Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

Israelis use the "Why dont Arabs take them, if they do not take them, it means they do not want them so they are bad" type of argument.

I don't think anyone used the term "bad" for describing Palestinians. Egypt had a moral responsibility and even incentivised by the west to give up the blockade. They didn't because they don't care about the lives of Palestinians. Period.

If Egypt can't accept them, Israel shouldn't have any moral responsibility to accept them into their land either. 

I am just saying Egypt needs same or even more criticism than Israel for holding the blockade. Egypt is in a shit ton of debt and might even collapse due to their poorly planned capital building. 

And Just because Nazi's use some argument doens't mean anything. Hitler was a vegetarian too. So when you see someone advocating for vegetarian diet would you say "Oh look you are using the same argument as Hitler"

What does that mean? It means nothing. Not good not bad. Analyse the situation at hand.

There was a serious case for Egypt to do all the things that you were criticising Israel for. Egypt had all the power and even monetary incentive to end this misery. Heck even the shipping via the suez canal has significantly decreased due to bombings in the red sea by houthis. So this lack of marine traffic had plummeted their revenue significantly. So it's fair to say they had a shit load of incentives to cease the blockade.

And international aid would have swept in via Egypt to help those starving Palestinians, on top of forgiving all their debt they took up to build their new capital. 

That's a legit argument that should be addressed directly without drawing parallels to freking Hitler. You are not really making any case but poor attempts to make Israel look like Hitler. 

---

With that said, I do get why Egypt is holding up the blockade. One is that they have serious pressure from other arab countries to hold up the blockade.

The other is that terrorists can destabilize their government making it hard to control them. 

Edited by Bobby_2021

3 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

The more I think about this, the more I believe that  it is not realistic for Israel to be super clean and respectful towards civilians when they were attacked by Hamas.

The only solution to me, is for other powerful countries, including USA, Russia etc to basically force Israel into obeying international law.

If someone murdered my friend, I would rush towards to kill them, it is not realistic for others to tell me, "get over it bro".

But it is very realistic for others to stop me and hold me from doing so when I rush to kill him for murdering my friend.

The same logic applies for Hamas ofc.

Therefore, forcing Israel into obedience is the most realistic solution.

The hurt person will not object to restraint, it is not realistic.

However, I still think Israel has gone too far at this point. Killing 20x is overkill, but being totally clean is a bit not realistic.

@Nivsch

This is good take. The solution must come from a powerful country from the outside. US could only get Israel to obey the international law.

But the problem is these attacks would continue to happen indefinitely towards the future that one point, you snap and go for the kill. That's where Israel is at right now. 

Also note that international law or any law or morality for that matter doesn't apply to the other side. They cheer when they fire rockets to Israel and cry when one comes their way. Instead of not firing anything in the first place. 

7 hours ago, HMD said:

Bernie Sanders urges Biden to revoke unconstrained financial support for Israel: 'Killing children is not the solution'

• Sen. Bernie Sanders says President Joe Biden needs to be tougher on Israel amid the war in Gaza.
  • Sanders admonished Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu, who recently promised "nobody will stop us."
  • 100 days into war, Israel's retaliation has killed nearly 24,000 Palestinians, 10,000 of them kids.

If it was any other country the USA would be going to war with them or at the very least, heavy sanctions. 

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

8 minutes ago, Merkabah Star said:

If it was any other country the USA would be going to war with them or at the very least, heavy sanctions. 

Hit the nail in the coffin there.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

58 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

Being woke vegans who are lgbtqi friendly and so accepting of all, still doesn’t condone murdering thousands of innocent children with no end in sight. Wake up but keep eating your tofu burger. 🤡

Edited by Merkabah Star

Red is indeed a genius in using Green's weaknesses against him and by that making him to appear falsely as "red". Quite frustrating.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

2 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

Red is indeed a genius in using Green's weaknesses against him and by that making him to appear falsely as "red". Not easy but we will win this too.

Forget about this colour, bullshit game (dream talk), it’s just a distraction, and focus on true existence. It’s hard when your bubble is so big though. Someone needs to pop it. 

8 minutes ago, Merkabah Star said:

Forget about this colour, bullshit game (dream talk), it’s just a distraction, and focus on true existence. It’s hard when your bubble is so big though. Someone needs to pop it. 

Tempted to make Star Wars and SpongeBob references, but you get the point.

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

When you live in Israel for 36 years you can't be in a "bubble" about it. Sorry to dissapoint but anyone who get over the years its information second hand and by people/channels who are even not Israelis by themselves has far more chances to mistakes and seeing a distorted picture 🙂

Edited by Nivsch

@Merkabah Star The lgbtqias2+ blah blah blah colours represents all the spiral dynamics colours 🏳️‍🌈 thus, nations waving such symbols with pride are inspirations.

Source: Trust me bro

3 minutes ago, zazen said:

@Merkabah Star The lgbtqias2+ blah blah blah colours represents all the spiral dynamics colours 🏳️‍🌈 thus, nations waving such symbols with pride are inspirations.

Do not conflate gender theory and spiral dynamics.

Red is red. End of story.

Edited by Yimpa

1 hour ago, zazen said:

😀

2 hours ago, Nivsch said:

When you live in Israel for 36 years you can't be in a "bubble" about it. Sorry to dissapoint but anyone who get over the years its information second hand and by people/channels who are even not Israelis by themselves has far more chances to mistakes and seeing a distorted picture 🙂

5 hours ago, Merkabah Star said:

US is following it's own interests. In the other news, sky is blue. 

US can only depend on Israel to instill any sort of control in this chaotic region of the world, of course if will side with Israel.

29 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

US is following it's own interests. In the other news, sky is blue. 

US can only depend on Israel to instill any sort of control in this chaotic region of the world, of course if will side with Israel.

Not even remotely true. US interests are not to control the Middle East, they’ve made it much more chaotic at times for financial gain. US interests were to push for a two state solution to avoid risking a wider war but Israel lobbying bribed the politicians. US support for Israel occupation has worked against their interests and made it the target of extremists such as on 9/11.

Edited by Raze

49 minutes ago, Raze said:

US interests are not to control the Middle East, they’ve made it much more chaotic at times for financial gain

It's in the CIA playbook rule 101. Destabilized governments are easier to control and influence because of their sheer power of the former. You cannot influence a stable government. They would have their own interests and push it over you. 

51 minutes ago, Raze said:

US interests were to push for a two state solution to avoid risking a wider war but Israel lobbying bribed the politicians.

I don't see a two state solution where both of them are fully autonomous and independent, working even in theory. Both parties don't want two state solution, least of all, Palestinians. 

53 minutes ago, Raze said:

US support for Israel occupation has worked against their interests and made it the target of extremists such as on 9/11.

Blinded by self interests in the short term might have setbacks in the long term, as it did for Bin Laden.

What if the US never set foot in the middleast?

Would that result in even more terrorism/war or civilization flourish as it used to, once? I don't know. 

@Merkabah Star I understand the situation in Gaza hurts you and you are right it that! But blame hamas on that because he has at the very least 90% of the responsibility and likely even 95%+.

Thats the truth according to my impression. You can think something else and I really don't want to just argue with you.

But I wonder, where was the world before the war, when one Million of poor kids where brainwashed every single day by their education system into the importance of killing others along with the importance of suicide in the name of their religion?

Edited by Nivsch