Rishabh R

Ordered a self help book : Is it worth reading ?

11 posts in this topic

Book - Obstacle is the way by Ryan Holiday. I mostly think it is worth it. What are your opinion guys.

Haven’t read it, but by the sounds of it it’s a good ready. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Read it yourself first and then tell us.

For the looks of it, stoic philosophy can be found to be valuable and interesting.

Enjoy!

Always depends on your level of personal development and unique needs + desires.

A book on how to do arithmetics will be useless information for a mathematician, but be extremely valuable for a first grader. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

The book is decent but not great. The title is self explanatory. Not much lesson you can gain from the book other than the lesson 'The obstacle is the way'.

You'll get a lot more mileage from better starters to Stoicism like John Sellars' The Pocket Stoic and Massimo Pigliucci's How to Be a Stoic. Much more direct and insightful than Ryan Holiday's books which are mostly just superficial paraphrases of Stoic quotes fluffed up with tangent contemporary examples.

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus