Princess Arabia

Healthy Foods/Recipes/Products Mega-thread

269 posts in this topic

Sunflower lecithin, if PUFA content fits in your diet. I've tried supplementing CDP-Choline and individual phospholipids, and it were more effective at lower doses (contains ~10% phosphatidyl choline, ~10% phosphatidyl inositol, ~5% phosphatidyl ethanolamine, 2% phosphatidyl serine R). As an emulsifier, it improves the solubility and digestion of fats and may improve liver lipids and function R R R R. Anecdotal evidences report improvement in depression and anxiety R R (with potential Herxheimer reactions or side effects R).

Cinnamon has one of the highest oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) R, and is cost effective (contains moderate insoluble oxalates). Ceylon cinnamon is recommended R.

Black lentils are #1 legumes 

Black seed oil, contains β-sitosterol which is a potent reversible 5AR inhibitor R R, organ protective R R, and nootropic R.

NMN works. Sinclair was right, you should apologize! R

Edited by nuwu

4 hours ago, nuwu said:

Sunflower lecithin, if PUFA content fits in your diet. I've tried supplementing CDP-Choline and individual phospholipids, and it were more effective at lower doses (contains ~10% phosphatidyl choline, ~10% phosphatidyl inositol, ~5% phosphatidyl ethanolamine, 2% phosphatidyl serine R). As an emulsifier, it improves the solubility and digestion of fats and may improve liver lipids and function R R R R. Anecdotal evidences report improvement in depression and anxiety R R (with potential Herxheimer reactions or side effects R).

Cinnamon has one of the highest oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) R, and is cost effective (contains moderate insoluble oxalates). Ceylon cinnamon is recommended R.

Black lentils are #1 legumes 

Black seed oil, contains β-sitosterol which is a potent reversible 5AR inhibitor R R, organ protective R R, and nootropic R.

NMN works. Sinclair was right, you should apologize! R

lol

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Try this delicious Watermelon Cucumber Smoothie. 

Watermelon/Cucumber/Chia Seeds/Hemp Seeds.

1/2 Large Watermelon/1/2 Cucumber/1Tbl. Chia Seeds/2Tbl. Hemp Seeds/Dash Himalayan Salt (to bring out the flavors).

Soften Chia Seeds first by putting them in a bit of water for 10mins. Add all ingredients to blender and blend well. DO NOT ADD WATER as the Watermelon and Cucumber has enough to do the trick. Can also add fresh mint leaves. Enjoy!

Arugula Salad w/Goat Cheese, Red Onion/ Sliced Pears/Toasted Pecans/Grilled Chicken. Add dressing of choice.

Simply Delicious!

20220314_190456.jpg

20220203_150721.jpg

Edited by Princess Arabia

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

Here it is, chia pudding. Make sure chia seeds are organic as non organic ones caused me stool problems.

IMG_1827.jpeg

Edited by MarkKol

23 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

IMG_1829.jpeg

Lovely. They also have white chia seeds too.

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

Red Snapper. Ready for the oven. Yum! Yum!

FB_IMG_1696780527073.jpg

4 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

FB_IMG_1696780527073.jpg

Is a typical Jamaican dish ? it looks like a Creole dish.
All that's missing is the dog sauce :P

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Seaweed is good for the thyroid. It's loaded with iodine, copper, iron, potassium, magnesium and calcium. High in Fibre, Vit A, B, C amongst others.

These snacks are versatile and can be eaten alone or used to sandwich delicate foods like hummus, tomatoes, salsa, cheese guacamole, you name it.

20220103_122923.jpg

20220103_123051.jpg

20220103_123019.jpg

4 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Is a typical Jamaican dish ? it looks like a Creole dish.
All that's missing is the dog sauce :P

Hop on board...

Some great foods

• Kefir for the gut. Gut health is really underrated btw.
  • Red grapes for antioxidants and heart health
  • Carrots for skin and eyes. Vitamin A
  • Blueberries for immune system and muscle protection.
  • Apples because it promotes a healthy microbiome and reduces inflammation. Also keeps the doctor away.
  • Turmeric because that’s crazy healthy. You can find it in yellow curry for instance, although don’t cook it.

3 hours ago, Spiral said:

Some great foods

• Kefir for the gut. Gut health is really underrated btw.
  • Red grapes for antioxidants and heart health
  • Carrots for skin and eyes. Vitamin A
  • Blueberries for immune system and muscle protection.
  • Apples because it promotes a healthy microbiome and reduces inflammation. Also keeps the doctor away.
  • Turmeric because that’s crazy healthy. You can find it in yellow curry for instance, although don’t cook it.

Thank you. Nice choices, but why shouldn't you cook turmeric may I ask. In curries it is cooked.

On 10/8/2023 at 10:35 AM, Princess Arabia said:

FB_IMG_1696780527073.jpg

HOLY!!! WOW! 

Now that is a meal... I love redsnapper! It is my favorite meal of all time. I like to broil it with a little orange juice. Supper Cool! Thanks for sharing! 

LOVE

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

55 minutes ago, Ajax said:

HOLY!!! WOW! 

Now that is a meal... I love redsnapper! It is my favorite meal of all time. I like to broil it with a little orange juice. Supper Cool! Thanks for sharing! 

LOVE

?

Home-Made Chicken/Mushroom Burger

Put raw chicken breast in food processor. Process to the consistency of ground chicken. Remove from processor. Season w/S&P, Paprika, Chili Powder, Ground Cumin, Garlic and Onion Powder, Dried Oregano, Dash of Ground Cinnamon, chopped parsley. Add 1 beaten egg and breadcrumbs. Mold into burger patties. Meanwhile, saute Shitake Mushrooms in Evoo, fresh thyme, S&P. Set aside.

Cook chicken burgers to liking. Place English Muffins in oven to heat and arrange burgers mushrooms, tomatoes and arugula or greens of choice. Can add avocado and sautéed or raw red or white onions. Yum. Please, no mayo. Used mashed avocado's or guacamole instead.

61e967_d4d910a0cde141d8951248727076b438~mv2.jpg

20220619_214051.jpg

Lemonade twist. Vinegarade.

Braggs Apple Cider/Raw honey/Ginger Juice/Sprig of mint.

FB_IMG_1696781551308.jpg

Simple Egg Salad

Romaine Lettuce, Sliced Green Apple and Boiled Eggs.

20230912_111259.jpg

This weed is amazing and is everywhere, even in my front yard and all around the neighborhood. Once I got stung by a bee or wasp, not sure, and rubbed it on the skin along with some aloe vera to soothe, and the swelling disappeared in no time and it was like nothing ever happened.

It's very fibrous so I don't put it in my smoothies unless I blend it in small batches first in water then use that juice for my smoothies. Rub it on skin for skin rashes or eczema and other skin ailments. Very high in chlorophyll and tons of vitamins.

Fresh beets, spinach, and walnuts for brain health. Stoneyfield organic yogurt with blueberries, sliced strawberries, and a crushed oat bar makes a great parfait. Whole grain pasta with vegetables and ground beef. Water. Dave's Killer Bread "Epic Everything" is amazing!

Finding a good diet is like getting a new pair of shoes. There isn't one shoe that fits all. You have to try them on and walk a bit to see if they work for you.

I make this all the time. I add roasted almonds to the processor for butter almond flavor. I posted this short one for anyone interested. Check out the other detailed ones for more tips. It really does taste like ice cream. Frozen bananas alone, blended, will taste a lot like vanilla ice-cream even without the added vanilla extract. So many things you can do with it. This is just a tease.