Gabith

Views on suicide

25 posts in this topic

It is said that God is unconditional love, yet in religions and spiritual concepts, they speak of punishment or negative karma after suicide...
What kind of God would punish a person a second time who was already suffering too much to end their life? 

I don't find any positive view on suicide in spirituality / religions... Why ? So we are here, some of us suffer deeply almost/all their life and they don't have the right to end their suffering without bad consequences ? 

A loving God would provide comfort to a person who took their own life because they needed love the most.

You punish yourself. When you do this kind of suicide you're not open to receiving the Love and so you may experience something else, which is of course entirely your own creation.

You don't stop creating when you die, quite the contrary. And if you created hell here on earth for you... well...

Edited by vibv

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

Well I (the ego, idea of me) didn't created shit. I don't control anything, I'm trapped into God's eternal dream. 
I don't control my thoughts & visions about torture, for years I have every single day thoughts about me or others (Me, God) being tortured in every possible ways and I know that it will happens and it's happening because reality in Infinite. I cannot bear this, I didn't ask for this.

God created everything but I don't have the consciousness of God, I live my life through the ego's perpectives because I cannot do otherwise I don't want to go further, I wish I didn't woke up because knowing that I'm everyone and that I have no end, no rest is the worst nightmare possible.

I wish I was asleep, I wish I was still thinking that I'm a separate body, that there's nothing after death or a form of rest

sorry for my english

I will paraphrase and expand but Albert Camus proposed in a world of absurdity, nihilism, existential dread, immorality, lack of ethics, depression, etc. the most revolutionary act is to live with morals and ethics and use your individuality to rebel against the system. He felt killing yourself is a surrender or a participation in the machine or you neutralize yourself.

Everyone must walk their path.

It really depends on what is in your heart. If you kill yourself to spite your ex-girlfriend or as an act of the ego or revenge, that is likely wrong. If you kill yourself as self-immolation to bring attention to injustice that might be noble. If you attain Buddhahood, you may have the option to kill yourself.

It is a taboo. Is the taboo justified? Is there some deep wisdom in living?

Suicide is likely an act of the ego.

Edited by Soul Flight

@Gabith there is no where to go . There Is no death . You are eternal.  You are stuck forever. But that can be a good thing or bad thing depending on your mental health. If you are depressed..please see a therapist ASAP. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Gabith there is no where to go . There Is no death . You are eternal.  You are stuck forever. 

That's the main problem.

I cannot bear this. Each time I see someone suffering, I know it's me. 
Every child, every person is me and there's so much suffering in this world, how can you face this ? 

3 minutes ago, Gabith said:

That's the main problem.

Every child, every person is me and there's so much suffering in this world, how can you face this ? 

exactly. God is a weird motherfucker.  Why do you think humans struggle so much with understanding God?  In fact he cannot be understood.  That's what makes God God. You can understand anything except God.  Investigate reality as deep as you can.. And once you hit a point where your mind collapses and your logic give up.. You've reached God.. You've reached to nowhere and everywhere. 

-Osho

@Someone here

I spent nights in my garden, just sitting and appreciating the silence, gazing at the trees (I didn't even try to meditate or reach a state), and suddenly, I realized that I was God. But it didn't change anything. I was just at peace, and I knew I had never stopped existing; it was so simple... There was no explanation or intense emotional experience like I had in the past (chasing after spiritual experiences...), no, it was just existing.
No how, no why, it's so simple. But on this forum you make everything complicated, especially Leo 

But then what? The next day, I returned to the dream; it's impossible to live with that awareness in our current society

12 minutes ago, Gabith said:

But then what? The next day, I returned to the dream; it's impossible to live with that awareness in our current society

It is possible.  There are plenty of people who have discovered that they are the whole universe and they still eat..shit . Piss ..have jobs ..dreams .etc

To really get the conversation down to earth ..you need to stop spinning stories about what God is . Notice that you don't actually know for certain the things you mentioned like reincarnation. 

I think you need help from a therapist. 

Maybe @flowboy can help you .

-Osho

@Gabith This comes from a place of Love: Please go see a therapist. You will possibly also be prescribed something that can help with those encompassing feelings of doom and anxiety and helps you develop some positive feelings when you can't produce them yourself right now.
If you do, my perspective on that is this: You don't have to take it forever, but it can really help coming out of a really rough spot. I speak from experience.

If you don't have the strength right now, share this with a close friend or relative and ask for help. There's absolutely nothing weak or wrong with that.

I can promise you that it CAN and WILL get better – again, speaking from personal experience. There is light at the end of the tunnel. But sometimes you can't do it alone.

Edited by vibv

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

I don’t know

i mean if every other way has been tried extensively then maybe but it’s almost impossible to exhaust every other way/path/“solution”

1 hour ago, Gabith said:
1 hour ago, Someone here said:

@Gabith there is no where to go . There Is no death . You are eternal.  You are stuck forever. 

That's the main problem.

SELF-LOVE AND STRONG WILL

It is duality. The yin Yang symbol. The black and white fish going around. We must have ugliness to have beauty. We need the negative to illuminate the positive. You are focusing on suffering. It is all perspective. Choose to focus on joy. Or choose to see the bittersweet play between suffering and joy. All things are balanced in the duality. 

Hang in there. You are not alone. Create joy. Ease other’s suffering. :)

@Gabith 

24 minutes ago, jimwell said:

SELF-LOVE AND STRONG WILL

13 minutes ago, Soul Flight said:

It is duality. The yin Yang symbol. The black and white fish going around. We must have ugliness to have beauty. We need the negative to illuminate the positive. You are focusing on suffering. It is all perspective. Choose to focus on joy. Or choose to see the bittersweet play between suffering and joy. All things are balanced in the duality. 

Hang in there. You are not alone. Create joy. Ease other’s suffering. :)

36 minutes ago, vibv said:

@Gabith This comes from a place of Love: Please go see a therapist. You will possibly also be prescribed something that can help with those encompassing feelings of doom and anxiety and helps you develop some positive feelings when you can't produce them yourself right now.
If you do, my perspective on that is this: You don't have to take it forever, but it can really help coming out of a really rough spot. I speak from experience.

If you don't have the strength right now, share this with a close friend or relative and ask for help. There's absolutely nothing weak or wrong with that.

I can promise you that it CAN and WILL get better – again, speaking from personal experience. There is light at the end of the tunnel. But sometimes you can't do it alone.

This ^^^^^

-Osho

@Gabith you literally created your ego and your body and yourself and every scenario you created. Pain and suffering for one human is a blink of an eye for God. You do not understand the seriousness of eternal. 

God will literally stare at a wall for thousands of years without questioning what it is doing it cannot go anywhere. You are an eye staring at a screen making up what is happening on the screen. Suffering means nothing you are doing it to yourself.

If you cannot stare at a wall one day without question it means you are god with a mental illness. Everyone has it

Edited by Hojo

1 hour ago, Gabith said:

don't control my thoughts & visions about torture, for years I have every single day thoughts about me or others

You could do activities that come close to the suffering of torture, an intense boxing match has nuances, running 120 km in the desert, sailing alone bordering Antarctica. You can do those things, really. You have to start little by little, and increase the load. until you can endure real levels of suffering. everyone should have some exposure to real suffering, to be able to handle it

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Gabith this is because your understanding of love is selfish and biased, a loving god would give everyone the exact same treatment regardless of their suffering, which is what it does. Life would be boring if god gave you a hug every time you suffered.

A lot of people who bounce back from suicidal intentions become very strong people. If god had a hand in this it would completely ruin the accomplishment of it. God helping you would possibly make you suffer even further because he never would've given you a chance to find your true strength, making you weaker.

Edited by Francis777

@Francis777 It wouldn't be boring. I would have faith if God showed a little bit of love when there's no hope 

@Gabith your not realising that he shows you unconditional love by not helping you. Once you realise this you'll see that god gave you more love than you could've ever asked for.

And its in that moment that you would find the strength to carry on.

For god to help you is for him to deny you the opportunity to find the love yourself. This would be a tragedy.

Edited by Francis777