LoneWonderer

Do I need to Brush my teeth if I don't consume any sugar or Processed food?

32 posts in this topic

I use an electric toothbrush with bluetooth connectivity that idiot proofs the whole process. It beeps every 30 seconds, beeps when the 2 minutes is done. I use "Plackers twin line" floss. Then I visit the dentist every 6 months and they say I have great gums and teeth for my age

I'd rather not have receding gums and have to use dentures when I get older. You do you, bro. :)  If I eat meat, it will get in between my teeth and start to smell like rotting meat after a day or three. I certainly wouldn't not brush personally just because I was zero carb.

Edited by sholomar

9 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

According to science and dental professionals, yes.

According to my smelly breath and plaque build-up, yes.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Brushing is not sufficient. 

floss or risk your breath smelling like expired shrimp. 

Edited by D2sage

You can clean your mouth and teeth with just coconut oil. It attracts bacteria and whitens teeth. But you will have to do it for a very long time like 20 minutes every day. Brushing teeth is much faster and cheaper.

1 hour ago, FourCrossedWands said:

You can clean your mouth and teeth with just coconut oil. It attracts bacteria and whitens teeth. But you will have to do it for a very long time like 20 minutes every day. Brushing teeth is much faster and cheaper.

You're speaking about Oil Pulling (I believe, as I don't know), but Oil Pulling is when you put some kind of oil as in Coconut, Olive or Sesame can also be used, but Coconut is highly suggested, in your mouth and swoosh it around for 5-20minutes then spit out. I've done it with coconut oil, and I do see the difference. But I still brush my teeth afterwards as it's not a substitute for brushing.

Please don't brush your teeth for 20 minutes at a time every day as this amount of time will surely erode your enamel quickly and is way too aggressive on the teeth. 2 minutes or so is enough.

Coconut Oil can whiten teeth, yes, so does, turmeric, basil, strawberries and the use of baking soda sparingly, amongst other things found in nature, but you don't want to use baking soda everyday as it is very abrasive.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Thank you all for your replies. I have bought a toothbrush and I'm brushing for about minute after every meal. With time I shall increase this. ?

Your teeth evolved when the average age of a primate was like 30-40.

It seems reasonable that they would not really be designed to last much longer than that without specific care, even if you don't eat much sugar or acidic foods.

Don’t you love brushing your teeth? What are you trying to accomplish by skipping that? I don’t get it.

edit: oh I see you started brushing them. Good for you?

Edited by Rigel

Sailing on the ceiling 

You brush twice a day and floss once a day even if you’re fasting. Rain or fucking shine.

Edited by The0Self

Best to trip while high. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI