual practitioners.

People into LoA tend to crave "spiritual" explanations for things. Yes, if you want to get super-spiritual you could argue that the muffin you eat in the morning was baked by God. But it's also simpler to say it was baked by your oven using chemical heat. Yes, your oven is technically God, so if you want to get all spiritual about it, you can.

There are many different frameworks for explaining natural phenomena.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 hours ago, Truth said:

Its just a thought in your mind focused on what it wants to create/bring about vs being focused on other things such as negative thinking, distractions and things such as this. If you're always contemplating on what you want in your life the more opportunities, chances and insights you'll find to make it a reality and vice versa. That's all. Sorry people around you get all woo woo with this idea. 

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@ChimpBrain The evidence for paranormal phenomena is overwhelming. And it makes perfect sense given that reality is nondual and conscious. But nevertheless, I think most people into LoA understate the mechanical aspects of it. Changes in thoughts lead to changes in emotions lead to changes in actions lead to changes in results. You don't need some fancy quantum mechanical explanation for that. Although there probably is paranormal stuff going on around the fringes or for very advanced spiritual practitioners.

People into LoA tend to crave "spiritual" explanations for things. Yes, if you want to get super-spiritual you could argue that the muffin you eat in the morning was baked by God. But it's also simpler to say it was baked by your oven using chemical heat. Yes, your oven is technically God, so if you want to get all spiritual about it, you can.

There are many different frameworks for explaining natural phenomena.

Thank you both! This is the explanation I was leaning toward before watching the "Abraham" Hicks material. It makes perfect sense. We all know that person who's energy and enthusiasm for life just feels great to be around. Of course that person is going to have more successful relationships and business connections, the interactions they have with random people all day everyday will have a positive tint to them, and all of this adds up over time.  And then we all know that person who's the polar opposite of that. It's not necessary to attribute a mystical cause to something that can be explained logically. I've been more open to mystical/paranormal stuff lately after hearing Ram Dass talk about some of the inexplicable things his guru Maharaji did while he lived with him in India, but like Leo mentioned, this is an extremely advanced spiritual practitioner, and these people are not lol. I also don't doubt that wholeheartedly believing in LoA with zero nagging doubt can help you to maintain the positive mindset necessary for it to work. Sort of like someone who truly believes in paradise for martyrs has no fear of blowing themselves up for the cause. 

Thanks again!

@Leo Gura ....if paranormal phenomena is true, then isn't it the same as natural phenomena? Wouldn't calling it paranormal be the same as saying it's not actually real? As in, again, if it were real, and not produced by technology, then it is natural.  I must be missing something. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Leo Gura ....if paranormal phenomena is true, then isn't it the same as natural phenomena? Wouldn't calling it paranormal be the same as saying it's not actually real? As in, again, if it were real, and not produced by technology, then it is natural.  I must be missing something. 

@Nahm You might just be misunderstanding the definition of paranormal. It just means something that's inexplicable via current scientific knowledge.

@Leo Gura Now I am starting to understand that society told us when we were kids that the world is very simple and that we have to get a job and earn money and then we will be gone. -actually that's a fantasy??!!?? The reality is much more complex than that? Paranormal, Enlightenment, 10th dimension, and so many different paradigms.... WOW!!!

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

@ChimpBrain I probably am. Thanks. Could you give me an example what you mean by something that is unexplainable? 

Sure, some have already been mentioned in the thread but other examples would include ghosts/spirits, ESP, telepathy, Astral projection, near death experiences, alien abductions, etc. I'm sure you could Google and find a loooong list of examples. 

@ChimpBrain I understand what you mean now. Thanks. I've just never seen any of that so to me it's fictional, vs unexplainable.  I would love to observe any of that, and I've been open minded about all of it since I was a kid. Just never saw anything but fiction. Heard a lot of stories from adults who remember a story they made up when they were a kid. Have you by any chance experienced any of those?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

What is the importance of love in LoA ?

I've heard from Christophe Allain that yes, reality is self-created and LoA works.

But if you use it in a selfish way, you'll have the consequences of it.

A story : someone wanted one million dollars, he used LoA. He got his million, but how ? His whole family died in an accident, the sum of inheritance were about one milion dollars.

I don't know if this story is genuine, but it may illustrate a certain law in our universe.

Edited by Soulbass

11 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@ChimpBrain I understand what you mean now. Thanks. I've just never seen any of that so to me it's fictional, vs unexplainable.  I would love to observe any of that, and I've been open minded about all of it since I was a kid. Just never saw anything but fiction. Heard a lot of stories from adults who remember a story they made up when they were a kid. Have you by any chance experienced any of those?

No I have not, nothing even close, my default position has been skepticism since I was a kid and started to question to the religious teachings my parents raised me under, and the older I got the more that was the case... until I found Leo's channel. I think it's important to make a distinction here though, what's fictional to you would be paranormal to the person who actually experienced the event. If one of these fictional events actually happened to you, and you were convinced it was real, it would go from fictional to Paranormal in an instant from your perspective. Im sure there are people here who can explain this far better than me, it's not something I'm well versed in at all, hence why I'm asking questions myself :)

11 minutes ago, Soulbass said:

@Nahm you're experiencing it all the time.  Your brain just filters out the mystical aspects of human life because it's way safer and easier to live in a convincing reality.  It would be really overwhelming if you were actually aware of all that is happening in this moment.  Just have faith that actions you took yesterday will produce positive and sometimes unexpected results tomorrow.  Keep adding positively motivated actions and non-actions, and sometimes be authentic in your need for support through your fears.  Start to appreciate direct and indirect results more.  You are very powerful, even if you don't believe it yet.

21 minutes ago, MissMiki said:

@Nahm you're experiencing it all the time.  Your brain just filters out the mystical aspects of human life because it's way safer and easier to live in a convincing reality.  It would be really overwhelming if you were actually aware of all that is happening in this moment.  Just have faith that actions you took yesterday will produce positive and sometimes unexpected results tomorrow.  Keep adding positively motivated actions and non-actions, and sometimes be authentic in your need for support through your fears.  Start to appreciate direct and indirect results more.  You are very powerful, even if you don't believe it yet.

From this reply I presume you're into law of attraction or parallel beliefs to some degree? If so, what's your honest take? I can't tell whether or not you're implying a mystical cause/connection or making a similar statement to what Leo said above. I know your reply wasn't directed at me, I'm just trying to see this from ad many perspectives as possible. 

9 minutes ago, Bebop said:

@Nahm This was a book that I read recently that blew my mind, not saying its 100% true but it gave me a satisfactory answer towards past life memories, ghosts, spirit guides etc. If you are open minded I'd definitely recommend check it out   https://www.amazon.com/Journey-Souls-Studies-Between-Lives/dp/1567184855/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491006189&sr=8-1&keywords=journey+of+souls

Thanks, added it to my audible list. 

@ChimpBrain Awesome, let me know what you think about it when you finish it. A lot of it resonated with me on a deep level

10 hours ago, Nahm said:

That's right. "Normal" and "paranormal" are just social conventions. What's paranormal for mainstream Western society might be totally normal to an experienced yogi or a shaman in the Amazon rainforest.

Is seeing a demon or an angle paranormal? Most Westerners would say Yes! Because what "paranormal" really means is: "My paradigm of reality doesn't allow such a phenomena to be possible." But of course, one's paradigm of reality could be wrong.

A smart phone would have been viewed as paranormal by the ancient Greeks, for example. To us, it is normal. If you showed up to a forum in Athens with a smart phone, you would have probably been called a witch, put to trial, and hung.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

what "paranormal" really means is: "My paradigm of reality doesn't allow such a phenomena to be possible."

Why dont most modern day people notice the paranormal activity, and it colliding with their worldview then? If it is truly there?

No one in the west are being hung anymore.