EugeneTheSage

Is it ok to have a romance with a coworker/client?

10 posts in this topic

I've heard that having a romance with a coworker could be troublesome, especially after a breakup. Some girl I was dating said she never goes on a date with a client, because it could spoil a deal (she is into b2b sales). What are your experiences and opinions on this?

You never know. I had the option, I let it slip and later on someone else romanced my coworker. 

Girls have strange psyche it could be no-no for a client but for a particular coworker it could be  negotiable. 

Edited by Sucuk Ekmek

2 hours ago, EugeneTheSage said:

Why? Does this jeopardize the career?

50/50 gamble, you can have amazing results or have a situation where you want to quit. I personally would not, because I would like to think about my work just as a social obligation for which I gladly take responsibility, and nothing more. The rest of my life is as valuable as that and I don't want to mix them anymore than I already have. The problem is that your coworkers ideas and suggestions about how you should live (and but the majority does something like this, why don't you) start to bleed in your life, but it's your sacred responsibility to find out how you want to live your life, you need to cultivate your own ideas.

Depends on your job honestly if you work warehouse/ low skilled jobs it doesn't really matter from my experience, for high skilled, high income jobs I wouldn't recommend, office politics could be a real problem if things go south.

A romance at work is like shoplifting. You can get away with it a few times, but eventually it will blow up in your face.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

A romance at work is like shoplifting. You can get away with it a few times, but eventually it will blow up in your face.

You should've told that to one of our political leaders before he got caught stealing a pair of sunglasses at the airport and had to resign from his position as party leader. I still can't believe how stupid that was xD

https://www.politico.eu/article/sunglasses-norway-bjornar-moxnes-red-party-resign/

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

If it goes wrong, get ready for a world of awkwardness. But if she's really that great and there are fireworks, tap that shit in the broom closet and don't look back