TheWind

Don’t want to be alone in the universe

84 posts in this topic

Just watched one  Leo’s live awakening. Wow. Very elevating video. Was watching it hoping to motivate myself to face the absolute. But I wasn’t expecting the absolute to face me haha. But I’m having trouble dealing with the fact that I am all alone in the universe. I find this terrifying. I was wondering if anyone had a different perspective on this that might help me get over this. Thank you.

Focus your attention on the pursuit of Truth, and then whatever it happens to be will be good.

Why aren't you curious about what is true? Why do you need it to be some way you want?

Don't you see that whatever is true is what's Good! And whatever is good but isn't true is bad.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Reality is mind.

These perceptions are all imaginary.

Aloneness is conceptal. Oneness is conceptal.

Self is conceptual.

Let go.

Edited by tuku747

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Why aren't you curious about what is true? Why do you need it to be some way you want?

Don't you see that whatever is true is what's Good! And whatever is good but isn't true is bad.

I am extremely curious about what is true however I don’t believe I am fully seeing the connection between good  and truth.  I have a conceptual understanding of absolute truth and a couple of recent experience with it that have been totally life changing. But I haven’t ben able to  surrender to the experience. 

My ego doesn’t want to let go of other people out of fear of the pain that would come along with it. I can let go of myself but now I don’t know how to deal with letting of other people. But then obviously I haven’t fully let go of myself if “I” am still holding on to other people.

Do I have to let go of other people before I can fully let go of myself?

You're having trouble because you believe that you are alone, which isn't the case. You can't believe your way into awareness of yourself.

The universe can't "be alone" in itself, it has no such feature. Lack of yourself is always inferred through mind and then reacted to through self-deprecating thoughts and any accompanied biological reactions, like a fast heartbeat or adrenaline for example.

There's nothing to really get over. You can see that a belief was recently generated, and that this belief now creates unpleasant sensations within you. You haven't become aware of anything but belief, the belief which can be "ungenerated" or let go of. Any beliefs about yourself are a cheap and dysfunctional substitute for the real thing.

Notice how the idea/belief "You aren't actually alone" creates a tinge of relief within you. You haven't changed before or after, your beliefs about yourself have.

Nothing has changed in experience but belief. Experience doesn't deal with a lack of anything, beliefs do because they are based on percisely what is not experienced.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@TheWind God is infinitely skilled at self-deception and pretension games, if this helps..

16 minutes ago, TheWind said:

My ego doesn’t want to let go of other people

But why not? What is lost if other people aren't true? Why want other people if they are false?

In this work you are rewarded for trusting in truth.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But why not? What is lost if other people aren't true? Why want other people if they are false?

In this work you are rewarded for trusting in truth.

Had I heard this from you when I was 15, when I had the same mental breakdown as OP, I would've been the luckiest person alive.

God likes to cosplay as a human O.o xDxD

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't you see that whatever is true is what's Good!

How can you trust in that if you didn't experience it? I did, but I can see why it can be very hard to anticipate.

My explanation and interpretation would be: Truth is the only thing that exists, you are it and it is also infinite and eternal. therefore it must be absolutely Good. Because for something to be bad or evil requires that it would be able to harm you.

Evil requires you to be limited.

But you have to also have realized that there can't be anything but Truth. There are so many insights, big and small, required to see that Truth ultimately equals Good.

Therefore there's this unspoken nagging question: "What if Truth isn't Good!? What if I find out that it's the most nightmarish thing ever?"

This can not be answered through language, it has to be seen. You must first be tired of falsehood to finally be ready to lift the veil – WHATEVER there is on the other side. Because you just want to finally know the TRUTH.

@TheWind Get to that point first, and then you will find out for yourself.

Edited by vibv

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

55 minutes ago, Osaid said:

You're having trouble because you believe that you are alone, which isn't the case. You can't believe your way into awareness of yourself.

The universe can't "be alone" in itself, it has no such feature. Lack of yourself is always inferred through mind and then reacted to through self-deprecating thoughts and any accompanied biological reactions, like a fast heartbeat or adrenaline for example.

There's nothing to really get over. You can see that a belief was recently generated, and that this belief now creates unpleasant sensations within you. You haven't become aware of anything but belief, the belief which can be "ungenerated" or let go of. Any beliefs about yourself are a cheap and dysfunctional substitute for the real thing.

Notice how the idea/belief "You aren't actually alone" creates a tinge of relief within you. You haven't changed before or after, your beliefs about yourself have.

Nothing has changed in experience but belief. Experience doesn't deal with a lack of anything, beliefs do because they are based on percisely what is not experienced.

Nailed it as usual, brother. ?

Why so serious?

@TheWind  

Solitude implies limits, if there are no limits there is no loneliness. If you feel like you are alone, you are limited. 

55 minutes ago, vibv said:

How can you trust in that if you didn't experience it?

You can't know. But you can simply desire truth.

The problem is that you're looking for a guaranteed reward for loving truth. But that's not a true love of truth. True love of truth means that you don't care if there is a reward or not. Truth is your reward.

The only problem here is that people aren't intelligent enough to love truth for its own sake. And frankly such people don't deserve to Awaken. Awakening is the reward God made for those who truly love truth.

I find it insulting to even explain to someone why he should love truth.

Edited by Leo Gura

29 minutes ago, vibv said:

What if Truth isn't Good!? What if I find out that it's the most nightmarish thing ever?"

That is impossible because something bad is limitation. the lack of limitation is freedom. only the ego judges it as good or bad. my ego judges it as good, another ego may judge the lack of limitation as bad. As it's reality , better adapt your ego to accept it. The only way is total openness, because otherwise it is a useless attempt to preserve a limitation that does not really exist. so the ego steps aside and what it is manifests

As above, so below. The macrocosm and the microcosm. God does not want to be alone and therefore you do not want to be alone. It’s ok. Enjoy life. Be at peace. :)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

You can't know. But you can simply desire truth.

The problem is that you're looking for a guaranteed reward for loving truth. But that's not a true love of truth. True love of truth means that you don't care if there is a reward or not. Truth is your reward.

The only problem here is that people aren't intelligent enough to love truth for its own sake. And frankly such people don't deserve to Awaken. Awakening is the reward God made for those who truly love truth.

I find it insulting to even explain to someone why he should love truth.

That's what I was hinting at. But it's a process in my experience at least. You have to get to the point first where you want the Truth and nothing but the Truth, so help me God..

my music

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

That is impossible because something bad is limitation. the lack of limitation is freedom. only the ego judges it as good or bad. my ego judges it as good, another ego may judge the lack of limitation as bad. As it's reality , better adapt your ego to accept it. The only way is total openness, because otherwise it is a useless attempt to preserve a limitation that does not really exist. so the ego steps aside and what it is manifests

That question is implicitly there before you've made that step, that jump into the void for yourself.

The complete uncertainty and then doing it anyway is what gives it its Beauty. Else you just would do it because you gain something from it. It has to be a selfless act.

Only acts of selfless Love are truly beautiful. Everything else is naturally tainted.

Edited by vibv

my music

I just had another insight: To be shown Truth before you're ready to let go of everything else would be terrifying. I know that because it happened to me. Only later I learned to appreciate it and open myself to it, it kind of forced me to do that.

Retrospectively it was an act of Divine Grace.

So the fact that Truth (usually) doesn't get revealed to you before you love it for Truth's sake is an act of kindness. It only becomes beautiful after you're ready to die.

Edited by vibv

my music

7 hours ago, TheWind said:

I was wondering if anyone had a different perspective on this that might help me get over this.

When I had my first taste of Truth I thought: How am I ever going to deal with this? Then it occurred to me that nothing in reality had changed. Reality was exactly as it has always been and the only thing that did change was my false views.

Stop letting people tell you how you should be. They have no influence over you unless you make them into gods.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI