r0ckyreed

Why My Hand Cannot Grasp Itself

194 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

He stopped explaining things in depth because now it is your turn to explain it to yourself in depth.

There are things that can't be explained, that's true. I ve perceptions and understanding about what is this, and are totally out of the structured mind. Impossible to talk about that, in the moment that you try to grasp it you are out. I guess that if you go deeper it could be more stable.

This forum is not a lecture. I throw out random insights and tips.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This doesn’t seem as random as it appears to be…. there’s an interconnectedness going on up in this bitch, and that’s why women are here to make us stop being so damn logical x_x

Okay, let’s get back to the spiritual topic at hand.

Why did the snake need glasses? Because it had a reptile dysfunction!

On 29/09/2023 at 10:19 PM, r0ckyreed said:

This is what I argue that Enlightenment/Awakening is imaginary. It is impossible to awaken to God or realize God because God cannot grasp itself because it is itself. It is Infinity! Being is prior to knowing. The hand exists prior to being grasped. 

Consciousness has the ability to understand itself . Its a feature of itself .just like how you are able to self-reflect and self-reference.  When you say "I'm deluding myself " . It's not like there is two of you.  It's one that is able to self-reflect .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

3 hours ago, Razard86 said:

You do realize you are not saying anything Leo. Not giving any methodology or deep explanations. It's like me running around telling everyone that they are blind without actually seeking to give anything to help alleviate that. Outside of this being marketing for your new course it comes across boasting. Also if they were truly close-minded...they wouldn't even be here or responding to you.

You know that open-mindedness has variability. There is the person who tells you that you are wrong, yet keeps showing up. =This person doesn't believe you are completely wrong, a part of them is open but majority of them is still to afraid to listen.

There is the person who tells you that you are wrong and leaves. =This person has completely closed off their mind.

There is the person who debates you and questions you but still says you are wrong.= This person is actually more open-minded but think your stance is too radical but is interested in trying to make sense of it which is why they question you. You could go deeper that they could also debate you out of an inferiority complex with a dishonest show of superiority but it still remains that interest is there because they wouldn't entertain a debate at all if they felt it was a waste of time.

There is the person who questions you but brings up no counter-arguments. =This person just wants clarification of your message.

There is the person who defends you from detractors even though they have no clue what you are saying. =This person trusts your intelligence and authenticity so even without knowing what you are saying, they believe you have something of value to share and trust your gut. 

Now everyone except the person who left believes you have value but how much of it is valuable is still something they are struggling with to decipher whereas the last person trusts you implicitly. 

You don't sound like the normal you anymore. Something about your tone doesn't sound like what I'm used to hearing from you. 

One Love....

25 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

You don't sound like the normal you anymore. Something about your tone doesn't sound like what I'm used to hearing from you. 

He sounds much better since he changed his photo. He removed his face and removed his ego. now he sounds straight to the point

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I will not say anything to you.

Cool, that's settled then. xD

6 hours ago, vibv said:

It's your responsibility to listen ;) 

Lol, right. Listen to what? "I am the most awake guy on the planet (even though there are no others), only I can tell you what awakening is (even though I don't know how), Alien Insanity ftw"?

If that is the whole 'teaching', then I sure as heck don't know what I or anyone else is supposed to do with it. If you do, then please ENLIGHTEN me.

Why so serious?

5 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Lol, right. Listen to what? "I am the most awake guy on the planet (even though there are no others), only I can tell you what awakening is (even though I don't know how), Alien Insanity ftw"?

If that is the whole 'teaching', then I sure as heck don't know what I or anyone else is supposed to do with it. If you do, then please ENLIGHTEN me.

Expand your consciousness and go your own path, have your own insights, do your own contemplation.

If it contradicts what’s said here, great! But always consider that other points of view could be equally true.

If you do all that this place is a great opportunity to get new impulses, hear from other views, how and with what others struggle — and of course speak with the other parts of you.

But that’s a story for another day ;)

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

14 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Guess you got the not today darling ;)

Edited by Water by the River

could not be said to what extent reality can understand itself. Everyone here talks about whether it is possible or not as if they knew it without a doubt. It's a lot of fun when your understanding of reality is minimal. My understanding of reality is minimal, I simply manage to access expanded states of consciousness and my mind to be a limitless space. This has cost me three years of serious work, full-time self-inquiry, meditation every day, very common psychedelics, constant focus, and I have achieved the minimum: free my mind from the finite, from the linear history that passes, and be here, now , Unlimited. This makes me realize a reality: my understanding is minimal. I'm still on the surface. and those who write here are even more on the surface and believe that they have reached the bottom 

I mean, I ve said that there is an end, the realization of infinity. That the important realization, it's what you are, the essence, but there is much more. Realize now that you are in an experience. This is a big deal, something is happening, the reality is in action. And you are. This moment is something very deep, to dive in it requires to see that is possible to dive in it 

Do you want to feel the vertigo? Realize that now, just now, you are the reality. There is nothing more, just here and now. This is the entire reality. Seems limited but it isn't. Here and now is the infinity. When you realize, you will feel vertigo before the abyss of infinity.  

Edited by Breakingthewall

8 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

could not be said to what extent reality can understand itself. Everyone here talks about whether it is possible or not as if they knew it without a doubt. It's a lot of fun when your understanding of reality is minimal. My understanding of reality is minimal, I simply manage to access expanded states of consciousness and my mind to be a limitless space. This has cost me three years of serious work, full-time self-inquiry, meditation every day, very common psychedelics, constant focus, and I have achieved the minimum: free my mind from the finite, from the linear history that passes, and be here, now , Unlimited. This makes me realize a reality: my understanding is minimal. I'm still on the surface. and those who write here are even more on the surface and believe that they have reached the bottom 

I mean, I ve said that there is an end, the realization of infinity. That the important realization, it's what you are, the essence, but there is much more. Realize now that you are in an experience. This is a big deal, something is happening, the reality is in action. And you are. This moment is something very deep, to dive in it requires to see that is possible to dive in it 

Do you want to feel the vertigo? Realize that now, just now, you are the reality. There is nothing more, just here and now. This is the entire reality. Seems limited but it isn't. Here and now is the infinity. When you realize, you will feel vertigo before the abyss of infinity. 

Beautiful post. Awe or vertigo when faced with Infinity is something truly wonderful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awe

11 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Beautiful post. Awe or vertigo when faced with Infinity is something truly wonderful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awe

There is a barrier here that is extremely difficult to pass. you can reach expanded states where there are no limits. Then you realize the total emptiness of the now, and that only you exist. I think many talk about this when they talk about solipsism and God. But there is another step to take, the most difficult. you have to let yourself fall into the void. the self must disappear. When this happens, reality is revealed, and you can't think about it. perhaps few have realized this?

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

They are not intelligent enough to understand that you can use relative mental constructs to achieve Absolute Understandings.

This is the exact same thing science does. It's just operating within dualisms. It's the same mechanism everytime when you perceive dualisms. Again, you've just kind of abandoned the idea of reality being one/infinite, as if this is more advanced or beyond what Buddhists have realized across time, lol.

I think you will probably find that mental constructs never stop being mental constructs. Not that they don't exist or aren't absolute. They're just absolutely mental constructs haha.

It's like you're saying: "Dude one day you're gonna reach a level of consciousness where the color red becomes absolute and describes reality completely." No, the color red is the color red in every state. Same with mental concepts. If it becomes something else, it's not a mental concept anymore.

"Buddhism from hell" is apt, I like that, credits to @SeaMonster.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

4 minutes ago, Osaid said:

This is the exact same thing science does. It's just operating within dualisms. It's the same mechanism everytime when you perceive dualisms. Again, you've just kind of abandoned the idea of reality being one/infinite, as if this is more advanced or beyond what Buddhists have realized across time, lol.

I think you will probably find that mental constructs never stop being mental constructs. Not that they don't exist or aren't absolute. They're just absolutely mental constructs haha.

It's like you're saying: "Dude one day you're gonna reach a level of consciousness where the color red becomes absolute and describes reality completely." No, the color red is the color red in every state. Same with mental concepts. If it becomes something else, it's not a mental concept anymore.

"Buddhism from hell" is apt, I like that, credits to @SeaMonster.

You are getting close to a ban.

4 minutes ago, Osaid said:

think you will probably find that mental constructs never stop being mental constructs. Not that they don't exist or aren't absolute. They're just absolutely mental constructs haha.

Indeed. The real thing is totally out of the mental construction. If there is mental construction, this is not true perception. 

8 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

There is a barrier here that is extremely difficult to pass. you can reach expanded states where there are no limits. Then you realize the total emptiness of the now, and that only you exist. I think many talk about this when they talk about solipsism and God. But there is another step to take, the most difficult. you have to let yourself fall into the void. the self must disappear. When this happens, reality is revealed, and you can't think about it. perhaps few have realized this?

Death and Resurrection. Gateless Gate. Nothing lost but an illusion. Which meant the world before, but was only contraction in essence. And then…

I want to train a monkey so he can sit behind a keyboard and post endless nondual Buddhist platitudes and get high off his own farts.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Death and Resurrection. Gateless Gate. Nothing lost but an illusion. Which meant the world before, but was only contraction in essence. And then…

just completely dropping the self. eliminate the center that perceives, which is the recipient of the experience, this is the door without a door. the door is you. When they say: I am God imagining this, I think that they have not passed that door. or when they say: you are alone. These two statements are made by the self.  If the self were gone, these two statements are meaningless.

@Leo Gura 

In your experiences, is there a total openness? let's say spotless mystical ecstasy, perfection. If so, they are legitimate.  You don't use to talk about your experiences , just about your conclusions. 

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I want to train a monkey so he can sit behind a keyboard and post endless nondual Buddhist platitudes and get high off his own farts.

I have to admit that I like your humor. Just to rattle some orthodoxy. Really. Like structure-wise. I have the same iconoclastic spirit.

On the actual content we have ended at different perspectives of course. 

Now we just need the monkey for training, then I could retire and focus on my hobbies… If we find a promising specimen I would volunteer for a part of the training. Matter of honour.

Good Night from old Europe Ladies & Gentlemen