Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

+1 ❤️

Indeed the religion component is one factor but that cannot be overlooked.

Sorry for being too general. Let me be more specific: Turkey, Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Qatar, Yemen and those who abuse Jewish people on a daily basis no matter where you are in the world.

@zazenOke, fair enough 

The golden insight is that Jews are fighting for their naked survival. This is not a mere bias that can be shaken but is at the very core of every Israeli including very liberal ones.

Another insight would be is that Israeli society is like family, very open, socially free, always ready to help or do their duty and from my well-traveled experience it is the most compassionate of all societies when it comes to the elderly, disabled and handicapped people. 

I’ve seen it, Israeli youngsters would pick up an old slowly walking grandpa and drive him to his home or help him with his groceries.

On YT I even heard the story of a low life Russian drug addict who was’t even Jewish. He was picked off the street and stayed at the house of a very normal middle class Israeli family. Can you Imagine, having a drug addict where your children play and sleep. The addict reformed out of gratitude and became an devout orthodox christian, getting his life together. 

Even Naftalie Bennet, the former PM had a random mentally ill girl stay at his family home. She tragically committed suicide by dressing up in burka and charging at Israeli police with a knife. 

Israelis are not perfect and also bicker a lot and are sometimes too brazen and rash for my taste. But at the end of the day they create, build and take care of each other. And they get embittered and will close themselves off to the people that want to destroy that.  

Edited by Vrubel

16 minutes ago, kenway said:

I don't have skin in this game. I don't know anything about Islamic culture, Israeli culture, Arabic culture, Palestinian culture.

Understanding the cultures is crucial in understanding this conflict. 

Let Love In

We know who our enemies are, we know their true colors, not the ones they show to the woke western pacifists who glued to BBC and AJ.

Let Love In

@Lila9 You came at the minute I must go to sleep 😆 I tagged you and comment you under the woke video of Teal.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

27 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

@zazenOke, fair enough 

The golden insight is that Jews are fighting for their naked survival. This is not a mere bias that can be shaken but is at the very core of every Israeli including very liberal ones.

Another insight would be is that Israeli society is like family, very open, socially free, always ready to help or do their duty and from my well-traveled experience it is the most compassionate of all societies when it comes to the elderly, disabled and handicapped people. 

I’ve seen it, Israeli youngsters would pick up an old slowly walking grandpa and drive him to his home or help him with his groceries.

On YT I even heard the story of a low life Russian drug addict who was’t even Jewish. He was picked off the street and stayed at the house of a very normal middle class Israeli family. Can you Imagine, having a drug addict where your children play and sleep. The addict reformed out of gratitude and became an devout orthodox christian, getting his life together. 

Even Naftalie Bennet, the former PM had a random mentally ill girl stay at his home who tragically committed suicide by dressing up in burka and charging at Israeli police with a knife. 

Israelis are not perfect and also bicker all the time and are sometimes too brazen and rash for my taste. But at the end of the day they create, build and take care of each other. And they get embittered and will close themselves off to the people that want to destroy that.  

This is beautifully written, thank you for sharing.

Let Love In

7 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

@Lila9 You came at the minute I must go to sleep 😆 I tagged you and comment you under the woke video of Teal.

Ohh I saw it just now, didn't receive a notification, my apologies 🙂

I ate dry fruits if this counts, how about you? That's ok, tell me tomorrow, have a good night!

Let Love In

People who keep pushing their bias here with no self-awareness or shame will be blocked from posting in the politics sub-forum.

We have standards here against blatant spreading of bias. If you wish to participate in political discussions here, demonstrate an ability to be fair, balanced, and objective. Some bias is okay, but constantly pushing your side's agenda is not.

This is your last warning.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

42 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

People who keep pushing their bias here with no self-awareness or shame will be blocked from posting in the politics sub-forum.

We have standards here against blatant spreading of bias. If you wish to participate in political discussions here, demonstrate an ability to be fair, balanced, and objective. Some bias is okay, but constantly pushing your side's agenda is not.

Can I continue to post tweets and links?

53 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

We have standards here against blatant spreading of bias.

Ok, I suppose I am one of these people you refer to. I would say to my defense that I experience people demonizing Israel disproportionately and I respond to that because from my perspective these claims are absurd.

I would love to hear how you suggest to communicate here, how a discussion in the standards of this forum should look like, and maybe also give some examples from this thread of what comments you consider as pushing bias VS legitimate comments.

It also would be nice if you share your meta view of this conflict in a few points, assuming you studied it well, I want to learn and see what I'm missing.

Edited by Lila9

Let Love In

16 minutes ago, Raze said:

Can I continue to post tweets and links?

As long as you are being mindful of being balanced in your presentation of this complex issue.

@Leo Gura If you mean me, I am sharing incredible insight about Israeli society for your understanding. You value understanding right? 

In all fairness I think I have shown that, I have no problem humbling my self when a person is intelligent and reasonable. 

Though some of the people here give Islamic republic of Iran vibes. Guess that’s fine. 

Honestly I am kinda annoyed and ask for a retraction of the threat. If I cannot post with authenticity you might as well ban me now. 

@Vrubel The stuff you post here is quite biased.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura You should see it at sharing a perspective and giving you valuable insight to your otherwise (really biased) hive mind echo-chamber

@Vrubel

1 hour ago, Vrubel said:

Though some of the people here give Islamic republic of Iran vibes. Guess that’s fine.

Posting about war crimes is Islamic vibes to you? Because most of the links and videos sent here are about that.

3 hours ago, Vrubel said:

@zazenOke, fair enough 

Even Naftalie Bennet, the former PM had a random mentally ill girl stay at his family home. She tragically committed suicide by dressing up in burka and charging at Israeli police with a knife. 

Israelis are not perfect and also bicker a lot and are sometimes too brazen and rash for my taste. But at the end of the day they create, build and take care of each other. And they get embittered and will close themselves off to the people that want to destroy that.  

I literally explained here why Israelis tend to be closed off to Palestinians and their (often toxic) supporters. I explained Israeli bias, yet because it’s so infused with love for Israelis/Jews you people don’t like it.

At least 20 people were killed as they waited for aid near Gaza City on Thursday, according to the Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza.

Another 150 were injured — dozens critically — when an Israeli military strike hit "thousands of people desperate to get humanitarian aid at the Kuwait roundabout in Gaza City," the health ministry said.

Journalists at the scene said people were waiting for aid along a main road, with local reports describing multiple casualties amid shelling and gunfire.

Ministry spokesperson Ashraf al-Qidra said that the number of dead was “likely to increase" as hospitals do not have the means to treat them, and Gaza's Civil Defense described the injuries as "unbelievable."

From CNN

Khan Younis: ‘Mass casualties’ as UN shelter struck amid intense fighting in Gaza | CNN

Since people do not trust Arab sources, here you have some pretty horrible things happening in the last 24 hours, which can be found in CNN.

40 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

You should see it at sharing a perspective

I see it as you lacking the consciousness to be objective.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I see it as you lacking the consciousness to be objective.

I have no problem listening to you and increase my objective understanding.

Though in practical reality much of what you say basically comes down to that Israelis need to hold in their breath and die. So at a certain point I and Israelis will have to make a stand. I want my stand to be as less dogmatic and fair as possible but a firm stand nonetheless. 

Edited by Vrubel

@Leo Gura

I think you should run for presidency💪

Would you consider it? 

They might accuse you of being a Russian spy but I’ll try my best to defend you😎