Princess Arabia

Healthy Foods/Recipes/Products Mega-thread

269 posts in this topic

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

Posted (edited)

My favorite face oil so far. It gives my facial skin a nice after glow. It's not sticky and dissolves into the skin very well. Suitable for all skin types. From Morocco and bought at the local Health Food Store.

Can also be used on hair.

20240412_153845.jpg

20240412_153921.jpg

Edited by Princess Arabia

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

Posted (edited)

Thank you for this thread, I also enjoy cooking when I can but mostly stick to boring meal preps since I work/in the gym multiple times a week. Diet mostly consists of rice, pasta, eggs, red kidney beans, meat/fish (turkey, chicken, salmon), fruit (avocado, bananas), veg (onions, bell peppers, tomatoes) and bread.

I intend to learn more Caribbean dishes as a lot of the ingredients used in those dishes are used in my culture as well (West African) plus it makes me feel great so will be using this thread to post anything I make in the coming months and years. And then Indian, Italian, Japanese etc until I have a cookbook in my head.

That Red Snapper dish you made looks amazing a while back, was that recipe passed down to you or did you find it online? 

Edited by lost_polymath

4 hours ago, lost_polymath said:

Thank you for this thread, I also enjoy cooking when I can but mostly stick to boring meal preps since I work/in the gym multiple times a week. Diet mostly consists of rice, pasta, eggs, red kidney beans, meat/fish (turkey, chicken, salmon), fruit (avocado, bananas), veg (onions, bell peppers, tomatoes) and bread.

I intend to learn more Caribbean dishes as a lot of the ingredients used in those dishes are used in my culture as well (West African) plus it makes me feel great so will be using this thread to post anything I make in the coming months and years. And then Indian, Italian, Japanese etc until I have a cookbook in my head.

That Red Snapper dish you made looks amazing a while back, was that recipe passed down to you or did you find it online? 

Hi thanks for engaging. Looking forward to some of your recipes wherever they're from; but I know South Africa has some very unique ones. The red snapper was my own recipe. As I cook very often, I can come up with lots of recipes on the fly especially, if they consists of just regular whole food ingredients. It looked amazing and very colorful, but was put together with very simple ingredients.

Posted (edited)

It's Dandelion season and they are growing like wild flowers in my front yard. I just picked these and about to make some tea. I had ginger and orange tea boiling in the pot and now I'll just throw these in.

Very nutritious, dandelions. They even make wine out of the flowers - a bit too much for me to even attempt my food thumb at.

The roots can be dried, powdered and brewed for dandelion coffee. I've done that. It does taste like coffee. I've put the flowers in salads, smoothies and baked goods. (Don't bake often as I'm not a baker).

You can find dandelion tinctures in health food stores. The whole plant is edible. It's considered an edible weed. Very Very powerful plant and has enormous healing properties.

I'm the only one in my neighborhood who walks around and picks these flowers, everybody else just steps on them, then they cry about their joint pain and reach for the tylenol.

Below is the tea. Dandelion, orange peel and ginger.

20240415_095342.jpg

20240415_095349.jpg

20240415_103254.jpg

On 13/04/2024 at 5:06 AM, Princess Arabia said:

My favorite face oil so far. It gives my facial skin a nice after glow. It's not sticky and dissolves into the skin very well. Suitable for all skin types. From Morocco and bought at the local Health Food Store.

Can also be used on hair.

20240412_153845.jpg

20240412_153921.jpg

Do you use/know jojoba oil ?

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

12 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Do you use/know jojoba oil ?

I have some in my room now. Don't like the brand as much but I do like jojoba. It's the best oil to retain moisture. Argan is superb for skin health. I change up. Rose hip is good too.

Posted (edited)

Some quick tips to add to your lifestyle and to help cut down on toxins.

* Use banana peels to shine your chrome and leather shoes. Buff and shine with cloth.

* Use baking soda or bottled lemon juice instead of bleach to wash your white clothes.

* After eating out, instead of using those toxic hand wipes they serve after meals, use cut lemons instead.

* Headache? Try peppermint oil. Rub on temples and sniff.

* Lightly Constipated? Eat a banana, an apple or the gel of an aloe plant. Rub your tummy very fast and put pressure on the pelvis to help release the bile. Aloe is also good for diarrhea. Stay away from Metamucil - cut holes in the stomach and causes leaky gut syndrome.

* Need help eating a healthy diet? Binge on healthy Youtube videos for a while and make sure to watch videos that makes foods that looks yummy to you. This will help you to stick with it or help in the starting process.

* Cant sleep? Put couple drops of lavender essential oil on pillow, soak feet in Epsom salt, drink ripe banana skin tea - just boil in water. Try deep breathing.(Google 4-7-8 method).

* Crush strawberries can help to whiten teeth; so does turmeric. Dip toothbrush and brush. 

* Stay away from drinking hot liquid in Styrofoam cups. They leach toxic chemicals in the drink.

* Dirty fingernails? Rub with lemon or lime or orange peel. Soak in baking soda and/or Apple cider vinegar. Rub honey to moisturize and rinse after a few minutes. 

* Lingering cough? Take a tablespoon of raw honey. That'll do the trick. Great for allergies too. Make sure it's raw or real unprocessed honey or straight from the bee farmer.

* Never use artificial sweeteners like Splenda, Sweet-n-low or Equal. Recipe for disaster in many ways.

* Stay away from conventional mouthwash, they are laced with alcohol - Listerine is one. Very bad for mouth flora. Use food-grade peroxide, cloves (make a batch of clove tea and store in fridge), salt water, essential oils like peppermint, grapefruit, lemon etc, diluted apple cider vinegar but don't brush before thoroughly rinsing mouth as the vinegar can be erosive to teeth.

* If you do nothing else for health always drink water first thing after waking up. Very vital for cell reproduction. This habit alone does wonders.

Thanks for reading and don't obsess. Very bad for the nerves. Balance is key.

Made this Yoghurt Parfait this morning.

Pretty simple. Yogurt of choice and top with fruit and nut.

This is Greek Yoghurt, topped with 🍓, blueberries, raspberries and banana. With a sprinkle of chopped Brazilian Nuts and Hemp Seeds. Delish!

Can drizzle with honey if desired.

20240417_100302.jpg