Princess Arabia

Healthy Foods/Recipes/Products Mega-thread

269 posts in this topic

Post some healthy foods, recipes, video clips, articles or products here.

Read this story from István Darabán on Medium: https://medium.com/science-for-life/bilberries-the-healthiest-fruit-youve-never-eaten-382468cbbd2d

Edited by Princess Arabia

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

@Buck Edwardsthis is for you. 

Healthier egg choice.

20230912_110809.jpg

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

@Princess Arabia sweet, that’s the brand of eggs I used to buy. I haven’t had eggs in a while, but I’ll remember to check em out!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Just now, Yimpa said:

@Princess Arabia sweet, that’s the brand of eggs I used to buy. I haven’t had eggs in a while, but I’ll remember to check em out!

?

Nature's Neosporin 

To heal a knife wound or if you cut yourself try this for instant results. 

First apply cayenne pepper to the would. It will close the wound.

Then rub with Aloe Vera and apply raw honey. Let sit. The wound will magically heal in no time depending on the severity of the wound but the cayenne will immediately stop the bleeding and no it doesn't sting or hurt.

20220228_094643.jpg

Nature's Mr Clean

Clean your home with this non-toxic cleaner for a sparkling shine.

To spray bottle add equal parts  Apple Cider Vinegar and water. Add orange/lemon/lime peel and a few drops of Peppermint Flavored Essential Oil. Shake to combine and there you go. 

Wipe counters, cabinets, stoves, sinks etc. Disinfects and cleans at the same time and smells good too. Can vary the flavor essential oil - orange, grapefruit, clove, lavender, bergamot or whatever flavor you like. 

The vinegar smell isn't strong and goes away within minutes.

20220313_154712.jpg

Helped me a lot to buy more consciously my foods. Sadly here on Puerto Rico many of our foods cost more than the US cuz of the transport to get in here (and the minimum salary here is $9.50 x hour). Looking at your pasteurized eggs I guess the price is around $6? (Looking at a Target’s website), easily here on PR could cost over $8. 

Edited by Juan

Just now, Juan said:

Helped me a lot to buy more consciously  my foods. Sadly here on Puerto Rico many of our foods cost more than the US cuz of the transport to get in here (and we currently get paid $9.50 x hour). Looking at your pasteurized eggs I guess the price is around $6? (Looking at a Target’s website), easily here on PR could cost over $8. 

Nice. Very informative. Don't worry about the prices. Doctors visits and medications costs way more than paying a few extra dollars for better food.

Just now, Princess Arabia said:

Don't worry about the prices.

This is a bad take really, of course you get sick less in the long run but, many people here on PR struggles to eat healthier cuz of the price, compared to the US which many times it is half the price.

Kiwi.

One small kiwi (69g, 42 calories) has 60-80% of the daily RDA for vitamin C. It also has about 10g less sugar than most fruits, something like a pear for example. And it also has 215mg of potassium, approximately.

The skin is also edible, and it is full of biovailable nutrients, fiber, and polyphenols. Eating the skin adds 50% more fiber, and about 30% more folate, vitamin E, and polyphenols.

Gold kiwis are my favorite, they taste better, more on the sweeter side, and somehow have even more vitamin C than the green ones.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

1 minute ago, Juan said:

This is a bad take really, of course you get sick less in the long run but, many people here on PR struggles to eat healthier cuz of the price, compared to the US which many times it is half the price.

Ok but just do what you can. 

5 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Kiwi.

One small kiwi (69g, 42 calories) has 60-80% of the daily RDA for vitamin C. It also has about 10g less sugar than most fruits, something like a pear for example. And it also has 215mg of potassium, approximately.

The skin is also edible, and it is full of biovailable nutrients, fiber and polyphenols. Eating the skin adds 50% more fiber, and about 30% more folate, vitamin E, and polyphenols.

For example these products: 

IMG_7709.jpeg

IMG_7711.jpeg

Here on PR it costs double! It’s crazy! 

3 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Ok but just do what you can. 

Of course, I just wanted to point out a fact from where I live. 

I don't diet anymore. Just raw veggies and goats and chickens I raise myself. Got a giant freezer full of the stuff. Mostly local produce... except for dried legumes or rice.

Pretty simple diet. Lol... make a killing at savings though ?

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

Just now, Ajax said:

I don't diet anymore. Just raw veggies and goats and chickens I raise myself. Got a giant freezer full of the stuff. Mostly local produce... except for dried legumes or rice.

Pretty simple diet. Lol... make a killing at savings though ?

No diets here. Post one of your meals here sometime, as long as it looks healthy.

These are some of my recipes. I made them from scratch.

Vegetable Fish Soup. Fried Greed Plaintains/avocado black bean salsa. Oatmeal with nuts and berries. Cabbage and Sweet Potato. Split Pea Soup. Chicken Cacciatore/ChickPea Spaghetti. Honey Baked Chicken/Broccoli/Brown Rice Pilaf. Spinach Salad/Sliced Mangoes, Red Beans/Red Onions/Pumpkin Seeds.

20210325_094743-COLLAGE.jpg

Edited by Princess Arabia

Can't get much better for the soul. Grass fed and everything!

Screenshot_20220827-155424~2.jpg

Edited by Ajax

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

7 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

These are some of my recipes. I made them from scratch.

20210325_094743-COLLAGE.jpg

What's that in the corner? Spaghetti and wings... or is that spaghetti squash? Or?