Princess Arabia

Healthy Foods/Recipes/Products Mega-thread

269 posts in this topic

I recommend eating blueberries daily. Not only does it taste good, but it’s been shown to be great for brain health in the elderly people. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

8 minutes ago, Juan said:

What’s so funny about it? 

Because op ask for healthy products and you share a vegetable milk with 3% GMO almond and vanilla flavor, and a fake steak made from pea proteins.

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

6 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Because op ask for healthy products and you share a vegetable milk with 3% GMO almond and vanilla flavor, and a fake steak made from pea proteins.

Thanks for the joke, you're funny xD

What? They are good options, specially if you’re vegan, I don’t suggest fake meat all the time but occasionally is ok (being non GMO, etc.) . Still it was a random example to name some product’s prices to compare the US with PR, that’s the point of the message.

47 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Legumes, grains and most of starchs.

-Eggs.

-Most of very fibrous vegetables.

Lol, Legumes and eggs are one of the healthiest foods on earth. Try eating a big bowl of lentil soup or some white beans with beef in tomato sauce, they are so delicious.

9 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Lol, Legumes and eggs are one of the healthiest foods on earth. Try eating a big bowl of lentil soup or some white beans with beef in tomato sauce, they are so delicious.

Can you eat 1000 calories of legumes without seasonings, fats, and without too much processing in general? (even feces can taste more or less good with enough whipped cream, lol.)particularly quite fibrous legumes like beans ?
No obviously, it's disgusting, so you will only eat a moderate quantity and turned into “vegetable steak” or precisely in soup, that’s all my point.
You will also have significant gas and possibly brain fog, particularly if you are sensitive to galactosaccharides.

Only very gullible vegetarians would say that legumes are healthy food.

But anyway, I was just saying what intuitively pleased me :)

Edited by Schizophonia

@Schizophonia You add rice/bread/oils/beef if you want more calories.

33 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

You will also have significant gas and possibly brain fog, particularly if you are sensitive to galactosaccharides.

I went vegan for 2 months and didn't complain of any of this.

I like eating mashed fava beans (ful medames), with olive oil and some seasoning and maybe some Tahini. 

OIP.jpeg

Edited by LSD-Rumi

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

I recommend eating blueberries daily. Not only does it taste good, but it’s been shown to be great for brain health in the elderly people. 

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

25 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

People digest differently or you might have just not noticed.

I tested legumes, had the same problem with galactosaccharides, or so I assume. I find them to be not worth consuming as a primary source of nutrition because of how tough it is to digest. Although nutritionally they look good on paper.

I prefer cereals and grains instead, similar nutrition to legumes but much easier to digest.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

You are correct in your statement but don't laugh about it. Education is best, not mockery. Maybe he's not aware of this because these companies are good at their marketing strategies and some take them at face value without knowing the dangers in some of these products. Just saying, respectfully.

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

9 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

You are correct in your statement but don't laugh about it. Education is best, not mockery. Maybe he's not aware of this because these companies are good at their marketing strategies and some take them at face value without knowing the dangers in some of these products. Just saying, respectfully.

You’re right.

It’s why I edited my message

1 hour ago, Juan said:

What? They are good options, specially if you’re vegan, I don’t suggest fake meat all the time but occasionally is ok (being non GMO, etc.) . Still it was a random example to name some product’s prices to compare the US with PR, that’s the point of the message.

I understand your point with respect to the pricing. Even though these products you've listed are better that their counterparts, they are not as healthy as they may seem to be. That milk, even though,IMO, is better than cows' milk, and I've drank it in the past and will still drink it if that's all available, is still just almond water. The amount of almonds they put in it is very very small and it also has emulsifiers like carrageenan and or gellan gum and natural flavors which are not so good additives. That said, I would buy this over cows' milk any day, but don't see it as a healthy product.

As far as the beyond burger, if you check the ingredients list it also has things that are not so healthy and is questionable as far as claiming to be healthy even though it's still better than a Mcdonald's burger and even some of the other pre-packaged burgers on the market.

Edited by Princess Arabia

2 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

You’re right.

It’s why I edited my message

?

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I like eating mashed fava beans (ful medames), with olive oil and some seasoning and maybe some Tahini. 

OIP.jpeg

That looks delicious. Tell me you didn't make that yourself, or did you.

Legumes and eggs are one of the healthiest foods on earth

2 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Don't be so quick to make claims. Watch this video in it's entirety. I still eat eggs but I wouldn't be so quick in saying they are the healthiest food on earth. The 1st part says why they are healthy but the 2nd part at the 5:00 mark says why they may not be. Judge for yourself and make your own choice; but while I still eat eggs because I love them for breakfast, I wouldn't claim they are they are one of the healthiest foods because there are still contradictions by the "experts". I don't follow/believe everything I read or see, but at least I'm aware of the contradictions. Check it out.

22 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Don't be so quick to make claims. Watch this video in it's entirety. I still eat eggs but I wouldn't be so quick in saying they are the healthiest food on earth. The 1st part says why they are healthy but the 2nd part at the 5:00 mark says why they may not be. Judge for yourself and make your own choice; but while I still eat eggs because I love them for breakfast, I wouldn't claim they are they are one of the healthiest foods because there are still contradictions by the "experts". I don't follow/believe everything I read or see, but at least I'm aware of the contradictions. Check it out.

lol.

Its source is a scammer who sells “detox” juice recipes.

What "toxins" is he talking about exactly? Are there even a significant number who get sick after opening a fresh egg? If an egg is not damaged then it is supposed to be sterile, the same goes for milk.
Btw, plants can mold too.

Ps: I'm making fun of the video, not you.

2 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I like eating mashed fava beans (ful medames), with olive oil and some seasoning and maybe some Tahini

OIP.jpeg

yeah, of course

Edited by Schizophonia

Just now, Schizophonia said:

lol.

Its source is a scammer who sells “detox” juice recipes.

What "toxins" is he talking about exactly? Are there even a significant number who get sick after opening a fresh egg? If an egg is not damaged then it is supposed to be sterile, the same goes for milk.
Btw, plants can mold too.

Ps: I'm making fun of the video, not you.

I understand you're not making fun of me and I'm not justifying, defending or saying anything other than don't be so quick to debunk anything you have not studied yourself. Your debunking arguments aren't even making any sense because an egg is not just an egg. It depends on the kind of egg and how the chickens were farmed. Medical Medium is not a scammer who only sells detox juices. If you were familiar with his background you would know how many people he has helped to get off their medications and who have cured their diseases using his methods. You say same goes for milk. What kind of milk. Has the milk been pasteurized and lost its quality. Is it from diseased cows or whatever animal. Cow's milk is cows puss that was intended for their young. 

Have you ever researched how conventional eggs are produced or harvested and the sterilization process, I have, and it's not pretty. You're laughing at everything, but, coming from someone who has claimed coco cola is the healthiest drink on the planet, i wouldn't take your health advice too seriously. And I've also seen Medical Mediums books, videos, podcasts and have seen personal reviews from people he has helped tremendously. I'm not saying either way is true but, at least i have some collected information that i can refer to and show some credentials of the things I'm pointing to other than just some cheap, unreliable off-the-wall claim that hasn't been investigated or sourced.

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

That looks delicious. Tell me you didn't make that yourself, or did you.

This is from the web, but I prepare it all the time. I buy canned precooked fava beans, put them in the microwave for 2 min, and then mash them, It is a very popular dish in the Middle East along with Falafel and Hummus.

33 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

yeah, of course

??