Scholar

My first time taking psychedelics - 20mcg 1V-LSD

41 posts in this topic

Took 20mcg of 1V-LSD, which was my first experience using psychedelics ever.

In general, I am pretty sensitive to dopamine and all kinds of substances, like caffeine, alcohol, weed and so forth, and I also don't consume any of them other than in exceptional cases. I am also very sensitive to music.

After an hour or so of taking 20mcg 1V-LSD I basically felt light, painless and a kind of inner apathy where I didn't care about anything. As time went on though, the effects were stronger than I expected with such a low dose (I basically was told microdosing LSD basically feels like drinking a cup of coffee). It was slightly above a microdose, which would be from around 10-15mcg.

If I were to describe the peak intensity, which was from around 2 1/2 - 4 hours (around 3h is supposed to be when the peak occurs) I would say it was definitely on the level of getting high on weed. It wasn't really that subtle of an experience.

Now to what I experienced:

As described above, I felt light and had a certain inner apathy. I also did not feel pain or discomfort from for example sitting or laying in a position that otherwise would cause discomfort over a longer period of time.

Overall, I felt my meta-cognition remained intact and unaltered, my conceptual and identity cognition was also unaltered from what I could tell.

Around the peak I definitely felt a dopaminergic response, a tingling in my brain and a sort of body high I get when I listen to certain music or I write about metaphysics. This kind of tingle wasn't really unpleasant, but I evaluated it as unhealthy, as I relate that feeling to addictive types of behaviours. Considering that this seemed liked a dopaminergic response, some of the other phenomena I experienced seem to fall in line with that. I was very easily absorbed in experiences, and completely absorbed by the experience. I watches this for example:

And I was able to fully immerse myself in the visuals. How I would describe it is that I the visuals were much more real than if I had watched it sober. Watching the shapes change and morph, I had a wholistic perception of the entirety of the visual information. In other words, my visual processing was definitely enhanced, which to me was the major benefit. The substance seems shift one to Right Brain Mode Activity in general, and there is an important insight I had about this that I think is worth sharing.

The dose I used was very small, yet I perceived the differences in my consciousness to be significant. However, if I had been occupied by Left Brain Mode Activity, I don't think I would have really noticed the benefits of this substance. Linear conceptual processing was kind of subdued and felt sluggish, yet it was easy to kind of get overexcited by it. I have trained myself to notice the difference between R-Mode and L-Mode, which I think might be benefitial for guiding the experience with psychedelics. I do think if someone is not familiar with this distinction, and would be more occupied by L-Mode during the experience, they would not have noticed that much of an effect by the 20mcg I took.

Due to the shift to R-Mode, I felt a sort of child-like impressionability. I watched an episode of a TV series to see how much I was immersed, and I definitely liked the amount of immersion the substance granted. It really showed me that I have to shift my mind much more to R-Mode during my regular life, because I am sort of dysfunctionally stuck in L-Mode all the time, as I have these tendencies in general (overthinking, conceptualization and so forth).

The substanced allowed me to just be in the moment and absorbed by the moment, instead of kind of sitting in my head and observing the moment from the same frame. It was funny, because an episode of a shitty TV series I would otherwise not have enjoyed was pretty enjoyable because of this, simply because I was so in the experience.

I had very deep and good sleep, sort of how it was for me more than a decade ago, which is due the elimination of constant L-Mode activity. The day after the trip I felt mentally drained and sleepy, and even two days after I took the substance and I still feel a major shift in R-Mode. I still am very focused, calm and can immerse myself in things easily.

A few things I have kept note of for my future, proper trip are:

- You can easily lose track of your initial intention because of how easily you get consumed by anything that you experience, it creates a type of attention-tunnel vision effect. For my proper trip, I will keep the intention loose so I don't have to worry too much about achieving some goal, and I also will keep a reminder around that can refocus me.

- If I get into negative thinking due to L-Mode activation, I think I simply need to shift to R-Mode and immerse myself in the experience rather than analysis.

- Setting and music make a huge difference, L-Mode activating music I suspect can lead to suffering during a proper trip.

- L-Mode leads to hyperactivity and overexcitedness, therefore the mind can easily get caught up in analytic thought-patterns. Probably best to ground oneself in a R-Mode activity during the come-up of the trip. In general, I think L-Mode will lead to resistance in frustration and this substance is definitely more geared toward R-Mode activation.

- Having people around can stimulate L-Mode due to wanting to communicate to them what is being experienced, and therefore can also lead to hyeractivity and oxerexcitedness.

Glory to Israel

@Scholar wow great trip report! You made the most out of 20 micro. 

Because you are so self aware and self reflective you can go taking a normal dose of 150 micro. But let your intuition decide. 

Sometimes a real trip is better than stuck between worlds. 

Yes. It's not a cup of Coffee, 20 micro is way more stronger than that. A cup of Coffee is maybe 5 micro lsd and even that I would consider has more effects

Edited by OBEler

At that dose it's meh.

125ug is a proper dose.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

For me, most lysergamides start at 100 mcg, often underwhelming, better to start at 150 mcg, and most often 200 or 250 is not too much either. Obviously it varies like between ETH-LAD (100 mcg is enough) and AL-LAD (never liked less than 225 mcg).

@Girzo absolutely right. 

For me also a good allad trip starts with 200 micro up. Below I am just confused. 

Better have a real trip than half trip half sober, because that can be way more challenging for your mind. 150 to 200 micro 1 v lsd is a normal dose. 

Edited by OBEler

You are too logical for deeper trips. You are analyzing your trip like a spreadsheet. You are not going to discover reality as being pure imagination unless you eventually drop your attachment to being able to understand what is happening. 

Logic is imaginary, in truth logic is delusion. We play with this delusion called logic because it helps maintain this construction we call life.

But if you want to truly awaken to the true nature of reality you need to realize that entire analysis you gave...is just imaginary.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

You are too logical for deeper trips. You are analyzing your trip like a spreadsheet. You are not going to discover reality as being pure imagination unless you eventually drop your attachment to being able to understand what is happening. 

Logic is imaginary, in truth logic is delusion. We play with this delusion called logic because it helps maintain this construction we call life.

But if you want to truly awaken to the true nature of reality you need to realize that entire analysis you gave...is just imaginary.

You can switch between R-Mode and L-Mode if you are familiar with them, this wasn't an exercise to find deep truth but just me testing out the substance and taking note of some things. In the notes you will actually find me talking about that it's probably better to remain in R-Mode during a full trip, which is basically the advice you are giving.

Also, imaginary is just another word for existence, and you are partaking in existence when you say logic is imaginary.

Anyways, I still feel the effects of the substance. I don't know if it actually changed something permanently in my mind, but I definitely still feel like I am basically in the moment. I am immersed in everything I do such that I do rarely have subtle anxieties that would otherwise kind of always be present in the back of my mind. I kind of lose myself in the activities I partake in, which to me is actually a tremendous benefit.

I will take another 10mcg dose tomorrow to test how that will affect me, and then take a two week break before I do a full trip of 100-150mcg. I am curious to see how long-lasting the benefits of this substance are. I can see why some people microdose it to treat or dampen depression.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

@Scholar If 10 micro also went well, I think your first real lsd Trip should be 150.

First trip is special so dont go too low. You need to jump into the water and your mind will be mostly in the moment because the effects are too new. Later trips are more challenging because your mind have more freedom to get out of moment into analyzing Mode because it knows the effects and that is where things ca be challenging. 

Your first trip is a free pass, so you can go normal dose, if you have no mental illness background. 

Edited by OBEler

Great report!

Yep, psychedelics will get you absorbed into experience. Your paradigm shifts. It's good that you took a low dose, so you will be better prepared for a stronger one.

Set & setting are really important so take your time and a dose that feels good for you.

Body high on LSD is nice. Felt healthy to me on regular LSD.

I always feel like my experience on psychedelics is way to sacred in order for me to turn on the TV. But that's just a bias I have.

❤️

On 8/31/2023 at 5:57 PM, Scholar said:

You can switch between R-Mode and L-Mode if you are familiar with them, this wasn't an exercise to find deep truth but just me testing out the substance and taking note of some things. In the notes you will actually find me talking about that it's probably better to remain in R-Mode during a full trip, which is basically the advice you are giving.

Also, imaginary is just another word for existence, and you are partaking in existence when you say logic is imaginary.

Anyways, I still feel the effects of the substance. I don't know if it actually changed something permanently in my mind, but I definitely still feel like I am basically in the moment. I am immersed in everything I do such that I do rarely have subtle anxieties that would otherwise kind of always be present in the back of my mind. I kind of lose myself in the activities I partake in, which to me is actually a tremendous benefit.

I will take another 10mcg dose tomorrow to test how that will affect me, and then take a two week break before I do a full trip of 100-150mcg. I am curious to see how long-lasting the benefits of this substance are. I can see why some people microdose it to treat or dampen depression.

R- Mode is IMAGINARY their is no R-MODE get rid of the filter!!!! All filters are LOGIC!!! I'm not talking about ANY MODE I am talking about the absence of everything...I'm talking about NOTHING. Realize you are NOTHING so you can experience EVERYTHING. There is no R-MODE or L-MODE! Listen to yourself you sound like a robot!! What you gonna tell me....Beep Beep Beep must activate R-Mode now!!! You see what I mean? Drop this logical B.S. all that is for survival.

Imaginary is NOT just some arbitrary word for existence....if you close your mind....and focus...you can become aware that there is NO DIFFERENCE between dreaming in what you call sleep...and what you call real life. I can tell by your posts you truly do not get it....there is MUCH FEAR IN YOU. But you are pretending that is not the case. Until you get rid of your fear of insanity....you just playing around. Nothing wrong with that....but what's the point? You can't discover anything truly meaningful doing what you are doing.

For example...I recently became aware.....I can hear with my eyes!! MY EYES!!! If you stay within the materialistic paradigm....that is what you will experience. But if you go where nobody has gone before, be an actual trailblazer....you get to see the mystical aspect of life and discover....it doesn't actually make ANY SENSE!!!! Logic is DELUSION!!!! Reality IS NOT LOGICAL it only APPEARS that way....but it is not bound by it and so it doesn't have to abide by it.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

R- Mode is IMAGINARY their is no R-MODE get rid of the filter!!!! All filters are LOGIC!!! I'm not talking about ANY MODE I am talking about the absence of everything...I'm talking about NOTHING. Realize you are NOTHING so you can experience EVERYTHING. There is no R-MODE or L-MODE! Listen to yourself you sound like a robot!! What you gonna tell me....Beep Beep Beep must activate R-Mode now!!! You see what I mean? Drop this logical B.S. all that is for survival.

Imaginary is NOT just some arbitrary word for existence....if you close your mind....and focus...you can become aware that there is NO DIFFERENCE between dreaming in what you call sleep...and what you call real life. I can tell by your posts you truly do not get it....there is MUCH FEAR IN YOU. But you are pretending that is not the case. Until you get rid of your fear of insanity....you just playing around. Nothing wrong with that....but what's the point? You can't discover anything truly meaningful doing what you are doing.

For example...I recently became aware.....I can hear with my eyes!! MY EYES!!! If you stay within the materialistic paradigm....that is what you will experience. But if you go where nobody has gone before, be an actual trailblazer....you get to see the mystical aspect of life and discover....it doesn't actually make ANY SENSE!!!! Logic is DELUSION!!!! Reality IS NOT LOGICAL it only APPEARS that way....but it is not bound by it and so it doesn't have to abide by it.

Interesting… hearing with your eyes ? cool.

He did say it was his first trip, maybe he keeps going & some day he makes a similar “hearing with his eyes” type discovery.

@Razard86 A lot of projection here to be fair. What you said in your two posts here, could and was said to you just a few months ago. 

You have come far, but remember to stay humble. 

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

10mcg was much more subtle, could also be because I still felt in R-Mode flow after 3 days of taking the original 20mcg dose.

I still feel super exhausted the day after though. I didn't get quite enough sleep, but it feels like I ran a marathon or something.

Glory to Israel

@Scholar that just happens as a beginner. 

Drink more water and have good quality sleep. If you take lsd in the mid of the day, it can last for 10 hours so this can have an effect on your sleep. Total normal 

Having good sleep is the key

Edited by OBEler

Wow this is only a week after my last post, but it feels like a month has passed. Was on a short family vacation, and I noticed a pretty significant yet subtle shift in my consciousness throughout.

To keep things short, I feel like even just the 20ug did somehow resolved certain things I have been working on for years, or at least pulled me from a plateau. I am still much more in the moment and am far less prone to be caught up by certain habitual thought patterns. Usually I am kind of left-brain, intellectual minded, and I definitely feel less "autistic" in that way. My memory seems better as well. I also had certain strange hang ups that just kept me in loops because I just did not have the perspective to truly imagine possibilities outside of them, which now feels utterly silly.

In general, I would say there is less friction in my life, it I am flowing far better.

To be clear, my intention with these first psychedelic trips and the usage of 1V-LSD is primarily self-improvement oriented, and more specifically oriented towards my current life-purpose goals. My main intention is not spiritual, although over the past few days I have realized the two are not really as seperate as I thought.

I will be taking my proper trip in the next week, and I can't imagine what it will do to me if 20ug seem to have already created such significant shifts. I still do not know if these changes in consciousness will just disappear after a while, I imagine that is possible, especially with bad habits.

Also, I feel like people just became more attractive to me? Women just suddenly all look much more gorgeous and feminine to me, whereas before I had harsher criteria for what I found visually and socially appealling.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

@Scholar women love guys who are in the Moment. Your improvements are great, thats some nice effects lsd can give to you. 

Good luck for your first real trip. If it gets spiritual embrace it, you can learn a lot. 

If fear should arise, this will just be for some seconds /minutes and will pass. You dont need to do anything about the fear. Fear is not your enemy so welcome it. 

Edited by OBEler

On 10.9.2023 at 0:11 AM, OBEler said:

@Scholar women love guys who are in the Moment. Your improvements are great, thats some nice effects lsd can give to you. 

Good luck for your first real trip. If it gets spiritual embrace it, you can learn a lot. 

If fear should arise, this will just be for some seconds /minutes and will pass. You dont need to do anything about the fear. Fear is not your enemy so welcome it. 

I am worried that if I take a higher dose it might erase the subtle effects I am currently experiencing, and on the other hand I wonder if those same positive effects will be exponentiated.

I expect there will be permanent and significant changes to my brain structure. With the amount of brain connectivity I gained from 20mcg, I am curious if 100-150mcg will actually be 5-7.5 times higher, or if some sort of peak is reached before that.

I also kind of want to go with a lower dose before going higher, like first doing 100mcg instead of 150mcg. I want to do a 100mcg dose anyways, and I wonder if it will be underwhelming, or in fact not even as powerful, once I took 150mcg.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

It is complicated to answer if 100 mcg after 150 will be less or more powerful than before. 

You are on a journey and every lsd Trip can build up to each other. 

I recommend like before to take 150 first time. After that you have an idea what lsd is and then can decide taking higher or lower. Your mind will be total in the Moment, no time to think and analyze because of so many New effects,every Minute will be shown to you. This is your advantage for a good Trip. 

I just don't understand how 20mcg could make such a difference. I still feel completely in flow and in a meditative state. I feel like I could easily figure out the solution to any problem. So many egoic structures seem to be completely eroded or weakened. How long will this last?

Glory to Israel

On 31/08/2023 at 6:49 PM, Leo Gura said:

At that dose it's meh.

125ug 300 ug is a proper dose.

i corrected :)

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.